IGNORED

Why did this not work?

Cassidy Nolen

Ok,

Messiahs of memory, holy ones of eprom-ness, I have a question.

I got a dead Dolphin cart some time back, and I decided "gee, I made some other carts, I bet I can make this one work again.". Simple 4 K game, right?

5 hours of monkeying around, I finally got it, but not the way I started to. I tried using the directions for a 4K 2532 cartridge, and I could not make it work. When I tried to read the image off of the original rom chip in my burner, it said the chip was not seated correctly. Of course it was, but it would not read it. Checking the pcb for the cart, I found it was the right one to be using, but still no luck burning the game onto a 2532.

So, I used the Binary from the web, (thanks to Al and all!) did the three million modifications necessary to the pcb, and got it going.

My question is this: Was this just freakish bad luck, or does the chip differ from Atari carts to Activision carts? I am specifically talking about 4K games, not earlier or later ones.

If you know why this did not work, and no its not because I am ugly, I would be interested to hear your thoughts.

Thanks,

Cassidy

you did use a inverter for CE ? reading your programmed 2532 out is a playable binary file on the emulator..?

i never programmed/used a 2532, but i thougt that this one didn't need a modification on the pcb (standart 4kb) , only a inverter (am i wrong ?)

thelen

The 2532 is the one that does not require any mods. You just bend up leg 20 and attatch to an inverter. The other leg goes to the hole on the board.

For some reason though, the file was not working on that chip. I know the binary was fine, because I could play it on the emulator, and was able to make the cart using a 2732. I just had to do the jumpers on the board.

I know that some of the Activision titles have strange board situations. Laser Blast has the pin 20, CE directly to the 5V. Strange.

Cassidy