IGNORED

What's the latest Atari related thing(s) you've bought on ebay?

Ross PK

There is also a later version of Your Atari Computer with XL updates. It's a book I recommend as well.

However, not worth buying if you have the original. The XL update is a 7 page afterthought at the end of the book, which wastes 2 pages talking about the design, keyboard and software compatibility, then another page is just charts, and the remaining pages talks about the new graphics modes, self test and European characters. Basically a reprint to sell more copies of the book to XL users.

Edited by Havok69

the assem/edit cart is not rare, best has them... (or at least did last time i was looking through there...)

doh! They're $34 new at Best! I should have looked there. If their website was easier to navigate, I would have found it.

Hi,

Was looking at his addendum to his catalog and it indicates all ICD products (including OSS carts) are sold out. Best to contact him directly to find out for sure. I'd like to get them as well but I think they are long gone.

Assembler Editor Cart is an atari cart not OSS... i had 3 until today...

sloopy.

I don't understand the attraction of the Assembler Editor cart. I have a bunch of them, too, and it really isn't a top notch assembler like MAC/65. I guess if you have nothing else you can make do, but it wouldn't be a preferred option for compiling large programs. I sure wouldn't pay $80 for one.

Edited by OldAtarian

Ok, got some goodies over the past two weeks. I thought I'd throw up some pics.

Picked up an Atari 400 cheap..

post-27623-129038616531_thumb.jpg

Then a power supply, also pretty cheap..

post-27623-129038621895_thumb.jpg

GREAT Atari Basic book (recommended by "UNIXcoffee928")

post-27623-129038638684_thumb.jpg

Some misc. game carts..

post-27623-129038644609_thumb.jpg

post-27623-129038646535_thumb.jpg

post-27623-129038647671_thumb.jpg

Spy vs Spy game on disk..

post-27623-129038652675_thumb.jpg

Assembler Editor cartridge and Nice Atari Roots Book (from Sloopy)

post-27623-129038658392_thumb.jpg

Finally, the best find of the past two weeks. This neat Atari cartridge holder, got it for $4.00 total!

post-27623-129038666788_thumb.jpg

and look what was inside (included for $4.00)...

post-27623-129038672714_thumb.jpg

That should keep me busy for a little while. ;)

What ya want for the cart case ;-)

the assem/edit cart is not rare, best has them... (or at least did last time i was looking through there...)

doh! They're $34 new at Best! I should have looked there. If their website was easier to navigate, I would have found it.

Hi,

Was looking at his addendum to his catalog and it indicates all ICD products (including OSS carts) are sold out. Best to contact him directly to find out for sure. I'd like to get them as well but I think they are long gone.

Assembler Editor Cart is an atari cart not OSS... i had 3 until today...

sloopy.

I don't understand the attraction of the Assembler Editor cart. I have a bunch of them, too, and it really isn't a top notch assembler like MAC/65. I guess if you have nothing else you can make do, but it wouldn't be a preferred option for compiling large programs. I sure wouldn't pay $80 for one.

yeah its not the best, but i would say its better then nothing, and does work... i did a few things in that cart back in the day, i have a OSS super cart (and all 4 OSS carts too), and would use Mac/65 for anything... but for someone who doesnt have anything, and cant justify finding and shelling out for a mac/65, the assem/editor cart is good...

sloopy.

What ya want for the cart case icon_winking.gif

I'm selling one icon_ponder.gif

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2905033269971?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=290503326997&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

That's a pretty good BIN price... I've been lucky so far though, each of mine have been $12.00 or less (mostly with carts included)... If I didn't have any already I'd probably snag yours... But I can't justify the cost right now...

I'm sure it will sell though :) good luck!

That's a pretty good BIN price... I've been lucky so far though, each of mine have been $12.00 or less (mostly with carts included)... If I didn't have any already I'd probably snag yours... But I can't justify the cost right now...

I'm sure it will sell though :) good luck!

I can't believe My600XL got one for $4 with carts! I used to own several of them I got new from Best. Then I sold them when I downsized my collection. Now suddenly they're quite desirable.

I'm sure it will sell though icon_smile.gif good luck!

I can't believe My600XL got one for $4 with carts! I used to own several of them I got new from Best. Then I sold them when I downsized my collection. Now suddenly they're quite desirable.

Yeah it's pretty sweet for $4.00, the best I ever did was a 800XL lot for $15.00 that had one Gray case and a XF551...

Just been playing with this Atari 130XE set-up 130XE which all works brilliantly. Surprised at how good the rf picture is compared to the XL is this to be expected? Don't think I'll keep the tape drive need to find the tape games lurking somewhere and test it. Of course now I need to sell a few bits to pay for this lot!

Barnie

Just been playing with this Atari 130XE set-up 130XE which all works brilliantly. Surprised at how good the rf picture is compared to the XL is this to be expected? Don't think I'll keep the tape drive need to find the tape games lurking somewhere and test it. Of course now I need to sell a few bits to pay for this lot!

Barnie

If you were in the US I'd buy the XC12 off ya...

a small lot of cassettes:

Invitation to Programming, US History, SoftSide Dec 81, Ghost Hunter, Lunar Lander and Protector II

all for the low low price of $.99 !

post-11281-129079792228_thumb.jpg

jacobus, I love your "avatar" picture there. A fine choice!

....and good deal on the tapes. I bought Ghost Hunter on tape myself, back when it was new.

Invitation to Programming, US History, SoftSide Dec 81, Ghost Hunter, Lunar Lander and Protector II

Nice, that's a complete set of the US History tapes. You'll need the Education Master Cartridge (or a flashed ROM image of same) to see the graphics on the screen, but if you just want to listen to history lectures, they should play just fine.

jacobus, I love your "avatar" picture there. A fine choice!

....and good deal on the tapes. I bought Ghost Hunter on tape myself, back when it was new.

Thanks, I've always thought the 400 had the best looking keyboard!

Today I also received a copy of the original Protector on cassette. My Synapse cassette collection now looks like this:

post-11281-1290824146_thumb.jpg

I got a 1200 XL, A Mega ST2 with Megafile 30, and a Lynx 2 with 4 games, power supply and carry bag. Paid about $200 for the lot collectively and that includes shipping from 3 different places. That Mega ST deal also included the JVC SC1224 that I am looking for a cable for, my freaky looking CX-22 trackball, and one of those chunky Wico Command Controls with the fat base that doesn't look like the normal Command Control stick. Also came with a bunch of software like Pagestream 2.1 with the 2.2 upgrade, Speedo GDOS, and dozens of other professional grade programs I never would have afforded in the 90's. The 1200 XL also came with a bunch of loose carts. No rares, but still a nice bonus. The Mega also has some kind of SIMM memory board installed that I haven't identified yet mainly because it has 2 gobs of hot melt glue holding it down, oh and 3 Atari mice. Don't ask me why one ST needs 3 mice, but I'm guessing at least one of them is broken.

Edited by OldAtarian