IGNORED

Storage of Jaguar Carts

Atari Smeghead

• 2 weeks later...

I think the Videomatic is the best way to go, if you can still find them. Nice black painted wood boxes with black plastic trays. I have three of these units - one that holds 24 carts and two that hold 12 carts each.

Mine are all full. :D

Most of the Jag carts sit just fine and are easily removed. Only a couple that are a little thicker in the front are snug, but they go in and out OK too.

I think the Videomatic is the best way to go, if you can still find them. Nice black painted wood boxes with black plastic trays. I have three of these units - one that holds 24 carts and two that hold 12 carts each.

Mine are all full. :D

Most of the Jag carts sit just fine and are easily removed. Only a couple that are a little thicker in the front are snug, but they go in and out OK too.

I use a wooden crate sent me by Randy Femrite (cheers btw) - it's custom made to fit 12 carts nice and snugly and has the Jaguar logo burned on the front :) Nice work :)

Stone

I wonder if Randy realizes that if he were to make a few of those and sell them, he'd not only make a few buckies, but make a few Jag owners happy! :D

Does it have a lid? My "mailing label box" storage unit has a hunk of cardboard adorned with a Jag bumper sticker to cover from dust. (Also, my cat seems to like the smell of the carts...don't ask - she's an odd one.)

JCART-J   CASE FOR RENTAL CARTS - (GAME BOX)                     1.29http://www.goatari.com

I also bought a bunch of these from Peter at GOATARI about a year and a half ago. I use them for the carts I don't have boxes for (5 at present) and they are great, you just know not a spec of dust will find its way into them.

I keep the rest in their original boxes but am uneasy about the wear and tear on them, (when I rec'd BS Gold, I didn't know whether to open it or build a shrine to it (I opened it)). The cassette holder ideas sound interesting, I will look into that...

As always,

Markimus of K.

JCART-J   CASE FOR RENTAL CARTS - (GAME BOX)                     1.29http://www.goatari.com

I also bought a bunch of these from Peter at GOATARI about a year and a half ago. I use them for the carts I don't have boxes for (5 at present) and they are great, you just know not a spec of dust will find its way into them.

I keep the rest in their original boxes but am uneasy about the wear and tear on them, (when I rec'd BS Gold, I didn't know whether to open it or build a shrine to it (I opened it)). The cassette holder ideas sound interesting, I will look into that...

As always,

Markimus of K.

• 12 years later...

Does anyone know of a 'simple' way to individually cover the bottom edge of Jaguar carts-like the SNES covers? The bottom 13/16" of Jaguar carts have the molded horizontal running lines that are not visible (mostly) when plugged into a Jag and with the odd shape of the cart it's difficult to find anything pre-made that provides a snug fit.

post-2188-0-58353900-1412434013_thumb.jpg

Not necessarily looking for the same clear or "ice" plastic the SNES used, just something to cover/protect them without looking too ghetto. The only thing I've seen so far is the clear plastic packaging for certain fishing lures which fits the dimensions of a Jag cart very closely. But at $6 each, I thought I'd ask before buying a ton of them only to find out the fit isn't snug enough or the material is too thin.

I've been working on an inexpensive way to display the loose carts with the labels visible, as it seemed to be the main problem with the old posts above. So far, I have the issue resolved except for the dust part.

Any ideas appreciated :)

Ref:

The overall cart dimensions I pulled are 4-1/16" Wide x 3/4" Deep (thick) x 3-1/2" High.

EDIT: Just sent an email to the Ebay resource, too :cool:

Edited by Saturn

I basically keep everything in a way that preserves the packaging and manuals, but still allows me to play the games whenever I want. The boxes are all collapsed. Carefully opened and laid flat, same with the white inside boxes, I unfold them and lay them flat. I then took them all, pressed them together, and put them in a plastic bag which I wrapped. I did the same for the manuals and such. The cartridges then all sit in a huge piece of Tupper-Wear. I can "leaf" through them and pull out the one I want. They're in a cabinet, so they never get dust on them.

I've been working on an inexpensive way to display the loose carts with the labels visible, as it seemed to be the main problem with the old posts above. So far, I have the issue resolved except for the dust part.

Just curious how you are managing to do that (if I read correctly, you are storing the carts in such a way that the graphic labels on the face of the cart are fully visible).

I dislike the thick plastic dust covers because I store my games in a drawer (plain text labels on top, they're not really for show, the boxes on the shelves are for that). The thicker dust covers cause all sorts of problems like extra space consumption and they can lean into each other if they're not tightly packed.

I kind of like the NES style ones though, maybe you could make some similar ones yourself if you are really motivated and have the time!

Yes, I'm making the faces visible. I had mine stored similarly to the tupperware style but noticed after a time that cart corners were damaging the labels so I tried again to come up w/ safer way. Here are some pics of what I have so far:

post-2188-0-25218700-1412467002_thumb.jpg

Holds 12 loose carts

Securely held in place, holding it upside down:

post-2188-0-62167500-1412467058_thumb.jpg

None of them move or even swing away. Using the bead cord wrapped around the cart in the tiny notch just under the protruding top 'handle'. It's barely visible. They're on a 16" x 16" peg board from the hardware dept. at Walmart. $7 :) It can be mounted on a wall and I want them on display. The initial idea was good but then the dust cover problem came up.

I have them secured by stretch bead string, $2

post-2188-0-09157100-1412467206_thumb.jpg

The back of the peg board is messy but using the clips I'm able to manipulate the tightness of the bead cord. Have to tie knots in certain places but the clips help extraordinarily. $8 for this huge container of different sized clips. I didn't know I'd only need the smallest ones so anyone who wants to try this could probably get them cheaper.

post-2188-0-71314700-1412467404_thumb.jpgpost-2188-0-60226500-1412467424_thumb.jpg

Here's the back:

post-2188-0-92202000-1412467466_thumb.jpgpost-2188-0-34388500-1412467478_thumb.jpgpost-2188-0-84429500-1412467487_thumb.jpg

Here are some wip dust covers I've come up with myself:

post-2188-0-41998200-1412467814_thumb.jpgpost-2188-0-01896300-1412467827_thumb.jpg

Working on a template for the cutout. Will post it when complete if anyone's interested.

Edited by Saturn

Holy crap that looks awesome :-o

For years I had no ideas that were enticing enough to warrant any effort or follow up. Now, the problem is almost solved. I made 10 of the covers last night. Will hopefully finish the last few today then, adios decades old nagging problem :)

thats a pretty inventive solution toward storing your carts. I only keep about 15 carts in my drawer (the most interesting betas and the games I play the most), I suppose if I wanted to store all my carts that'd eat up too much space and I'd have to move toward some other alternative (my TV stand drawers are split between Jaguar / A'Can / XEGS / SNES / 32X / NES / N64 / 7800 !).

I think that arrangement is pretty cool, if you have the wallspace, substitute a poster for a bunch of cartridges! Putting it inside a closet door is also pretty convenient if it hanging it on the wall doesn't really fit in. Seeing that closet arrangement (image isn't close enough that I can see how the carts are held in), makes me think of creating little ledges with deep recesses for the bottom for the carts, which would hold them in place and solve the dust cover problem. I've never been too concerned about dust tho.

• Like 1