IGNORED

anybody find anything today?

Atari freak 1

Even though I've sworn not to go to the Caesars Creek Flee Market off I-71 the last ten times I've been there, I went today anyway. The one classic game dealer there is quite annoying. Those of you who have been there know what I'm talking about. He has about 500 Atari common carts sitting out and overcharges for the consoles. Here is my conversation:

Dealer: What are you looking for?

Me: Atari 2600 carts.

Dealer points at crates of commons: I have a bunch here.

Me: Do you have anything more rare that you don't put out?

Dealer: Yes, but I sell them to a guy who has customers that will buy them for $300 to $400.

Me: Can you give me information to contact this person?

Dealer: No, he's not taking on any new customers. I have 150 carts in the back right now for him. I'm not sure who his customers are.

Me: Probably Ebay.

Dealer: No, I could sell them myself on Ebay but I'm loyal to this person because we've been doing business for 10 years. Besides, you can't get $300 to $400 for a game on Ebay.

Dealer Sarcastically: You can't name any games that have sold for $400 on Ebay.

Me: Well today Quadrun was pretty close.

Dealer realizing he can't snowball me: We'll good luck on your search.

Me muttering to myself in disgust while walking out: Idiot!

Despite this lame dealer, I did get a great score with an outside vendor. I spotted a box with some 2600 stuff in it. There were 17 Atari games, 1 Intellivision game, and a small 2600 console. None of the games were ones that I needed and the sticker on the box said $50.00. I started to walk away when the dealer approached me. I asked if he had any other games as I already had the ones in the box. He said no, but if you want that box you can have it for $5.00. I hesitated with a slight scowl on my face then said yes, paid, and went home happy!

Damn, I still need that game... Guess I never picked it up cause it was sooo bad.  Anyway, I'll pay for the cart and shipping if you pick it up for me.  Don't bother if the label isn't all there though. Ze_ro.  ;)

Sorry, I already decided earlier today that I would get it for myself... I also found a boxed copy of Galaxy 5000 that I'll be picking up tomorrow :)

--Zero