IGNORED

Original Atari 2600 Pepsi Invaders on Ebay

Cokewins

I assume the "over-kill" on your part is due to a lack of bids. Heres a few suggestions to sell it better :)

- Take a pic of the front, with out CPUWIZ giving it the go ahead people who can not identify an original themselves will not bid, if it's real you have nothing to worry about.

- Due a reserve auction instead of starting it at $1500. Just recently a few of them have went for that price, doesn't mean it's worth that. People just get caught up in bidding sometimes. Start it at 99 cents and put a $1500 reserve on it. Just my opinion :)

Later man and Good luck :)

- Due a reserve auction instead of starting it at $1500. Just recently a few of them have went for that price, doesn't mean it's worth that. People just get caught up in bidding sometimes. Start it at 99 cents and put a $1500 reserve on it. Just my opinion icon_smile.gif

Reserve auctions piss me off! :x If you've got a minimum price you're willing to accept, then have the balls to list it as the starting bid. If I see "reserve not met", I just just ignore the auction.

Edited by crunchysuperman

I assume the "over-kill" on your part is due to a lack of bids. Heres a few suggestions to sell it better :)

- Take a pic of the front, with out CPUWIZ giving it the go ahead people who can not identify an original themselves will not bid, if it's real you have nothing to worry about.

- Due a reserve auction instead of starting it at $1500. Just recently a few of them have went for that price, doesn't mean it's worth that. People just get caught up in bidding sometimes. Start it at 99 cents and put a $1500 reserve on it. Just my opinion :)

Reserve auction's can be dangerous as well though. I would not have gotten my Atlantis II with docs had the seller not put up such a high reserve at first.

- Due a reserve auction instead of starting it at $1500. Just recently a few of them have went for that price, doesn't mean it's worth that. People just get caught up in bidding sometimes. Start it at 99 cents and put a $1500 reserve on it. Just my opinion icon_smile.gif

Reserve auctions piss me off! :x If you've got a minimum price you're willing to accept, then have the balls to list it as the starting bid. If I see "reserve not met", I just just ignore the auction.

Thanks for the comments -- I had to really do some convincing for him to sell it. My wife's uncle practically bleeds Coke, he orders water at a restaurant that serves Pepsi (but that is a whole different story). This is what it will take to sell it - no reserve (I also tend to pass on reserve auctions). I'll get the pics up -

As for the pimping comment, maybe I over-marketed the auction a bit (hey I'm in sales for a living). However I do appreciate passion for something, whether it's Star Wars, Atari, wine, beer, Zippo's, Coke, religion, fishing, flying, Fisher-price toys- whatever is your thing. I'm excited to sell this item - and just be a part of it. Maybe this all sounds like a sales pitch - but it's the truth. The cartridge has been in a basement for years -

Thanks again for your comments

It's always a shame to see someone try to get a large financial gain off of someone else's love for something. Main reason why we sell is because of an actual need not just because sales of rare items are exciting. It's a great collectors piece for the history alone but if somoene wins hopefully they will appreciate it and pass it on in their family. Why not, people do it with jewelry? :)

I know what you mean but with an item like this where the price can be so unpredictable I think its a good idea. It gives a person an idea of what it's worth at least. I don't know why this cart is worth so much lately, they never used to sell for this much so I think it was kind of a fluke. I thought maybe a reserve would give a reality check on what it's really worth but then again maybe it really is worth over $1500, not to me though :) I think over $1500 is ridicolous for Pepsi Invaders.

I know what you mean but with an item like this where the price can be so unpredictable I think its a good idea. It gives a person an idea of what it's worth at least. I don't know why this cart is worth so much lately, they never used to sell for this much so I think it was kind of a fluke. I thought maybe a reserve would give a reality check on what it's really worth but then again maybe it really is worth over $1500, not to me though :) I think over $1500 is ridicolous for Pepsi Invaders.

I believe that a loose one is worth around $750.00, $1500+, only with box!

Of course that is just my opinion, I think a lot of new collectors have some pretty strange ideas about cart prices, if you ask me. :ponder:

Of course that is just my opinion, I think a lot of new collectors have some pretty strange ideas about cart prices, if you ask me. :ponder:

