IGNORED

Rayman; Also sound problem

20eyes

I just got rayman about a week ago and finished moding my AV output in my console so I thought Id try my new game out. All I can say is what the hell happened when they made Checkered Flag!??!?! I'm amazed at how good the graphics look on rayman, makes me wonder what they were thinking with some games.

I somehow lost track of which system is which and I modded the one with the sound problem. Anyway, after a few min. the sound cuts out. Anyone know where I should start to look for problems?

Edited by 20eyes

I just got rayman about a week ago and finished moding my AV output in my console so I thought Id try my new game out.
Yeah... I don't like most hop+bop platformers, but Rayman's not bad.

Personally, I think the best thing about Rayman is the 'hidden' game of Breakout. (Take a look at the Tips & Cheats here on AtariAge to see what I'm talking about.)

I doubt that. It's more likely that you didn't play far enough before looking up clues. I'm sure the clues would have presented themselves to you had you played a bit longer.

Referring to the first post, I'm curious... what AV Mod was done to the Jaguar and why?

what AV Mod was done to the Jaguar and why?
I wondered that as well, and found that the OP previously wrote this:
I finally got a jaguar. I ended up getting cybermorph, kasumi ninja, checkered flag, and a memory track cartridge with it. I wasn't real happy with the picture quailty of the rf switch so I added some RCA plugs and its a million times better.
I'm kind of curious to know if this means he soldered up an AV cable from scratch (quite possible, you can find wire schematics for the cable on the internet), or if he modified the RF box in some way. I think I'll PM him and ask...

Referring to the first post, I'm curious... what AV Mod was done to the Jaguar and why?

The picture with the RF switch looked like crap and im too cheap to buy an AV adapter so I found composit and audio left and right on the board and up wired a set of RCA plugs.

If you made the cable yourself and the sound is cutting out, then there is most likely a short somewhere in the cable, something's probably touching something else or there may be a break inside a wire casing/sheath. Double check all your solder joints. Yeah, the RF connection for the Jaguar sucks ass, I read Atari was disapointed with it too, there was not enough shielding on the cables so there was a lot of interference. I noticed a lot of Jag RF units show a visible pattern on the left hand side of the screen.