IGNORED

Have A Merry "Saints Row" Christmas!

Mendon

That's brilliant! I didn't know Weird Al had another Christmas-themed song... the only one I remember from him was Christmas At Ground Zero.

Here's a question for all you Grand Theft Auto nuts. Saints Row has the exact same gameplay and far superior graphics, yet it received much lower ratings from reviewers. What's up with that? Is the brand name alone really worth that much to gamers?

JR

That's brilliant! I didn't know Weird Al had another Christmas-themed song... the only one I remember from him was Christmas At Ground Zero.

Here's a question for all you Grand Theft Auto nuts. Saints Row has the exact same gameplay and far superior graphics, yet it received much lower ratings from reviewers. What's up with that? Is the brand name alone really worth that much to gamers?

JR

Look who you're asking. This is the same generation that'll pay $30+ more a shirt because it has a brand name on it, and insists on wearing tons of fake jewelry, just as long as it shines.

Edited by keilbaca

The song is called "The Night Santa Went Crazy". And that game looks pretty sweet. I enjoy the GTA games, so I might need to pick that one up to tide me over until GTA IV.

And to answer the question, whenever I see a game like Saint's Row, it just irks me that it is such a blatant ripoff of the GTA games. If I want to play GTA, I'll PLAY GTA. I don't need to buy a knock-off from another company. Take the free-roaming model and so something else with it. I enjoy the freedom, variety of activities, and attention to detail of the GTA games a lot more than I like the mayhem and violence. I am surprised that everyone just copies GTA instead of applying that game model to a different genre.

Chris

My biggest dislikes with Saint's Row are that the multiplayer customization scheme requires a lot of money for most items, and you get very little money to begin with even after winning a mission, and the fact that you need respect to take on missions, and it takes forever to earn more respect.

Oh, those are fairly valid reasons. I wish reviewers would mention this stuff rather than saying "It's Grand Theft Auto, but since it's not THE Grand Theft Auto, it doesn't deserve a nine." I mean, good grief, have these people seen how GTA looks in comparison to other games? The graphics engine is horribly dated, yet Grand Theft Auto still racks up the eights and nines. It's ridiculous.

JR