IGNORED

Rare DS Games & DS Collectors

So, what do you guys/gals think are the rarest DS games right now?

Or, of the games that many would not consider rare, are there any that you think will be a future rarity?

IT"S BACK! ;)

It's getting towards the middle of 2008 so what are the more rare games now for the DS? I still say Electroplankton and that Monopoly/Boggle/Yahtzee/Battleship 4-in-1 game. Also, Tenchu is pretty hard-to-find...I recently sold my extra on ebay and it was the only US one on at the time.

Or, of the games that many would not consider rare, are there any that you think will be a future rarity?

IT"S BACK! ;)

It's getting towards the middle of 2008 so what are the more rare games now for the DS? I still say Electroplankton and that Monopoly/Boggle/Yahtzee/Battleship 4-in-1 game. Also, Tenchu is pretty hard-to-find...I recently sold my extra on ebay and it was the only US one on at the time.

The Monopoly/etc/etc game is in bargain bins here.. has been since Xmas... do you need it?

IT"S BACK! ;)

The Monopoly/etc/etc game is in bargain bins here.. has been since Xmas... do you need it?

Hell Yeah! Really? How much are they?

That game went out of print fairly quickly. I see you live in Canada and I'm sure it's the same version that we had here in the US but do you think it is? I've heard that the Australian version of the game is more common but I don't know.

I can't believe that this game has been in a bargain been since XMAS....how many do they have?

questions, questions, questions :D

IT"S BACK! ;)

That game went out of print fairly quickly. I see you live in Canada and I'm sure it's the same version that we had here in the US but do you think it is? I've heard that the Australian version of the game is more common but I don't know.

I can't believe that this game has been in a bargain been since XMAS....how many do they have?

It is bundled with another game (I don't remember which) and started off at $29.99 for the pair and if I am not mistaken they are $18.98 now.. This was at Walmart. I am pretty sure the US and CAN games are the same.

IT"S BACK! ;)

It is bundled with another game (I don't remember which) and started off at $29.99 for the pair and if I am not mistaken they are $18.98 now.. This was at Walmart. I am pretty sure the US and CAN games are the same.

Wow, next time you're there, pick it up if it's under $20 for two games and the Monopoly 4-in-1 is definately one of them. If not for me, for yourself....the Monopoly goes quite well on ebay and depending on the game it comes with, you would be looking at doubling or maybe triple your investment.

Check ebay....you may want to head out today and pick them all up!

• 5 weeks later...
I now have 100 DS games. Just picked up SpongeBob's Atlantis SquarePantis and Teenage Zombies for $20 each at K-Mart earlier today. Just in case anyone cares.

I care and congrats! 100 DS games, that's impressive! :D

I've been wanting to pick up Teenage Zombies but haven't yet. Looks neat!

Edited by SpendTooMuchOnAtari

IT"S BACK! ;)

Wow, next time you're there, pick it up if it's under $20 for two games and the Monopoly 4-in-1 is definately one of them. If not for me, for yourself....the Monopoly goes quite well on ebay and depending on the game it comes with, you would be looking at doubling or maybe triple your investment.

Check ebay....you may want to head out today and pick them all up!

Well, I lost this one - I remembered to go look at these finally (!) and it turns out that it was Battleship and Clue 4n1's... not Monopoly...

:dunce:

club house games is quite hard to find

Odd you should mention that - I just found one yesterday and bought it for my nephew...

I have been keeping an eye out for it for about 6 months..

I recently found one at a swap meet for $15 and sold it for $40....only because I already had it.

club house games is quite hard to find

Odd you should mention that - I just found one yesterday and bought it for my nephew...

I have been keeping an eye out for it for about 6 months..

I recently found one at a swap meet for $15 and sold it for $40....only because I already had it.

I bought mine at Blockbuster for $9.99 (new) and then loaned it to my nephew - he said he really liked it so I said: OKAY - I WILL GET YOU YOUR OWN COPY. I didn't realize it would take me 6 months and $40.00 to find another new copy... :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Clubhouse Games is hard to find? When it was first on sale, I walked right into Wal-Mart and bought a copy.

As for game-store exclusives, I have a factory-sealed copy of Chibi-Robo: Park Patrol (Wal-Mart.) That's not to say that I do all my DS shopping at Wal-Mart, though. I do buy stuff at Best Buy and GameStop. But now that I have 100 DS titles, I'm back in the 2600/Lynx collecting groove.

Edited by atari2600land

• 2 months later...

Agetec is kind of a 3rd-string publisher. They get a few hits here and there, but a lot of average to clanker games. They publish a lot of PS2 stuff. Cookie and Cream is a port(?) of the PS2 game The Adventures of Cookie and Cream. It's a neat cooperative style game. Retro Gamer(UK) did a review for it so it may be available on their website and elsewhere.

I picked up recently, Guilty Gear: Dust Strikers and Transfromers: Decepticons for $10 each. I always liked the style of the GG series even though I'm a standing target for the computer. It's kind of like my love for Mega Man, I suck -- badly. Yet I just cannot get enough of the story and mythos of the series.

Hex.

[ How did I manage to get sick over the weekend!?! ]

• 2 months later...

Well, it's been a few months. I managed to actually find a copy of Betty Boop: Double Shift but I didn't buy it because I didn't like her cartoons. Should I go back and buy it? (It wouldn't be Friday because I hate the crowds.) Is there anything else I should keep an eye out for? I've tried to find the multi-game pack with Monopoly, but have had 0 success.

Just a heads up to you crazy DS collectors, this was recently released. It's an English version of game that was released in Japan a few years back. All indications are that it was released exclusively in Canada. The graphics are redone so that all the anime girls in the game are wearing Team Canada clothing.

post-134-1228362031_thumb.jpg

--Zero