IGNORED

What is your favorite "Tomb Raider" game?

Rhindle The Red

What is your favorite "Tomb Raider" game?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite "Tomb Raider" game?

• Tomb Raider (PSX, Saturn, PC)
    • Tomb Raider II (PSX, PC)
    • Tomb Raider III (PSX, PC)
    • Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation (PSX, DC, PC)
    • Tomb Raider: Chronicles (PSX, DC, PC)
    • Tomb Raider (GBC)
    • Tomb Raider: Curse of the Sword (GBC)
    • Tomb Raider: The Prophecy (GBA)
    • Tomb Raider: The Angel of Darkness (PS2, PC)
    • Tomb Raider: Legend (PS2, Xbox, Xbox 360, PSP, GCN, PC)
    • Tomb Raider: Legend (GBA)
    • Tomb Raider: Legend (DS)
    • I can't choose just one
    • I never played any of them
    • I don't like any of them

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Legend seemed pretty good, but I only rented it and played a few times. I loved the original -- I played it on Saturn, then a year later played TRII on PSX, then played TR1 all over again on PSX before trying TR3 and ... well, let's not discuss the others.

Tomb Raider was a fantastic game. I even liked the "tank" controls of Lara -- this control scheme allowed accuracy that an analog stick doesn't. I had never seen a game of such graphics, ideas and scope when it first hit. Right after Jurassic Park's popularity, there I was gunning down raptors and a Rex! For these reasons I'm very excited about Tomb Raider Anniversary, the upcoming remake of Tomb Raider using the Legends engine.

Couldn't pick just one. To this date still one of the best series for puzzle solving adventures. The first two were so visually stunning. I was (and still am) amazed at the giant 3D environment that was created. Some memorable moments for me would be the high dive. You find Lara at what seems to be 50 stories high on a room. The only way to exit is to jump and dive off the end into one square foot of water in the tiled floor. Good times.

i only own the saturn version and thats only because i got it in a big auction of 38 games, i havent even seen this game played live by anyone

this is gonna be a close race between never played , i dont like them, and the saturn/psx version

Edited by Lemmi

• 5 weeks later...

How does the Saturn version compare to the PSX version?

PSX version looks better overall (or is it the PS2 running it?), but there is a certain something about the Saturn version which seems smoother at times, to me. Back in the day, I could barely tell a difference. But now, I think I can spot the slightly lower amount of colors and less lighting of the Saturn version.

• 4 weeks later...

My best friend and I played the first 4 Tomb Raider games together as a team and he would sketch out a map of each level as we play and we beat the first 4 and we video taped the first 3 and if we miss something or we seem to be lost we could play back the tape and figure out where we went wrong.

Sometimes I watch them just to see if I can remember what happens or what we did next and it gets me to thinking too.

• 2 weeks later...

Toss up between 2 and Legends....I went with 2. There was a real sense of exploration in that game, I loved it. I wish they would give it an update and re-release it like they are doing with the first one.