IGNORED

Battlezone cabinet

lowscore

Check the joysticks as the centering grommets were not available aftermarket. That may have changed now but they were not a few years back.

I was selling them in 2002-2003 for 5-700 depending on condition. You are most likely in a fair market range for that piece. Cabinets have a tendency to be beat up on those and they get waterlogged because of the type of wood. Look for damage to the plastic surround as they are not easy to find and check for a good 'playing game', ie, the boards are working 100%. Sometimes you get weird glitches so play a little while.

HTH, go for it if its in nice shape. Most of those monitors are completely serviceable. Not seen one yet beyond repair.

Cassidy

$400 is an excellent price for a nice Battlezone in my opinion. Depending on how long it's been for sale you might even be able to score it cheaper. Some people just want to get rid of them and will take any reasonable offer, worth a try at least. I got a High Impact Football for $60 once. The thing with Battlezone is it might be kind of a slow sale since you can't really convert it into anything that easily. That limits his sales to somone who only wants a Battlezone but since it was a popular game theres a few people out there looking....My advice, if it's nice offer him $300 :) The worst he can do is say no.

My Old Lady has decided to murder me if I buy this :mad: (she wants a jukebox instead) so if any one is interested, look at Grand Rapids, Michigan Craigslist, if you are near there. Oh and if you buy it, you should invite me over to play it too. ;-)

Well that is within driving distance :ponder: If only I had the space :sad:

Shipping to California would kill me. But it's tempting... ;)
There's one on eBay ending in 3 minutes, right near you in Glendora, currently at $250 with no bids. Needs a little bit of cleanup but it is working. Side panels and plastic front look excellent.

BATTLEZONE - ATARI - ARCADE COIN OP VIDEO GAME

Edited by A.J. Franzman

Shipping to California would kill me. But it's tempting... ;)
There's one on eBay ending in 3 minutes, right near you in Glendora, currently at $250 with no bids. Needs a little bit of cleanup but it is working. Side panels and plastic front look excellent.

BATTLEZONE - ATARI - ARCADE COIN OP VIDEO GAME

The one I have is in much better shape than that one and I’m looking to unload it at some point I already rebuilt the monitor. I still need to fix a bad RAM chip and rebuild the power supply and audio regulator board mostly just a lot of recapping. Cant tweak the little bit that needs to be done on the monitor until I get that RAM replaced can't get into test mode.

The one I have is in much better shape than that one and I’m looking to unload it at some point I already rebuilt the monitor. I still need to fix a bad RAM chip and rebuild the power supply and audio regulator board mostly just a lot of recapping. Cant tweak the little bit that needs to be done on the monitor until I get that RAM replaced can't get into test mode.

Well, if you're in the L.A. area, then PM me when you get closer to being ready to unload it. I can't promise I'll be able to buy it, but I'd sure like to be notified so I might at least have the opportunity. :)

Well, if you're in the L.A. area, then PM me when you get closer to being ready to unload it. I can't promise I'll be able to buy it, but I'd sure like to be notified so I might at least have the opportunity. :)

Unfortunately I'm no where near L.A. in fact I'm on the other side of the country in PA I would defiantly sell it to you but shipping might be a bit prohibitive. That’s your choice though any one can have my games if they give me the right price for them trust me I'm not greedy just want to get my money back for the work I put into the game. (Not that easy to do in this hobby) :D

Yeah, shipping would be a killer. It'd probably be cheaper to fly there, buy a van, and drive it back myself. ;)

Still though... when you do decide to unload it, let me know. I can dream...

Will do still going to be a little while until I can get the rest of the caps replaced but it sounds like I have some time. :D