IGNORED

HSC Season 4 Week 35: Tutankham

Ze_ro

Important Note: This weeks contest is over, and no further scores will be accepted.

Inside King Tut's tomb are treasures beyond your wildest dreams. They can be yours...if you dare to take them. Supernatural creatures roam the mazes of the tomb guarding the treasures at all costs. Your only defenses against them are your laser gun...and your wits. Blast away, snatch the loot, escape through secret passageway before it's too late! And when you see a key, take that, too. It will unlock the door to the next chanber and the next adventure. Enter King Tut's tomb and see what awaits you...if you dare.

Game Information

• Game Name: Tutankham
  • Released By: Parker Bros, 1983
  • Left Difficulty: N/A
  • Right Difficulty: N/A
  • Game Mode: Game 1
  • Chosen By: LarcenTyler & JacobZu7zu7

Post your scores right here in this thread, and I will add them to the list. Remember to play the game with the recommended game mode and difficulty settings as shown above so that your scores will be consistent with everyone elses. The deadline for posting scores is Thursday, January 4th at 1:30 AM (CST).

If you want to suggest a game for future weeks, please send me a private message and let me know! I will add your game to the list. One one game per person will be kept on the list, so you will not be able to suggest a game until your first game is played!

Anyone can play! Just post a score and I'll add you to the list! Please read the Rules & Information if you haven't already done so!

Current High Scores

1. 1986 (SpiceWare) [+11]
  2. 1983 (Captain Beard) [+10]
  3. 1834 (Deteacher) [+9]
  4. 1785 (Rom Hunter) [+8]
  5. 1594 (rheffera) [+7]
  6. 1153 (JacobZu7zu7) [+6]
  7. 688 (Cybergoth) [+5]
  8. 510 (Goochman) [+4]
  9. 363 (Zoyx) [+3]
  10. 352 (LarcenTyler) [+2]
  11. 233 (mightymage) [+1]

Best Tips

• Deteacher [+2]

Bounties and Challenges

• None yet posted

TwinGalaxies Top 3

(Game 1, Difficulty B)
  1. 3532 (Todd Rogers)
  2. 3458 (Ryan Gavigan)
  3. 3246 (Robert T Mruczek)

Current Standings

1. Coming Soon!

Scoring Points in Tutankham

• Enemies - 1-3 points
  • Treasure - 5-80 points
  • Actual point values depend on the enemy/treasure, and are different on each level. See this page in the manual for more detailed information.

Hints and Tips

As always, you really should read the manual. In case you don't have the manual, AtariAge has both a scanned version and a typed version online for your reading pleasure! Unfortunately, the manual doesn't provide any direct hints, but it's worth reading anyways.
If a monster seems to be blocking your way, instead of using a flash, simply move up or down until the monster goes off the screen. When you return, the monster is gone!

Controlling the guy just takes a little practice. Since he doesn't stop moving when you let go of the controller, you just to use the walls to stop him. Knowing where you want to go before you move is also helpful (sort of like predicting Pac Man's next move/turn.) Don't give up on it, though. Once you get the hang of it, it's really a fun game to play. :)

Hang out by the last nest on each level and pick off creatures until you're just about out of time.
As long as the fire button is pressed, your man will not change direction. This means you can move in one direction and shoot in the other. It also means you can remain stationary against a wall and keep the button pressed to shoot creatures which come up or down a passage into your line of fire.

Most importantly, shoot BEFORE the creatures appear whenever you're in a direct line with a generator (you can often shoot even before the sound which notifies you a beastie is about to be generated and still nail one!)

--Ze_ro

I'm bummed that I missed out on last week's game, so I'll have to make up for it this week. First score, 781.

Here's a tip: If a monster seems to be blocking your way, instead of using a flash, simply move up or down until the monster goes off the screen. When you return, the monster is gone!

EDIT: New score: 1,715

post-9712-1167424523_thumb.png

post-9712-1167427347_thumb.png

Edited by Deteacher

got a little better. 1,834.

Controlling the guy just takes a little practice. Since he doesn't stop moving when you let go of the controller, you just to use the walls to stop him. Knowing where you want to go before you move is also helpful (sort of like predicting Pac Man's next move/turn.) Don't give up on it, though. Once you get the hang of it, it's really a fun game to play. :)

post-9712-1167686564_thumb.png

UPDATED: 1983 - a good score and also a good year ...

My tip: As long as the fire button is pressed, your man will not change direction. This means you can move in one direction and shoot in the other. It also means you can remain stationary against a wall and keep the button pressed to shoot creatures which come up or down a passage into your line of fire.

Most importantly, shoot BEFORE the creatures appear whenever you're in a direct line with a generator (you can often shoot even before the sound which notifies you a beastie is about to be generated and still nail one!)

post-10225-1167858539_thumb.jpg

Edited by Captain Beard