IGNORED

What's the latest Atari related thing(s) you've bought on ebay?

Ross PK

The last I talked to ApolloBoy, he was still into Atari 8-bit stuff. Did you trade him for an Atari 2600 heavy sixer with Glib cart?

No, we did a trade + purchase. I gave him some $$ and an 800XL w/ Rambo 256K upgrade, since my favorite is the 1200XL.

Also getting ready to sell him a 130XE. Just gotta find my bloody test hardware!!!!

Yep, I'm still very much into the A8, I just wanted to switch around my setup because my 800 and 1200XL were taking up so much space (and I was strapped for cash). Plus, I was beginning to get tired of the XEGS, so I thought I'd switch my setup to an 800XL with a 130XE as a backup system. I've been buying/trading A8 carts like crazy, too.

What carts are you looking for (still)?

I'm looking for these:

Activision Decathlon

Beamrider

Choplifter (XE version)

Dark Chambers

H.E.R.O.

Kaboom

Karateka

Pitfall II

Shamus

Track & Field

Zone Ranger

The last I talked to ApolloBoy, he was still into Atari 8-bit stuff. Did you trade him for an Atari 2600 heavy sixer with Glib cart?

No, we did a trade + purchase. I gave him some $$ and an 800XL w/ Rambo 256K upgrade, since my favorite is the 1200XL.

Also getting ready to sell him a 130XE. Just gotta find my bloody test hardware!!!!

Yep, I'm still very much into the A8, I just wanted to switch around my setup because my 800 and 1200XL were taking up so much space (and I was strapped for cash). Plus, I was beginning to get tired of the XEGS, so I thought I'd switch my setup to an 800XL with a 130XE as a backup system. I've been buying/trading A8 carts like crazy, too.

What carts are you looking for (still)?

I'm looking for these:

Activision Decathlon

Beamrider

Choplifter (XE version)

Dark Chambers

H.E.R.O.

Kaboom

Karateka

Pitfall II

Shamus

Track & Field

Zone Ranger

I have River Rescue cartridge if you're interested. I have no idea what's the purpose of that game.

A busy week by normal standards.

Yet another 7800 on the way for $20 + post, hopefully will arrive tomorrow.

And just a minute ago, got a 520STe for 60 bucks. Specified pickup only and I asked, albeit late if he'd post computer only, don't want the monitor.

So, with luck he'll agree to that - nobody else bidded on it anyway, so the way I see it he hasn't lost out if he can't be bothered posting it.

What's the deal with SIMMs for the STe ? I assume it only takes the non-parity ones.

Picked up this Atari 800 OS board. Looks different-- perhaps someone knows what that "BITS F8F0" is all about on one of the chips:

WHat the heck is that? What happens when you try and use it?

The machine boots up fine into "Atari Memo Pad" or "READY" with BASIC cartridge inserted. I haven't had time to play with it yet to determine what's in that "BITS F8F0" chip. There's a 74LS42 on that daughter board as well.

At last! ... The Infocom Starcross Saucer!!! (via another AA member)

post-11281-127405561785_thumb.jpg

The best thing is that my Infocom Folio collection is now complete!

post-11281-127405560213_thumb.jpg

There needs to be a jealous emoticon, great collection! I have been trying fairly successfully to get all original Infocom games (A8 or ST where possible, PC otherwise) but you took it to another level by getting all the original folios.

Really impressive!

I didn't know that Zork I, II, III exists as folio version.

Does all your folio games are for Atari?

Nice, I remember i used to have the Suspended way back in the day, loaned it to someone, (didnt get it back, but was a good guy so didnt mind) and had starcross too, but got it used and had everything but saucer...

also do craigs list finds count too? i got a 130XE plus a few unamed carts and joysticks... for $20 plus $20 shipping... they were fed-ex'd monday, so i will get pics when they get here...

sloopy.

post-11281-127405561785_thumb.jpg

post-11281-127405560213_thumb.jpg

nice one ! I am still missing Planetfall in the gray box edition to finish my Infocom Atari 8bit gray box collection ... would even trade it for my complete Planetfall Folio :-)

anyone got one for sale/trade ?

back on topic: bought "Axis Assassin" UK Ariola ... quite different box-art from the US release

altho not ebay, was craigs list i got this group of goodies... $20 + $20 shipping...

130XE (works great, even all the keys)

ps, rf cable, rf switchbox

2 CX-40's

10 games (Star Raiders, Galaxian, Pac-Man, Asteroids, Defender, Eastern Front, E.T. Phone Home, Missle Command, Qix, Space Invaders)

130XE_fromCL.jpg

altho not ebay, was craigs list i got this group of goodies... $20 + $20 shipping...

130XE (works great, even all the keys)

ps, rf cable, rf switchbox

2 CX-40's

10 games (Star Raiders, Galaxian, Pac-Man, Asteroids, Defender, Eastern Front, E.T. Phone Home, Missle Command, Qix, Space Invaders)

I still need to get a game case... I've been looking for a good one for ages!

1084ST monitor with tilt and swivel stand, separate chroma/luma and RGB inputs. Very yellow but Retr0Briting up nicely...

ahh you got that did you, was going to bid but I thought better of it ( I like my kahunas attached to my body :D )

ahh you got that did you, was going to bid but I thought better of it ( I like my kahunas attached to my body icon_mrgreen.gif )

I run that same gauntlet every time. Much creative description is required. :D Fortunately it was bought with the proceeds from parts I had sold, and was cheap. The thing has been peroxiding overnight (!) and looks almost mint... pictures to follow.