IGNORED

Can anyone help me with info about a light gun I found?

General Atarian

Tonight I found a light gun. The gun is grey, has the atari logo and name on it, and has "XE SYSTEM" on the barrel of the gun. It also has the standard plug on the end.

Does anyone know about this. I didn't think atari made a light gun, I thought they were all 3rd party, I guess I was wrong.

Can this gun be used on the 2600?

Did atari ever make any light gun games for the 2600? If so, what are they?

Thanks for your help.

Atari made that light gun to go with it's XE games system (do a web search for more info on the XEGS). Yes, the gun DOES work with the 2600... although the only released game that uses it (to my knowledge) is Sentinel. There's a Shooting Gallery prototype that uses it too.

--Zero

The XEGS light gun is/was a pack-in controller with the XEGS game system (1987). This is/was the last version of the 8-bit computer released. It works with a variety of 8-bit carts as well as the two 2600 carts mentioned.

Q: Why did Atari and another company produce Light gun games when there was not a light gun made available for purchase? Only those who bought the XEGS got the gun, right?

Rob Mitchell, Atlanta, GA