IGNORED

Nyko cobra light gun with Virtua Cop

20eyes

I recently picked up a Nyko cobra light gun. It has a Saturn and a PS adapter on the cord and im trying to get it to work with Virtua Cop for the Saturn. It will light up when you fire the gun in the 2nd controller slot but it does nothing else. and once the game starts it wont do anything.

I feel dumb for asking but im still new to the saturn and I have no idea how to make it work.

Sorry I can't answer your question, but I was about to start a very similar topic myself and don't want to clog the boards. I was wondering what guns the Virtua Cop games on the Saturn will work with. Anyone have a list of which guns work with which games for this system?

There's the Stunner/Virtua Gun, the Cobra Gun, and I think another one is a combo GunCon/Stunner made by Nyko. Several third party guns existed.

I never had much trouble at all with Virtua Cop and the Cobra Gun. What I'd do is restore the calibration to default for both players. I don't know right off if you can do that without deleting the save file or not. I do know that if you have to delete the file, there should still be codes to re enable the features that you've already unlocked.

IIRC, my Cobra Gun was a little picky about firing at angles to the screen.

Are you using the auto fire switch? If so, slide it to the off position. I think auto reload works fine, though. If nothing else, increase the brightness a tad for Virtua Cop, and increase the "gun looseness" setting. It defaults to 5 or 6, try bumping it to 15 or so.

I think I usually used the Cobra Gun in Port 1, since it's blue and the Stunner is red. I switched them for Area 51.

It's been a long time since I replaced mine with a Virtua Gun, though. I didn't need the auto fire or auto reload, and the Virtua Gun is one heck of a lot lighter.

Dirty controller contacts? The Saturn side probably hasn't been used in 10 years.

Thata what im thinking. But it works now so I won't question it lol. And it is in the first controller slot. Im wondering why it was partially working in slot 2 but nothing in slot 1, oh well.

• 3 weeks later...

Bump, and hey, did your Cobra Gun have the video hookup? My first one didn't, but I just picked up a super Cobra, which does.

Oddly enough, it won't work on the Saturn without the video feed hooked up, either.

Anywhere one can find a FAQ or instruction book for this?

I'm also wondering if itll work with my PlayStation 2. I'm planning to use it with Rebel Assault II (that was programmed for the Konami guns) and Time Crisis 1.

Between these and my trio of Saturn light gun games, I'll be using all three modes.

Edited by shadow460

It's the yellow plug you have to plug the Saturn's video output into, then plug into the RCA jacks, much like the GunCon for PlayStation. In fact, it's exactly like the GunCon connection. I was shocked to find out that it had to be hooked up for Saturn use.

My old Cobra Gun didn't have that--it just plugged straight into the Saturn. The two models do have some differences.