IGNORED

Dad-gummed Marshmallow man!

StanJr

I love Ghostbusters, but I cannot get under that blasted Gozer the Gozerian's favorite avatar! Does anybody have any advice or techinques to make running under the monster any easier? I recall doing it as a kid and thinking I had just done the most difficult thing in the world, now I remember why! :x :mad: :x

:???:

I'm pretty sure it's "dad-gummed" properly, with "daggummed" the "dammit" equivalent of "damn it". C.f. "daggummit". My proposed etymology is that it's a "judas priest" (from "Jesus Christ") version of "God damn it" (i.e. less blasphemous, but used as an invective the way the more blasphemous phrases are).

goddammit -> (intentional switch) dadgommit -> (vowel change) dadgummit -> (made from invective to adjective) dadgummed -> (consonant softened) daggummed

Compare this to "doggone" too...

I'm pretty sure it's "dad-gummed" properly, with "daggummed" the "dammit" equivalent of "damn it".  C.f. "daggummit".  My proposed etymology is that it's a "judas priest" (from "Jesus Christ") version of "God damn it" (i.e. less blasphemous, but used as an invective the way the more blasphemous phrases are).

goddammit -> (intentional switch) dadgommit -> (vowel change) dadgummit -> (made from invective to adjective) dadgummed -> (consonant softened) daggummed

Compare this to "doggone" too...

**Makes sweeping hand motion from the front towards the back of his head** "Whoosh!"

Dad-gum and carn sarn it! You gummy-fingered weasel whippers and yer durn blasted gibbledee gee! I'll be hog tied and horn swoggled before-un a frickin' chicken-lick of you joystick jigglin' jooger jacks reckons a marshmallow man from dazzle frasted can of spam. When are you panty-wearin' jeebly joys gonna leave yer mamsy pamsy mommy squawk in the kinniegarden and learns yerself to swear like a man!

Ben

Well Cat my Dog. You dad-gummed yunginns ain't got that mershmellow man figgered out yet?

Try this: move the first Ghostbuster along the bottom, till he's opposite the centre of the door. Then move upwards till you are right in front of the Marshmallow Man when he lands. When he takes off, walt until his feet are above your head, then push up on the joystick

• 4 weeks later...

I DID IT! I got past that puffed son of a monkey! Both men! Like I was some kind of pro. And unlike MANY atari games, once I did, I got a celebration screen. My two Ghostbusters stood outside the building screen and crossed their streams! Its so cool!

I would love to tell you how I did it, but it has recently come to my attention that video game strategies are more valuable than gold, so I'll be taking this one to my grave!!!!!!! :roll: :roll: :roll: Sorry kiddies.

I DID IT! I got past that puffed son of a monkey! Both men! Like I was some kind of pro. And unlike MANY atari games, once I did, I got a celebration screen. My two Ghostbusters stood outside the building screen and crossed their streams! Its so cool!

Congrats... your patience has paid off.. I would have had that bastard back on the shelf LOOONG AGO!

I would love to tell you how I did it, but it has recently come to my attention that video game strategies are more valuable than gold, so I'll be taking this one to my grave!!!!!!! :roll: :roll: :roll: Sorry kiddies.

There is only one term for people like you... "stuffy dope". ;)