IGNORED

C64 1541 on a PC?

pmpddytim

I recently finished Flack's book "Commodork: Sordid Tales from a BBS Junkie" (Highly recommended) and it got my Commodore passion going again. I have a hard time finding software though.

Is there a way to hook a 1541 floppy drive to my computer so that I can write game files to a blank floppy disk? I know I could do emulation but its just not the same. So any info on if this is possible would be much appreciated.

Also if anyone (Preferably in the OKC area) has a spare, working, reasonably priced 1541 I could use another. Just drop me a PM.

-Tim

Is there a way to hook a 1541 floppy drive to my computer so that I can write game files to a blank floppy disk? I know I could do emulation but its just not the same. So any info on if this is possible would be much appreciated.

Sure, you need a computer that can boot to DOS (or equivalent) and has a true parallel port, a copy of Star Commander, and an XE1541 cable. And some .D64 disk images (or individual .prg files), and of course a 1541 drive :)

You can make your own XE1541 or order one from Joe Forsters X1541 shop or Nicholas Coplin's 64HDD site. Attached is the latest version of Star Commander that I have.

sc08315b.zip

Edited by remowilliams

• 3 weeks later...