IGNORED

Nintendo Wii... Nintendo Wii ...

AtariJr

By posting the shortcomings of the wii, yes, I expected a rise. It wasn't bait though, more of a counter-point to "it does everything else well". I forgot about the thin skinned. Are you giggling with glee that I obliged you?

You know damned well it is not a 'counter-point' to the discussion or even anything remotely productive. It is pure and simple trolling. It is beyond annoying. It is a Wii dedicated sub-forum, for crying out loud. What the hell do you expect would be the predominant tone here? If you don't like the Wii, stay the fuck out of the conversations or if you must contribute, do so productively. Calling people "Wiitards" is an outright insult, as you did in other threads.

There are many people that like all the consoles. Why do you have to be so petty as to promote a "Wii sucks" attitude. I don't get you at all.

I'm starting to understand why there are features on this forum to ignore and block other users. It can be interesting to hear other opinions, but not when someone is purposely just trying to be an asshat.

All I will say is this. I posted negetive about the wii, Pudd followed up jokingly. You made the incorrect pissy assumption that neither of us has wii experience, tried to belittle us, because *GASP* how could anyone who has played a wii say anything bad. I have not said the wii sucks, or anything else is better. Read what is written not what you wanna believe. You have attempted to read what you want once already and you're a dipshit for doing so.

You sir are the better man for sure :thumbsup:

I thought it was Gabriel's job to shit on Wii threads.

You seem to have judged me by others' cries of "Sony Fanboy" instead of by my history. I propose the following.

First off, someone should know when the Wii section was created. Find that information out.

Then find my posts in the Wii section since that date. Make your own judgement whether I am "shitting" on the Wii threads or not.

Then go into the other sections. Look at other posters' activity since the section division date. Decide if they are "shitting" on the other system threads.

Also, ask yourself if you use the same criteria to judge "shitting on a Wii thread" and shitting on another thread.

I thought it was Gabriel's job to shit on Wii threads.

You seem to have judged me by others' cries of "Sony Fanboy" instead of by my history. I propose the following.

First off, someone should know when the Wii section was created. Find that information out.

Then find my posts in the Wii section since that date. Make your own judgement whether I am "shitting" on the Wii threads or not.

Then go into the other sections. Look at other posters' activity since the section division date. Decide if they are "shitting" on the other system threads.

Also, ask yourself if you use the same criteria to judge "shitting on a Wii thread" and shitting on another thread.

as much as you piss me off ;) (jk) I totally agree, Gabriel has done a very nice job of not coming here and voicing anti nintendo comments. which, previous to starscream with his scarcasm lol, the whole idea of seperate forums for each console has been really nice. I could give a flying tomato about the ps3, so i dont go there and post... i never see the articles, so i never feel compelled to reply in a sarcastic way. Whoever thought of it is genious, and for the most part, has decreased the "cut throat" attitude we got before the wii and ps3 came out with fanboys and girls lunging at each other in a demonic killing fest, which honestly is why i didnt post here for a long time... got really immature and annoying around here. ((wow that was kinda fun to write :P ))

I know one thing, they should disable the word troll in this forums software...somewhere between 2004 and now about a half dozen folk forgot what the term troll ment and use it instead when they get upset because someone doesn't see exactly eye to eye with them. LOL It's hard to believe this board is populated with mostly 30+ year old men.

I know one thing, they should disable the word troll in this forums software...somewhere between 2004 and now about a half dozen folk forgot what the term troll ment and use it instead when they get upset because someone doesn't see exactly eye to eye with them. LOL It's hard to believe this board is populated with mostly 30+ year old men.

my thoughts exactly...SO back to the topic if there still is one left.

I know one thing, they should disable the word troll in this forums software...somewhere between 2004 and now about a half dozen folk forgot what the term troll ment and use it instead when they get upset because someone doesn't see exactly eye to eye with them.

Exactly. It's funny how people think that "trolling" automatically means flame wars or enticing an argument. Although that can be true, those are amateur trolling attempts and very obvious. Folks, internet "trolling" traditionally means you specifically put a comment to try and elicit responses. The best ones often are innocuous and crafted so others cant TELL it's a troll :lol:

Like.. 2 guys make a bet. They pretend to be non-english speaking foreign students and go on a board and one puts up a post about the difficulty in getting U.S. financial aid. Another makes a post asking how they can best pick up american woman and what do they look for in a man (or something like that).

See, now THOSE are true TROLLS. Just crafted b.s. posts put up to see how many people respond! :lol: Then they sit back and see how many people bite.. (e.g. some will try and be helpful and give the foreign student financial aid advice, others will post and attempt to put down the poster and reveal their resentment in foreigners getting money, etc.). Meanwhile the posters just watch in bemusement and count the hits. :P

But yeah.. the definition of trolling seems to be getting lost...

Edited by Major_Havoc

By posting the shortcomings of the wii, yes, I expected a rise. It wasn't bait though, more of a counter-point to "it does everything else well". I forgot about the thin skinned. Are you giggling with glee that I obliged you?

You know damned well it is not a 'counter-point' to the discussion or even anything remotely productive. It is pure and simple trolling. It is beyond annoying. It is a Wii dedicated sub-forum, for crying out loud. What the hell do you expect would be the predominant tone here? If you don't like the Wii, stay the fuck out of the conversations or if you must contribute, do so productively. Calling people "Wiitards" is an outright insult, as you did in other threads.

There are many people that like all the consoles. Why do you have to be so petty as to promote a "Wii sucks" attitude. I don't get you at all.

I'm starting to understand why there are features on this forum to ignore and block other users. It can be interesting to hear other opinions, but not when someone is purposely just trying to be an asshat.

Lighten up Frances. :ponder:

You are right. I can't believe I got caught up in a flame war over this. Sorry for derailing the topic.

I rose to the bait and got carried away. I just need to step away, take a deep breath, and enjoy the gaming goodness that is out there so abunduntly. That's the thing, I think all three current consoles have something to offer.

You are right. I can't believe I got caught up in a flame war over this. Sorry for derailing the topic.

I rose to the bait and got carried away. I just need to step away, take a deep breath, and enjoy the gaming goodness that is out there so abunduntly. That's the thing, I think all three current consoles have something to offer.

happens to the best of us. no problem.

I played Elebits, A much better game than some of the reviews would have you believe. I'm thinking it might be a game you either dig or can't stand. Me personally...I dug it. I like the fact to open doors you have to twist the mote to turn the door knob and then pull the mote towards you to swing the door open. Is it me or do the Elebits kinda look like Pikmin?