IGNORED

Link has a poor taste in friends...

Jess Ragan

Nintendo has said themselves that the DS Zelda Link is the same Link as in Wind Waker.

The GBA Four Swords Link has Zelda and Link as childhood friends. The GC Four Swords takes place about a hundred years after the GBA Four Sowds (From Nintendo Power volume 211). Minish Cap takes place long before the two Four Swords games, and deals with the origins of the Four Sword and Vaati.

I don't think there is an official timeline for the Zelda series, but it's generally accepted that they're not the same Links. The Link to the Past and Link's Awakening character is the same, OoT and Majora's Mask are the same Link, LoZ and Zelda II are the same Link, the Oracle Links are the same, and the Wind Waker and Phantom Hourglass Links are the same Link.

I checked out some fansites to see which Link was which. The ordering isn't always what you expect.

Of course, the whole need to connect the 3 stories is a bit artificial... I mean, even though some of the games make a plot point about the connection to "another generation", really, it's a bunch of games that follow the same formalist style and have repeated design and gameplay themes.

Has anyone here done a head to head comparison of Wii and GC Twilight Princess?