IGNORED

Some more post your setups

tjlazer

C'mon y'all post some pics! Makin me feel bad!! LOL

@dinosaur, yes I got the US Doubler. You got one?

Good show! and a good price!

As soon as I get my parts order off to Best Electronics,I am going to do about four of them.

I have a lot of double density drives....Indus GTs (my favorite),a couple of Happys,a couple of Percoms,and an ATR8000 driving two DS/DD 360k drives,but I don't have a US Doubler (yet :) )

I really don't care for the XF551s. I have four of them and two are down right now.They seem to be too fragile. :(

I think that I will stay with 180k flippies for all my real disk usage. (single density sux!)

When I finally get the KMK/JZ hard drive to boot, I want to end up like this:

D1: Hard drive partition #1

D2: Indus GT

D3: Hard drive partition #2

D4: Hard drive partition #3

D5: Hard drive partition #4

D6: Hard drive partition #5

D7: SIO2PC/APE

D8: RAM drive

I think that this will make a nice setup. :)

Edited by dinosaur

Where's your Stacy?

Ok here is my Stacy. This is not the same one I bought from you FastRobPlus, It is a 1MB with a bright screen! I will take a pic of the screen when I have time....

post-3709-1168052708_thumb.jpg

Edited by tjlazer

Where's your Stacy?

Ok here is my Stacy. This is not the same one I bought from you FastRobPlus, It is a 1MB with a bright screen! I will take a pic of the screen when I have time....

I knew that. That's why I didn't ask for a pic of my Stacy. :)

My only regret is selling that universal PSU with it. I like it better than the stock Stacy supply.

Oddly, I came across and bought another Stacy2 with working HDD, FDD, etc. and snapped it up cheap. Still has a very dim screen. I may just send this one into B&C for a new screen. Stacys with good screens in the wild are very rare indeed.

Where's your Stacy?

My only regret is selling that universal PSU with it. I like it better than the stock Stacy supply.

Oddly, I came across and bought another Stacy2 with working HDD, FDD, etc. and snapped it up cheap. Still has a very dim screen. I may just send this one into B&C for a new screen. Stacys with good screens in the wild are very rare indeed.

I got this one for $50!! Sold the other one for $230. :)

Where's your Stacy?

I got this one for $50!! Sold the other one for $230. :)

There were bunches of Stacys (Stacies?) avialable mid-late last year on ebay and other venues, now they seems to have totally dried up again.

Edited by FastRobPlus

Cool! Is it running good? What size HD? I need to get my Mega STE going with the internal HD.

It's running nicely.

Ummm that's the weird thing the bottom of the STE case says it's a 40mb.

But I only have 2 partitons at 10mb each. strange...

I called Brad at Best tonight.. He wasn't in but I left a message. I really wanna get a bigger hard drive for it.

I might get the megaste special he's running for hard drives for it:

We have 100% Atari TT / MegaSTE formatted all of these New 324 MB SCSI 1 Hard drives and installed Atari ST Hard Drive boot software. All 66,5154 sectors on each Hard Drive formatted out with 0 Errors. We have Partitioned these New SCSI 1 Hard Drives with 3 partitions (we can set up any amount of Partitions you request).

When you receive them, they are Lock and Load Ready! to use inside your Atari TT or Atari MegaSTE Computer.

Each New 324 MB SCSI Hard Drive is Anti Static bagged, in the original Factory OEM box with a 90 day 120 Day Warranty!!

CB103115 SCSI 1, 324 MB Hard Drive $75

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sounds like a fair price to me

-Rick

I thought I would start out the new year with some more nice Atari ST visuals! Post some of your eye catching setups!

I just noticed something, your megaste doesn't have a light for the hard drive!

-Rick

Yes my Mega STE 1 came without a HD or controller. I had to buy the kit from best which comes with a controller, new plastic HD cover with LED, and a disk. Still have to install a 500MB HD I have laying here!