IGNORED

Wow, I didn't know Coleco had made one of those!

Pixelboy

Coleco intended to do a portable Donkey Kong Jr. in the same kind of mini-arcade machine shells as most of their previous conversions (Pac-Man, Frogger, Donkey Kong, Galaxian, et al.), but for some reason they opted to instead release Nintendo's portable version of Donkey Kong Jr. under the Coleco label.

Whoops

Looks like I screwed up. Sorry man, I thought you were talking about a mini DK. My mistake :)

It's okay. :) Looking more closely at the prototype's game screen, it seems like a sticker that was applied over the screen area, to simulate a game being played. So while the prototype for the casing may exist, the actual electronics under the hood may not.

I'd love to be wrong though, because from the looks of it, I'd say the screen design encompases both the jungle level (level 1) and the level with the key chains from the arcade game. If there is no playable prototype, I would enjoy examining the design documents of the game, at least. If such documents were made available, I know a certain MADrigal who would jump at the chance to make a simulator... ;)

Didn't someone make one of these coleco tabletops into a Mame machine? If a Portable Atari could be made that way... that would be cool as well...

I know MADrigal made a simulator for the Donkey Kong tabletop (I should know, I'm the one who supplied him with the real thing so he could study it!). The Pac-Man tabletop simulator also exists somewhere out there. I tried it some years ago, and it was pretty faithful to the original.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah Eric-- it's been an envy of mine for a while now. :) It was a DK I think with a Cassiopeia palm in it made for a mini-mame contest. I think the contest may have been on these very forums if memory serves-- and it probably doesn't as it's way too early for me to be up today. :)

Didn't someone make one of these coleco tabletops into a Mame machine? If a Portable Atari could be made that way... that would be cool as well...

I know MADrigal made a simulator for the Donkey Kong tabletop (I should know, I'm the one who supplied him with the real thing so he could study it!). The Pac-Man tabletop simulator also exists somewhere out there. I tried it some years ago, and it was pretty faithful to the original.

Try http://www.handheld.remakes.org/results.php?gamename=

Wow.

So someone actually bid on a piece of paper instead of simply using his own printer to make a copy of the image.

Too naive or too honest?

You decide. :D

Too much of a collector, actually. Most of those promotional flyers were destroyed after their intended use, so they're quite rare today. Rarity = collector interest.

Wow.

So someone actually bid on a piece of paper instead of simply using his own printer to make a copy of the image.

Too naive or too honest?

You decide. :D

Too much of a collector, actually. Most of those promotional flyers were destroyed after their intended use, so they're quite rare today. Rarity = collector interest.

Too honest, I hear ya.

Me, I would have used my computer to make a copy of the image, put that in a folder, and then made copies of it to my heart's content.

Then again, I don't care for flyers, so what am I doing here in this thread? :ponder: :P :D