mr_me had the most liked content!

4 Followers

Profile Information

Recent Profile Visitors

14,220 profile views

mr_me's Achievements

Quadrunner

Quadrunner (9/9)

1. The PC version does, the console versions don't. What adapter do you have, does it convert mouse axis to analog axis?
  2. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CKpR-Q1Hn2k You can hear what Alcorn had to say about Breakout in his talk from 2002, linked above (13 minutes in). If Activision licensed their Atari 2600 games to Atgames than I don't see why they wouldn't with others. Atari SA may not be interested in paying royalties.
  3. If you're paying more than the cost of the drive, you're paying too much. While your computer should be abe to boot from an external drive, an internal drive might be preferable.
  4. Suggest more testing. Test without the cote adapter. Then test the right controller in the left controller port. The problem doesn’t seem to be on the main board. It seems to be the controller.
  5. I see 16v unregulated in the service manual. With the mainboard disconnected I'd expected a little higher.
  6. This thread is about Openemu and certain roms, feel free to create new threads as needed. With MAME, like any Intellivision emulator, you'll need a copy of the exec rom and graphics rom files. They come included with typical MAME rom sets. Once you run the MAME Intellivision emulator and get a black screen, press the tab key, and use the menu to load a rom file. MAME doesn’t recognise .cfg files but it doesn't need them for the original games. Rom files with .int, .itv, .bin are all the same so that makes no difference. Homebrews like the ones mentioned earlier can also be converted to .rom to run in MAME.
  7. If you convert the bin+cfg files in those downloads to intellicart .rom format, they should run in Openemu. The bin2rom utility comes with jzintv found at http://spatula-city.org/~im14u2c/intv/ .
  8. Locknchase was a very obscure arcade machine and itself a ripoff of a popular arcade game. Either way people would see the Intellivision cartridge as a Pac-man ripoff. However, I do agree had Mattel Electronics gotten the Space Invaders license rather than Atari in 1980, for example, it would have made a big difference. Still, in 1981 Mattel Electronics took a large chunk of Atari's share of the console market despite having no arcade licenses and costing nearly double. In its best year in 1982 it still sold more cosoles than Coleco's best year in 1983 also while priced significantly higher.
  9. Looks like INTV System III with the 1987revA board revision.
  10. The flashback box only credits Coleco Holdings for the Coleco and Colecovision trademarks, no copyrights. Atgames does credit the copyrights for the respective homebrew owners. Atgames would have had to license the Imagic, Epyx, Interphase, Sierra, and various other titles from different copyright owners.
  11. It's got to be tough for a small company to extract IP from a huge company like that and aren't motivated to do anything with that that IP. The old Williams games would be nice for Atari SA. And I don’t think Coleco Holdings owned any Colecovision copyrights.
  12. You think that's the setup at APh? Maybe WJI knows. In Auto Racing each car is made up of multiple sprites. In this image it looks like the sprites for one of the cars are out of sync.
  13. Each software program code written is a separate copyright IP as a literary work. Mattel Electronics would have owned those copyrights for the program code they wrote. The audio-visuals are a separate copyright, and Mattel Electronics used those along with the name trademark under license from Dataeast. So G-mode wouldn't be able to release Intellivision Burgertime or Atari 2600 Burgertime or IBM PC Burgertime without the permission of Atari SA, and Atari SA wouldn't be able to release those games without the permission of Gmode. However, those copyrights are still IP that can be bought and sold.
  14. The sound chip would have to have some sort of audio amplifier, notice how both the intellivoice and ecs computer adapter have volume control knobs. The ram should be straightforward but if the sound chip is an AY-3-891x variant it might need extra circuitry to fit into the memory map. And although they're the same sound chip the registers might be numbered differently. An electronics hardware guy can advise if it's doable.
  15. Yes, there are pins on the cartridge port that are used specifically by the Intellivoice. You'd think your issue with this Intellivision has something to do with those pins.