E _ C E _ _ C E|C _ a C _ C a C|D _ b D _ _ b D|b _ g b _ _ a C
f _ _ _ a _ _ _|C _ _ _ E _ _ _|g _ _ _ b _ _ _|D _ _ _ G _ _ _
e _ _ _ g _ _ _|b _ _ _ d _ _ _|f _ _ _ a _ _ _|C _ _ _ E _ _ _
f _ _ _ a _ _ _|C _ _ _ E _ _ _|g _ _ _ b _ _ _|D _ _ _ G _ _ _
a a a a a a a a|C C C C C C C C|D D D D C _ b a|_ _ _ _ e e e e
a a a a a a a a|C C C C C C C C|D D D D C _ b a|_ _ _ _ g#g#g#g#
a a a a a a a a|C C C C C C C C|D D D D C _ b a|_ _ _ _ e e e e
a a a a a a a a|C C C C C C C C|D D D D C _ b a|_ _ _ _ g#g#g#g#

If it's public domain, I might like to figure out how to get it onto the 2600.

Can you post a link to a midi or wav file or something?

-John

Any updates on the AA holdiday-sale? When will the international orders be shipped (I ordered on 29 December)? Thanks!

Well, I was planning on shipping another large batch of orders today, but we are in the middle of a winter storm right now and the whole city is basically shut down. Tomorrow may not be any better, and it's possible I won't be able to get to the post office again until Thursday. :(

Current Austin radar (and this is coming down as snow and sleet and freezing rain right now.. ) This is expected to continue for the next 24 hours..

kxan_radar.gif

..Al

Stay in and Stay safe!!

Hope this isnt heading my way here in Cape May NJ we are already seeing temp drops was 61 when I left for work at 5:40 EST was in the 40's last I checked an hour ago at 11:30 EST winters back!

Any updates on the AA holdiday-sale? When will the international orders be shipped (I ordered on 29 December)? Thanks!

Well, I was planning on shipping another large batch of orders today, but we are in the middle of a winter storm right now and the whole city is basically shut down. Tomorrow may not be any better, and it's possible I won't be able to get to the post office again until Thursday. :(

Current Austin radar (and this is coming down as snow and sleet and freezing rain right now.. ) This is expected to continue for the next 24 hours..

post-3-1168969611_thumb.jpg

..Al

I hope that the weather gets better for you. We had ice storm after ice storm here all weekend so I know what you are going through.

Where are you moving to? Just curious as to if this will be your last winter storm for awhile.

this is what i ordered.

AStar

Atarivox Module

Lady Bug

Medeival Mayhem

Strat-O-Gems Deluxe

Toyshop Trouble

so...

i played Lady Bug first because i remember it from my early years playing it on a Coleco at a nursery. i got to the 7th stage or so, where it gets rediculously difficult.

i never got around to AStar, Medeival Mayhem, or Toyshop Trouble. i have been playing the crap out of Stratogems (along with the wonderful Satan-on-a-chip device).

the AtariVox voice combined with those eucharist-looking gems (in a much later level) made me bust out laughing...

i'm going straight to hell.

the AtariVox voice combined with those eucharist-looking gems (in a much later level) made me bust out laughing...

Eucharist-looking? Never heard that term for them. Are you talking about the level-15 ones which are a solid circle with a "+" sign in the middle? And were you laughing at my "Simply amazing" message? If so, congratulations--you must be pretty good at that game.

i set up a pair diagonally as much as possible. i've learned that side by side or above/below isn't as effective for my thought process personally, mainly because the formations are always three layers deep (unlike other puzzle games with actual rotation of a puzzle piece).

i'm at work right now (working hard on browsing these forums) so i can't pull up my score, but check back in tomorrow and i'll have it here for you.

what are your records for combos?

i'm not seeing my record saved or being replayed. there sure is an AtariVox plugged into port 2 and the devil was talking to me. i checked the manual and there apparently isn't anything special i need to do except let attract mode run. it keeps cycling through the same three demos that certainly was not played by me. those look like puzzle variations.

