IGNORED

Video game coupon book at Hastings

SomeGuyWithDSL

If there's one near you, Hasting's has a small game-related coupon booklet they're giving out at the registers when you buy a game, accessory or system. I got one when I bought a case for my nephew's DS yesterday.

Anyway, there is a "40% off any video game accessory" coupon. No limitations or exclusions.

That makes the $199 HD-DVD drive, classified as a "video game accessory" right on the price tag, $120 + tax. Slightly below average eBay prices, and a darn good deal for a local unit, if you're looking for one. I picked one up yesterday and, although the salesperson had to OK it with the manager, it went through without a problem.

P.S. - Someone feel free to post this over at CAG if it's not there already ... It's blocked from the office here due to the "A" in the title :ponder:

Edited by SomeGuyWithDSL

I have the Logitech Harmony Remote for Xbox 360. Its a decent remote for sure, but honestly all I've used it for is one touch gaming. Basically I press up button and the TV, Reciever and 360 all come on. One button to shut it all down also. I think I bought it used for like $69.99 off eBay (Instead of the regular retail price of $129.99. If you ever want to go out of your way to show the world what a lazy fuck you are....The Harmony remote is the way to go.

I was actually more interested in the Wireless Steering Wheel. I paid nearly eighty dollars for my last one, a Logitech behemoth that's compatible with the PS2 and PC. It's an incredible wheel, especially for the few games which use its 900 degree turning, but it's impossible to use with the Xbox 360 despite its USB connector. Curse you and your proprietary controller technology, Microsoft!

JR

I got a $160 Circuit City one using the coupon printout they talk about at avsforum.com. It's an

Xmas gift to myself. Heck, King Kong is worth $25 by itself, it's a great deal.

Asked for EBgames gift cards for gifts because I already had one, hoping to get close to the

price of a 360.

INSANE UPDATE: Even better than the deal in my initial post.

The aforementioned coupon book also contains a Buy 1 Get 1 Free Used Games coupon. I stopped by today and picked up Splinter Cell Double Agent (360, $49.99 used) and couldn't find any other 360 games I really wanted, so I picked up Psychonauts (Xbox, $9.99 used) and carried both to the counter.

THE BUY 1 GET 1 COUPON GIVES YOU THE MORE EXPENSIVE GAME FOR FREE! I paid $10 for both. Stunned, I returned later this afternoon and tried again with Fight Night Round 3 (360, $52.99 used) and Half-Life 2 (Xbox, $8.99 used) and paid $9 for the pair.

Un-frickin' believable! That's how it's entered in the computer system. Get this coupon book if you're near a Hastings! According to the store literature you have to buy a console to get it, but I received mine from the salesdroid when I bought a DS case as mentioned before.