IGNORED

1st post from my Wii!

-^CrossBow^-

Opera trial is up and running. Still a royal pain to type without a keyboard. Opera does guess letters as you type trying to save you time. Internet Opera browser trial is now ready for download on the Wii Shopping channel. Enjoy!

I know what you mean. I find that I pretty much just have to zoom in and start scrolling around.

I think the only way to beat this, is to use component cabling and go into 480P mode on a high res TV or monitor.

Still, you have to admit, the browser is fast as hell at rendering the pages and in case anyone asks...

FLASH IS WORKING!!! YEAH!!!!

So hit up all those Wii flash game sites and get some batteries ready for your Wii-remote.

I was shocked myself at how fast it was this morning.

Don't know how much I will use it, but it is pretty damn cool.

Do we know how it handles cookies and cache? I assume it clears out after you disconnect?

Liveinabin,

No keyboard functionality yet that I know of. I do have a usb keyboard available. But all it does is light up when I plug it in and turn the Wii on. I'm really hoping that Nintendo is able to release a firmware update to support keyboard functionality in the future. Afterall I find it hard to believe that Nintendo would put two USB 2 ports on the thing for just the USB Wi-Fi adapter and soon to be released USB ethernet cable adapter?

So far I haven't found any websites with any problems on the Wii's browser. Even the OVGE website seems to render correctly. Good to know as I now have yet another browser to check compatibility for in future web designs.

Back on my computer (as it is faster typing....grin)

I tried several sites and had no real problems at all except for two:

1) Went to the work site for the company my wife works for and it loaded okay. But when she tried to log herself into the company system (using her name and password), she couldn't as a window pop'd up and said "You must use IE 6.0 or higher". No biggie at all but it makes me wonder if there are sites out there that won't support Opera.

2) Went to www.nintendo.com and tried to view a couple of the video's on the HOME page there. Got sound okay but never got a video; only saw a spinning circle on the screen while the audio was playing. NOTE: I didn't hang around the video too long so maybe it just takes awhile for the video portion to load. Or maybe Opera doesn't support whatever video format the movies are in. Oh well.. no biggie again either.

One other thing I noticed.... even in HD with component cables I was having to zoom in alot. But since the Wii browser isn't something I would use too much, this is again no biggie at all.

Overall, I was very impressed with the browser and what the Wii can do. Reminded me alot of the Sega Saturn browser, only Opera is much faster and displays better.

Mendon

Pretty handy for checking hour-by-hour local weather, and for watcing Youtube on the TV. I really didn't see myself browsing on a TV at all, and I still probably won't use it much, but after an hour went by this morning I have to admit it's pretty comfy sitting in a recliner while browsing around.

The browser works really well. Hopefully when the full version comes out, it will keep all my Favs. Some sites have frozen my wii competely.

Google video works better than youtube IMO. The biggest dissappointment for me was that Pandora.com didn't work.

Someone needs to make a site just for site. I mean bigger typeface, and bigger buttons. Hmmm me wonders.....