IGNORED

I received a letter from Rob Fulop!

Michael_

Remember the one-of-a-kind Atari 2600 (modified by Imagic and used primarily for developing their games on) that was auctioned off on eBay just before christmas?

Well, it´s probably no secret that I bought it, and since the money went to charity I´m as happy as a clam here.

Anyway. The console arrived a week ago, and packaged neatly beside the console was this amazing bonus; a handwritten letter from Rob Fulop.

How excellent is this?

I´m in total gloat mode here, I know, but bear with me. :)

Edited by Michael_

Freakin'awesome.Congrats on the system and the letter.Gets some pics up if you can am sure everyone of us would like to see it.

I´m trying to think of a way of posting pics of esp. the letter without having to worry about misuse later on.

Any advice?

Will somebody be able to duplicate it and use it for less than honorable deeds?

I´m trying to think of a way of posting pics of esp. the letter without having to worry about misuse later on.

Any advice?

Take a picture of it rather than a scan would be a good start. You could also watermark the pic with COPY or something.

Any advice?

Take a picture of it rather than a scan would be a good start. You could also watermark the pic with COPY or something.

...and keep the file size as small as possible. Save as a small GIF (just barely large enough to read it) and it will not be possible to blow up to full high-res size without looking blocky.

If you have the resources, you could then bring it into Word and save it as a locked PDF. This will add a level of security (people will have to hack the security to save the image) plus the PDF inherently does not keep good picture information.

'Course there is no way to prevent some graphic artist from creating a duplicate once they see the original, but perhaps that's driving too far down Paranoid Road...

~G

Now get yourself to a Llamasoft meetup so you can bring it along Palmer ;)

You know, I´m actually planning on going to Oxford for the May 11-13 meet. :) Might bring this sucker, but it definitely depends on how I travel (I´m not leaving it out of sight or checking it into the cargo hold of some airplane).

now....if i had anything any of the activision programmers even sat on....i would be happy as a fart myself :D

no telling what would happen if i had some of their actual programming stuff....especially gary kitchens stuff he used to create Pressure Cooker and Keystone Kapers

Garry also made the incredibly cool 8-bit tool called Garry Kitchen`s Gamemaker. You designed your own sprites, backgrounds and sounds, and actually had to code your own game, using his helpful editor window. Hell, I still tinker around with it in the emulator. I actually made some funny games with it. I wish I knew his e-mail address so I could send him the files!

http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Server/2990/c64.htm