EDIT: i found the problem. i simply had the difficulty switch on the wrong position the whole time, in anti-save mode. damn!!

i just got a score of 2402 in the minigame version (see page 9 in the manual). didn't even get to the eucharist gems. i find that mode harder.

oooh! i just read about the swap feature. i wish i had seen that earlier!

Edited by bomberpunk

Yikes. The front page of CNN says "Deadly ice storm closes huge chunk of interstate" in Texas. Weird weather we're having this year. Last couple years actually. Hopefully you still have power, Albert?

Power just came back on after being out all day. I managed to get online before 8am briefly, then BAM, the power went out, back on, out, back on for a minute or so as I ran around unplugging expensive electronic equipment. Still won't hazard to drive around the roads probably until tomorrow. Without electricity it is difficult for me to:

- Program EPROMs, PLDs and PICs.

- Solder boards

- Use heat gun to remove labels from carts

- Print postage for packages

- Print manuals and labels

Hopefully the power stays on. I went outside earlier and took lots of pictures, will post some of them later.

..Al

Without electricity it is difficult for me to:

It's amazing how reliant we are on electrical gadgets, isn't it? When we moved out to "the country" we no longer tapped into the city water supply. Instead we have a well on our property. So when we lose electricity out here not only does it mean no Atari, no lights, and no heat...it also means don't flush the toilet! Took me awhile to get used to that concept. :D

We can wait for our games. Take your time, bundle up, and get out there and have a snowball fight while you still can. ;)

Got my packages today... all twelve (yes 12) games that I ordered. Love the new thicker folded single sheet manuals, but sadly the spines crack a bit and flake on the surface. Guess I'll have to figure out where to start playing now...!

Btw I assume Santa Simon has no manual...?

ya'll should get a kick out of this:

my mother also has an atari and when she found out i finally got all my games, she got mad and was like "Gimme my games." And I said "I thought all of them were for my X-mas".

she said "Not that Connect four game and that balloon game. I ordered those FOR ME."

I was kinda bummed but I still have Ladybug, RR, TT, and Return to Wolfenstein.

I'd buy a generator for that! ;)

And/or a battery-backup system. Depending upon budget, my inclination would probably be to battery-back the pump, and then have a portable gasoline generator that could be used for a variety of things (including, if necessary, recharging the pump batteries).

BTW, at a store I saw a portable battery-powered AC outlet. I looked at the back for the specs, and they were something like: 20W -- 1 minute; 15W -- continuous.

I think that's probably referring to how much power the inverter can handle without overheating, but nowhere on the package did it say how long the battery would last. Though if the battery could supply 15 watts continuously I must admit that'd be sorta cool.

EDIT: i found the problem. i simply had the difficulty switch on the wrong position the whole time, in anti-save mode. damn!!

Hmm... the difficulty switch wasn't supposed to be anti-save mode; a record-setting play was supposed to trigger the replay regardless of the switch position (the actual save takes place during the start of the instant replay operation, btw, which is why I would have to show the instant replay under such circumstances). On the other hand, it may be that the logic for determing whether to force an instant replay doesn't take into account the possibility that the EEPROM records had never been initialized. Now that you've saved some records, I would expect that any new records you set should trigger instant replay regardless of the switch setting (except that to be record-worthy a combo must be worth at least 100*level, or 1000 points on levels above #10).

How do you like the instant-replay feature? Pretty neat?

i have yet to see an instant replay, unless i'm just that dumb to not realize it. but to back up my IQ, nothing is being saved as the three attract mode demos are still the same original ones from when i first powered up the cart. i checked my AtariVox and it was firmly plugged in. i'll try to get as high as i did with that last game, going one level past the (+) gems, and see if something happens. if not, then my cart/Atarivox are not handshaking. i also have a SaveKey. i'll try both. that way if something is defective i'll know if it's the Stratogems cart or the AtariVox.

last game's score: 027285 with AtariVox. powerd off/on the system. no score. forced a quick death. still zeros. same three combos. i didn't see any instant replays, either. but i got a bunch of Great Plays. i think my highest combo chain in that one was five.

up next is the SaveKey...

wow, those instant replays ARE pretty sweet. 029050.

and the survey says...

AtariVox is defective. just tried it with Fall Down to confirm.

Edited by bomberpunk