IGNORED

Bad Customer Service

jbanes

Wow. From the replies, it seems like Mr. Brent's experience wasn't unique. I have a hard time believing that some of the reps can be such assholes on the phone... but I have heard people on the receiving end of such outsourced things get irate as hell when the language/communication/attitude barrier prevents things from happening, and it isn't pretty!

Damn it...when I buy a next gen... if it craps out, it's going back to the store I bought it from (seems like Costco is a safe bet on that end). I actually recently did this w/ a couple NDS systems. Store return/exchange: No sweat... Dealing with Nintendo customer service: Play with it for a while, if you decide it really affects your game play, then we'll fix it (warranty), well, it affected my gameplay enough (and the fact that I bought them new), to want to replace it... store was closer, easier to verify info with, and didn't take 2 days to get back to me via email. It isn't that Nintendo wasn't helpful, or didn't want to do warranty repair (although they did ask me to see if I can ignore the dead pixels in a roundabout way), but doing it through the store was so much easier since I was still under the 30 day policy from Best Buy (who were rather helpful).

Long story short, if you can return it to the store you bought it from for an exchange, then do it...chances are it'll be simpler in the long run.

Just about everytime I think about buying a 360, another horror story like this pops up. I'd love to have a more quantifiable set of data, because even if the hundred people on this forum who are complaing and correct, they might still be 100 out of say 2 million. So here's my way of cross-referencing their data - has anybody HERE had their 360 brick, let alone within 3 months of purchase?

Yep. Thats the standard with MS and thier xbox division.

When my Thompson drive died, I of course called. It was out of warranty, but since the Thompson drive problem is such a widely known factory defect I knew that they would stand behind it.

Nope.

Not only did I have to shell out $$ to have it replaced, the reps I spoke with pretended they had never heard of it. We're talking Ford-Pinto exploding gas tank known problem here. You'd have to be living under a rock to not know the problems the Xbox has with thier DVD drives, namely the Thompson brand.

At least though the reps that lied through thier teeth to me were from the US and spoke English.

Nope. No surprises in that article. Thier customer service and dedication to thier product was pathetic at best with the original xbox. Considering they hyped the new console at launch with a fake shortage, then went back on thier promise with backwards compatability, seeing this is no shock.

Edited by jetset

Just about everytime I think about buying a 360, another horror story like this pops up. I'd love to have a more quantifiable set of data, because even if the hundred people on this forum who are complaing and correct, they might still be 100 out of say 2 million. So here's my way of cross-referencing their data - has anybody HERE had their 360 brick, let alone within 3 months of purchase?

Yep my 360 didn't actually brick, but it would freeze up when playing Perfect Dark Zero consistantly. I called them and told them what was up, they asked that I try a few things and then when none of it worked they overnighted me a cardboard box. I had a "new" 360 in about 2 weeks and haven't had any issues since *knock on wood* I also spoke with customer service prior to that when I had purchased an extended warranty. All the times I sopke with them were positive experiences.

PS jetset, No one ever said the 360 was going to be 100% BC (except maybe you) ...Get over it.

PS jetset, No one ever said the 360 was going to be 100% BC (except maybe you) ...Get over it.

*cough* fanboy *cough*

PS Moycon, Microsoft did.

EDIT

PPS

Dude, do you have some kind of email notification set to notify you of any unkind words about MS or the 360? Or, do you just troll for such posts? Literally every time I've posted something bad about the 360, you've been there within minutes with a "neener-neener-neeeeeeeeenerrrrrrrrrrrr" argument.

Edited by jetset

My neighbor had the "Ring of Death", got the cardboard box in two days, and had a new system in about 10. But that was a lot closer to release, not sure what they're up to these days.

I guess I've been lucky, since the PS2 debacle my video game hardware has been pretty much working. Fell asleep last night with the PS3 running and the house didn't burn down, knock on wood.

Eric

*cough* fanboy *cough*

PS Moycon, Microsoft did. Known fact.

LOL *cough cough* ??? Hu? I think you'll find that most if not all folks here know that it was never said by anyone especially after the full quoted text was posted here in these very forums. I don't understand your insistence that it ever said something else. I don't know you, but your cheap jabs at trying to insult me by calling me "fanboy" and your inability to understand what MS stated (in english language) is making me think you might be...what?? 12? 13?

I think it's safe to say I'm not a fanboy...you just hate Microsoft. It's important to point this out so someone doesn't mistake your opinion as anything other than a chance to slam MS even if you have to fabricate stories about them. :twisted:

While I was at a Gamestop a few weeks ago, I was looking at their 360 in its display kiosk. Before I got a chance to touch the controls, the screen went blank and the game stopped working. I hit the RESET button on the kiosk to restart the 360. Instead of coming back up, I saw the Red Ring of Death for the first time. I tried resetting it a few more times, but to no avail.

I don't know if anything could have been done had I had direct access, but it certainly didn't give me confidence in the quality of their systems. :(

*cough* fanboy *cough*

PS Moycon, Microsoft did. Known fact.

LOL *cough cough* ??? Hu? I think you'll find that most if not all folks here know that it was never said by anyone especially after the full quoted text was posted here in these very forums. I don't understand your insistence that it ever said something else. I don't know you, but your cheap jabs at trying to insult me by calling me "fanboy" and your inability to understand what MS stated (in english language) is making me think you might be...what?? 12? 13?

I think it's safe to say I'm not a fanboy...you just hate Microsoft. It's important to point this out so someone doesn't mistake your opinion as anything other than a chance to slam MS even if you have to fabricate stories about them. :twisted:

Um...no. I dont hate Microsoft. I have actually gotten into some debates about the Windows V. Mac argument, with me siding with Windows 110%. Where I will not be a MS fanboy is when it comes to deception with thier gaming division specificially the xbox. The whole backwards compatibility issue has been debated, debunked whatever. Wherther or not MS used the actual "100%" wording is not the issue. What they DIDNT do is say "backwards compatible on some but not all games, your mileage may vary, and oh BTW for the ones that *do* work, you have to sign on to xbox live (DSL or higher required, dial up modem connections not welcomed thank you). Thats exactly what they should have said but didnt. Plenty of people were suckered into buying a 360 based on the B/C promise. Plenty more of us werent thanks to having owned the original xbox and knowing how poorly MS treats thier customers.

I think its safe to say you are not just a fanboy but a special breed. Its important to point this out so that someone doesnt mistake your words as honesty as its obvious you'd reccomend a lump of steaming cow crap if it had the xbox logo on it.

And no I'm actually 38, although I suppose if I were 12 years old I could relate to your line of thought. 12 year old (fanboys) sit and troll for someone to come along and say something bad about thier beloved console. As I mentioned, you posted litterally minutes after I did trying to stir shit, which is all you did in previous threads on this topic.

How old did you say *you* were btw?

As I mentioned, you posted litterally minutes after I did trying to stir shit, which is all you did in previous threads on this topic.

Sorry jetset, this is also a fabrication on your part.

I had no clue what time you posted in relation to when I posted...and honestly I dont care. I just can't stand it when people make stuff up and try to pass it off as fact. You can post what you believe, you can continue to try and justify yourself, but in my opinion, you just come off looking foolish. Have at it friend.