IGNORED

When will the WII be generally available at stores?

kevin242

I just filled out my tax return and already the money is burning a whole in my future selfs pockets LOL I am

wondering if the WII will finally be in ready supplies at it's regular price and configuration at stores by the

end of Feb (when I should get my refund)?

The only place I see it avail now is at Walmart for like 700 bucks because you are forced into buying a package deal with a bunch of games. I want to buy the base system and pick and choose excactly what

I want one game at a time like a normal human being. $700 dollars is way too much for me to hand over all at once for a console. Especially for a console that is supposed to be reasonably priced at 250!

Thanks for any advice you can give me too about getting a WII, anything I should know?

Kev

Edited by kevin242

I called Sams yesterday and they said they had 3. I went out the door and headed down there without pause. When I got there I picked up the last one. That is was in a matter of 15 - 20 minutes. It was a bundle but it is the only bundle I have ever liked. The only thing they added was Zelda which just saved me from having to find it. It is a great game btw.

Thanks for any advice you can give me too about getting a WII, anything I should know?

The best advice I can give you, and probably the best advice anyone can give you, if you do not wish to buy a bundle online is to wait until you see a Wii on a shelf for retail price....and then pick it up...and purchase it.

Otherwise there are Wii trackers online.

Here's how I got mine:

http://www.ps3seeker.com/wii/

Good luck.

Sooner or later they will be everywhere.

I thought Nintendo said there would be 4 million available in the US before the end of 2006, so they should be hiiting the shelves any second now.

I've been searching on a regular basis lately and all the Best Buys and Gamestops tell me they have been getting them in once or twice a week but it's only a couple consoles at a time so I always "just miss it"

Some of the stores (Target, Walmart, etc) still have a tendency to "hide" the systems in the back room for a week or so when an upcoming Sunday newspaper advertising supplement is due to appear.

A Walmart near me had a lineup camping outside about 7pm last Saturday night because Wii's were advertised as being "available after mid-night" in an advertising supplement.

Mendon

The best advice I can give you, and probably the best advice anyone can give you, if you do not wish to buy a bundle online is to wait until you see a Wii on a shelf for retail price....and then pick it up...and purchase it.

Otherwise there are Wii trackers online.

Here's how I got mine:

http://www.ps3seeker.com/wii/

Good luck.

Sooner or later they will be everywhere.

I thought Nintendo said there would be 4 million available in the US before the end of 2006, so they should be hiiting the shelves any second now.

that is a great link, unfortunately every single place it lists near me says "unavailable" with no prediction to when it will be avail. Hopefully that will change in one month.

Thanks

Kev

that is a great link, unfortunately every single place it lists near me says "unavailable" with no prediction to when it will be avail. Hopefully that will change in one month.

Thanks

Kev

Yeah unfortunately you pretty much have to camp out on the site. It refreshes itself like every so many minutes.

An example. I saw some Wii bundles pop up on eToys, when I went they had 4 different types of bundles available. I went to get what I thought was the best one for me, put it in the cart and went to checkout, by the time I got to checking out, it went unavailable. I back up and snagged the next bundle that appealed to me and luckily it went through. I hit my friend up on AIM and told him to snag one, and by the time he got on all bundles were gone. :( Of course that was about a month ago, Not sure if the demand is as high now. You should maybe make that page your homepage for awhile.

One think to consider. If you don't like the bundled stuff, you can generally take it to a store and as long as it is unopened they will give you store credit (Wal-Mart did for me anyways) Then just use the credit to get the games you want instead of the crap they throw at you. I wound up taking back Rampage, Cars and Madden. I got like $136 credit on a card. Then turned around and got Elebits, Super Swing for Wii and Lord OT Rings for the 360.

Edited by moycon