Wait a minute. Didn't you pay $2,000 for a boxed Video Life. If I am not mistaken aren't there less Pepsi Invader boxes known to exist than Video life boxes :ponder: Also I have only counted 12 Pepsi Invaders in peoples hands at the moment(this number will probably go up by 4 or 5 in the years to come). And there are over 1,000 collectors that actively collect for Atari 2600. See the problem you are having is what you are thinking what 50 percent of the people are willing to pay. Now that would mean something if there were 500 carts known in collectors hands. There aren't there are only 12 at this moment, 16 if you count the proto's. What you need to think about is what will the top 2 percent of collectors be willing to shell out to get this game. They are the ones that are putting the price tag on this one. Also if you think $1,500 is too much for an item like this in this hobby, maybe you should check out other hobbies. Last time I checked there were over 1,100 Amazing Spiderman #1 comic books that were graded by the CGC alone. This is not counting the non graded and the ones graded by PGX. Then ask yourself what an Amazing Spiderman Comic book goes for? That's right it goes for about $3,000 to $4,000. Beside Pogs and Lotto Scrathers do you actual know of a highly desired item like this that is so limited in supply would go for ONLY $1,500. You won't find it in hobbies like Baseball cards, Comics, Records, Pens, Coins, Paper Money, and abudance of other ones as well. I am just grateful that a shmoe like myself has been able to pick up some very rare items that almost no one else has. Whoever wins this will have the knowledge that they have a unique and historic item that 99.99999 percent of the people entire earth does not have. So for me I am happy it is still ONLY at $1,500.

Edited by homerwannabee

My issue with this type of cart is that it can so easily be replicated. Granted if you have a trained eye like CPUWIZ you can find out if it is real or not, but without proper paperwork, and the fact these have no labels, I would not pay $1500 for this if a slightly altered board that looked exactly the same was available for pennie on the dollar.

Wait a minute. Didn't you pay $2,000 for a boxed Video Life. If I am not mistaken aren't there less Pepsi Invader boxes known to exist than Video life boxes :ponder: Also I have only counted 12 Pepsi Invaders in peoples hands at the moment(this number will probably go up by 4 or 5 in the years to come). And there are over 1,000 collectors that actively collect for Atari 2600. See the problem you are having is what you are thinking what 50 percent of the people are willing to pay. Now that would mean something if there were 500 carts known in collectors hands. There aren't there are only 12 at this moment, 16 if you count the proto's. What you need to think about is what will the top 2 percent of collectors be willing to shell out to get this game. They are the ones that are putting the price tag on this one. Also if you think $1,500 is too much for an item like this in this hobby, maybe you should check out other hobbies. Last time I checked there were over 1,100 Amazing Spiderman #1 comic books that were graded by the CGC alone. This is not counting the non graded and the ones graded by PGX. Then ask yourself what an Amazing Spiderman Comic book goes for? That's right it goes for about $3,000 to $4,000. Beside Pogs and Lotto Scrathers do you actual know of a highly desired item like this that is so limited in supply would go for ONLY $1,500. You won't find it in hobbies like Baseball cards, Comics, Records, Pens, Coins, Paper Money, and abudance of other ones as well. I am just grateful that a shmoe like myself has been able to pick up some very rare items that almost no one else has. Whoever wins this will have the knowledge that they have a unique and historic item that 99.99999 percent of the people entire earth does not have. So for me I am happy it is still ONLY at $1,500.

No, I paid more than that, but it's new in box, not a loose promo cart without a label.

20 Video Life's vs. 125 Mask ROM Pepsi Invaders

No, I paid more than that, but it's new in box, not a loose promo cart without a label.

20 Video Life's vs. 125 Mask ROM Pepsi Invaders

This is true but I am talking about how many are known to be boxed.

5 boxed Video Life's Versus 2 maybe 3 boxed Pepsi invaders. You also got to think about the size of the company making this game.

Commavid small company making a small amount of games. Also you might think about the fact that Pepsi Ivaders is a crossover collectible Item. Meaning that not only are people who collect Atari items are interested in this. There are probably some coca cola collectors as well that would be into something like this. Video Life does not have the crossover effect that this item has.

So in summary

Less boxed Pepsi Invaders than boxed Video Lifes

Atari more populor than Commavid

Also one more thing CPUWIZ, whatever you paid for your Video Life, you got a heck of a deal. In regards to the extremly rare items right now I believe it is all underpriced. Even the people who are getting ripped off and overpaying for an item are getting a heck of a deal. Tell you what talk to me 10 years from now. I would love to see if people are still complaining about how Pepsi Invaders is going for an outragouse $2,200.(I have to account for inflation ;) )

Edited by homerwannabee

All I know is this, you guys all start crying about a few hundred Ikari Warrios being found, and suddenly call a rarity 9 a rarity 5. Which makes Pepsi Invaders about a rarity 7. :lol:

As for me personally I have stated on this site that Ikari warriors and Motorodeo should both be a rarity 8. So Pepsi Invaders would still be 10 in my book. ;)

Wait a minute. Didn't you pay $2,000 for a boxed Video Life. If I am not mistaken aren't there less Pepsi Invader boxes known to exist than Video life boxes

Video Life is a unique game thats also needed to complete a CommaVid collection. Pepsi Invaders is just a hack :P

Pics are up. Have a look.

Thanks again-

i bet the numbers indicate which cart it is, like his "05" being the 5th one actually made, and the one CPUWIZ showed was the 65th. I don't know, but that was just the first tjing that came to mind when iseen the two numbers that were both under 125.