IGNORED

How to get a friend addict a friend to 2600?

rheffera

I got a friend coming over for christmas eve. he has played 2600 before, missile command, defender but wasnt hooked, although he was the one who said to me " Let's play it (2600)".

Anyway, im looking for some 2 player ror perhaps even a 1 player game thatll make him hit the reset button for more.

and no, i dont have warlords.

Im thinking super breakout.

Any suggestions would be appreciated, as im trying to get him addicted.

Gunfight works one playered just fine. I personally get my arse kicked by the computer quiet often. Friggen caffine filled twtchy futhermuther :P

It would help to know what types of games your friend likes. There's some generes that there simply aren't many of on here. So it's unlikely to hook him at all if that's what he likes.

Some of my faves. Ms Pac-man, Mario Bros. Frogger, Video Pinball Asteroids, Gravitar, Jungle Hunt, Pole Position, Enduro, Pitfall II.

Find out what he likes, and base your game selection on that.

Edited by Video

he is into FPS games, (first person shooters) although its not so much the 3D as it is blasting baddies that is fun to him. has to be quick paced where you an fire alot. he isnt really a fan of the real time strategy games...too slow for him

Edited by rheffera

he is into FPS games, (first person shooters) although its not so much the 3D as it is blasting baddies that is fun to him. has to be quick paced where you an fire alot. he isnt really a fan of the real time strategy games...too slow for him

Have you considered Galaxian? It has all (o.k., most) of the fun Galaga, good graphics (in case your friend is picky like that) and is pretty fast paced (especially on the latter difficulty levels). See if you can find that in your collection and if not, at least try it on an emulator.

:ponder: :)

Take advantage of two player games while you have someone around. Space invaders had cooperative modes. Surround is a fun two player game. Even good ol' combat is good for a few chuckles.

Edited by Zoyx

Yeah, Galaxian is a great and wonderful game. It is in my all-time top 3. Phoenix is weird but easy and fun for someone that likes to shoot at stuff but won't play it a lot. River Raid is fantastic - the plane that you fly is the most natural feeling control on the 2600 IMHO. And it has 2-player mode. Sometimes I forget about that! One plane is yellow and one is black so you know which one. And Centipede.....

I've been able to get non-Atari friends to play these games and have fun.

Ok, if you want to get him addicted to the Atari 2600, associate an addicting substance with playing the Atari 2600. As soon as he is done playing the Atari 2600 give him a line of cocaine. If you are poor give him a line of speed. Also make sure you do not give him the cocaine or speed everytime he plays. It has to be what Psychologist call a vairable reinforcement. Meaning only give it to him on random occasion. Pretty soon your friend will become just like the cute little rat pressing the lever over and over just to get it's fix of cocaine. Except he will be doing that with your Atari 2600

Wizard of Wor is a fun 2 player game. Me and my friend would play, and our only objective was to kill each other.

Montezuma's Revenge might be the best 1 player game EVER for the 2600. Front Line, Kangaroo, Moon Patrol, Phoenix, Dig Dug, Vanguard, Joust, Ms Pac Man, and Jungle Hunt are all super quality arcade ports.

Jeff