IGNORED

What's the latest Atari related thing(s) you've bought on ebay?

Ross PK

Wasn't me. It's way beyond anything I would be willing to pay and I already have that game in several formats.

I was watching that auction, $999 is WAY too much for a game, regardless of if it's sealed and rare.

the assem/edit cart is not rare, best has them... (or at least did last time i was looking through there...)

doh! They're $34 new at Best! I should have looked there. If their website was easier to navigate, I would have found it.

Yeah, I don't understand why it doesn't bother Brad that his site looks like it was designed by a kindergarten class. Even some decent text-only listings from the catalog would help.

the assem/edit cart is not rare, best has them... (or at least did last time i was looking through there...)

doh! They're $34 new at Best! I should have looked there. If their website was easier to navigate, I would have found it.

Yeah, I don't understand why it doesn't bother Brad that his site looks like it was designed by a kindergarten class. Even some decent text-only listings from the catalog would help.

Maybe he prefers to sell the catalog.

Maybe he prefers to sell the catalog.

Yeah, the catalog is lovely but out of date too. No matter what, you have to ask before ordering.

I find it easiest to just email or call... Plus if you have a question about something Brad usually has the answer!

DID NOT WIN THE FOLLOWING:

post-16281-128979516016_thumb.jpg

Was going cheap (still did) and some schmooze out-sniped me. Damn!

Hey now I resent that. icon_sad.gif That's why any one can bid up until the last second. Besides I couldn't believe my eyes that it was going so cheap either. Had never seen that package before on ebay, so I'd have to say it was somewhat rare. ...... well I guess what goes around comes around. I lost on the Writer's Tool auction. icon_sad.gif

Congrats on the ones you did win. Maybe we can do battle on ebay once again on down the line. icon_wink.gif Keep your high speed internet access well oiled. No hard feelings.

• Like 1

Hi,

Was looking at his addendum to his catalog and it indicates all ICD products (including OSS carts) are sold out. Best to contact him directly to find out for sure. I'd like to get them as well but I think they are long gone.

Hi,

Was looking at his addendum to his catalog and it indicates all ICD products (including OSS carts) are sold out. Best to contact him directly to find out for sure. I'd like to get them as well but I think they are long gone.

Assembler Editor Cart is an atari cart not OSS... i had 3 until today...

sloopy.

Hi,

Assembler Editor Cart is an atari cart not OSS... i had 3 until today...

sloopy.

He had three until today... LMAO :D

Edited by My600XL

You and I were both bidding on the same Assembler Cart! ;)

...and you won! :(

Good find though!

Ha ha! But seriously, go to Best Electronics and you can get a new one for $34, plus shipping. Wish I'd have known that then! :( You'll be the real winner if you do. :)

What would you say if I told you I got the cartridge & the Atari Roots book, shipped for $25 total. :P

... and I have NO IDEA why Sloopy had 3 of them, until today! ;)

Good find though!

Ha ha! But seriously, go to Best Electronics and you can get a new one for $34, plus shipping. Wish I'd have known that then! :( You'll be the real winner if you do. :)

What would you say if I told you I got the cartridge & the Atari Roots book, shipped for $25 total. :P

Man, if I didn't already have Atari Roots (and AsmEd on the way) I'd be paypal'n you right now.

Good find though!

Man, if I didn't already have Atari Roots (and AsmEd on the way) I'd be paypal'n you right now.

my other two are not for sale, one is mod'd and has sat in my 130XE replacing the internal basic, and the other cart is just the cart... i got 2 of them a month ago in a feepay auction, got both of them, two pilot, two basic (who doesnt have several basics?)...

the atari roots book, i have had since the 80's, and is the one i actually learned assem from...

and for anyone who doesnt know, and wants to read it, and the rest of the required reading for being a true hacker of the bits...

http://www.atariarchives.org/

sloopy.

Good find though!

my other two are not for sale, one is mod'd and has sat in my 130XE replacing the internal basic, and the other cart is just the cart... i got 2 of them a month ago in a feepay auction, got both of them, two pilot, two basic (who doesnt have several basics?)...

the atari roots book, i have had since the 80's, and is the one i actually learned assem from...

and for anyone who doesnt know, and wants to read it, and the rest of the required reading for being a true hacker of the bits...

sloopy.

Mr Sloopy, reading a book on a computer isn't quite the same has having the original book in your hands (i've been looking for that book since way back when)

Good find though!

sloopy.

Mr Sloopy, reading a book on a computer isn't quite the same has having the original book in your hands (i've been looking for that book since way back when)

You are right a physical book is not the same as a PDF, but then information is informaion, and as long as it is in human readable form then it is usable... sure its nice to have all the great things that were (and still being produced) available for the A8, but it isnt reasonable for all of us to have them, due to quatity and monetary constraints...

and to put this thread (somewhat) back on topic:

back in Oct, I won an auction for an XF551, paid for it Oct 18, i have yet to receive it, and originally the auction said it would be shipped within 5 days of payment clearing, its been a month since payment cleared, and still no drive, and two 'ask the seller a question' inquirys have gone unanswered, but the auction listing is now showing a delivery date of 11/16-11/21...

should i start the complaint filing? should i request a PP refund?

sloopy.

and to put this thread (somewhat) back on topic:

back in Oct, I won an auction for an XF551, paid for it Oct 18, i have yet to receive it, and originally the auction said it would be shipped within 5 days of payment clearing, its been a month since payment cleared, and still no drive, and two 'ask the seller a question' inquirys have gone unanswered, but the auction listing is now showing a delivery date of 11/16-11/21...

should i start the complaint filing? should i request a PP refund?

sloopy.

don't mess about, get a claim in as soon as possible. The seller has had reasonable opportunity to send it, refund you or at least communicate

how about that bum out of Venezuela: ebay id: buysellven

41 negatives this month...made his feedback private...and no one is getting there items after 2 months.

now he is using another id to try and sell his stuff again, BEWARE!

I'm waiting on some stuff from buysellven. Both the auctions show a tracking number, but I have no idea how to use it.

EDIT:

Ah, one of them works on the USPS site, the other one doesn't.

Edited by Bryan