IGNORED

My first homebrews!

rheffera

Im sure many threads like this have been created, but i wanted to convey the sheer magical feeling of buying a NEW 2600 game. I was either very young or not-yet-born when the 2600 games were on the shelves, and so never was able to buy a new cart off the shelf, and so bought 2 AA homebrews just a few minutes ago, which have that kind of professional quality..WOW. its like a christmas day feeling although christmas is gone now.

But alas, i am poor after christmas ( i should have orderd sooner damn it)

So all i could afford was

Thrust Platnium

and the Toyshop Trouble Cart.

Pretty good choices for the money i had i think.

I wanted more though but like a 2600 collector/gamer i am i was only stopped by the lack of funds :D

Still, its a magical feeling, and i will be eagerly awaiting them in the mail.

Edited by rheffera

so has everyone's games they ordered arrived??? :ponder:

i still dont have mine yet........ive been drooling at the mailbox ever since the 19th

(whatever day they popped up to order)

Nay,

Alberto sent out notes today explaing that he is overwhelmed and behind but they will be here soon :)

I am lookin forward to playin the Pirate/Phantom game.

Fonzie is in it as an easter egg :cool:

WP

The homebrew games are all excellent. Thrust+ Platinum on the A2600 is excellent and one of my favourite games. You'll enjoy it when it arrives.

I was not too young when Atari games were sold new, but I could never afford them. The only game I ever bought new was Joust and I played it to death.

i thought that the dude that programmed Phantom said the game Fonzie wasn't in it.........i guess he was trying to surprise ya...... :cool:

Yeah,

He was trying to lay a good surprise for me :)

There is a hidden game in Phantom II where Fonzie is a wizard with the powers of Mork and he has to put a puzzle together in order to remain alive.

Fonzie has a big beard like the Ayatollah to keep evil spirits from recognizing him.

WP

I ordered about a week before the sale everyone here must have been anticipating. Unfortunately I was 7 days early and two dollars short (literally!) to qualify for the bonus cart. I wish I had gotten a time machine for xmas!

I love the games I got, though!

Hunchy II

Thrust+platinum

Skeleton+

Castle Wolfenstein

I wish i had more money as there was so much more i wanted. Ah well i again next week so ill just pay the light bill and them buy more. im thinking of buying Holiday Qb as its the last time it will be offerd, mediveal mahyem, and skeleton+ if it scrolls smoothly , and more

Edited by rheffera

I wish i had more money as there was so much more i wanted. Ah well i again next week so ill just pay the light bill and them buy more. im thinking of buying Holiday Qb as its the last time it will be offerd, mediveal mahyem, and skeleton+ if it scrolls smoothly , and more

Keep Lady Bug and Seawolf in mind.

They are two of my most played ;)

WP

When I was a kid the only game I ever was able to spend any time playing was Venture for CV. Imagine my glee when I found out Castle Wolfenstien: Next Mission was actually Venture with Nazis! I knew nothing of the title's history as a more modern game and bought it because I like werewolves and horror junk. I am absorbed by this game now as much as I was by Venture when I was a kid!

Edited by lowscore

Thrust still totally kicks ass and is a credit to the hobby.

I concur, judging from the reviews and from people's opinions such as yours i decided even though i had limited money that it was definitley worth it. I remember playing thrust on the C64, i loved it, so im sure il love this iteration.

There have been many homebrews released over the years. When I joined this board one of the few available was TJ's Thrust. Even after all the cool stuff we've seen since, Thrust still totally kicks ass and is a credit to the hobby.

I second the motion. Playing Thrust took me straight back to the days of my 800XL when I got it from Firebird for a very, very reasonable price of £1.99 on tape. I always recommend the game to any 2600 players ;)