IGNORED

Brand New Video Life Anyone?

RIVER

:lust: :lust: :lust: . Definetly an awesome game. Should be interesting to see if someone bites on the buy it now.

From what I heard, Don.. asked for the BIN.

:P

:rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: I was about to type something else until I got the joke.

Edited by homerwannabee

im the one selling it- i dont have many posts here under this handle, but cpuwiz would vouch for me i think... so- if anyone has any questions RE it- feel free to shoot me a message

willie

Thats a nice item :) whats the story behind it? did u buy it back in the day? did u get it not knowing the value?

also i estimate it may take a little while to sell because it def is worth the price but to find the right buyer may take a few tries. Good luck nonetheless with the sale and your new music business

im the one selling it- i dont have many posts here under this handle, but cpuwiz would vouch for me i think... so- if anyone has any questions RE it- feel free to shoot me a message

willie

Thats a nice item :) whats the story behind it? did u buy it back in the day? did u get it not knowing the value?

also i estimate it may take a little while to sell because it def is worth the price but to find the right buyer may take a few tries. Good luck nonetheless with the sale and your new music business

unfortunetely i did not get it back in the day.. i bought it a few years ago. this will be the only public auction of it- if it does not sell i will just hold it and sell privately in the future.

i sold a loose video life a few years ago here in these very forums to finance this new one. i think that loose one took two days to sell for 2000 plus shipping... and that had a pretty rough label.

i bought it as a long term investment- i used to play the loose copy and i actually dug the game.

thanks for the kind words regarding my new music business- it is definetely my new found life focus

willie

Wow, that is one hell of an auction. Way out of my league, but if someone is willing to pay $1,500 for a loose Pepsi Invaders then why not $5000 for a mint, original boxed Video Life? There are very few people that have that kind of reserves (I can only think of one). Who knows. Man only 20 made, eh? This is a rare opportunity.

willie

10-4

This is the real deal, I've been quietly asking a few collectors if they may be interested in this very VL.

For those of you who don't know Willie, he probably has the biggest Colecovision collection out there. ;)

That is very cool. Now if I sell 5 heavy sixers on Ebay each with a BIN of $1000 I'll be set....lol

If you put this game with a heavy sixer it would get no money, but a boxed 6er with 10 boxed games would get 1K, and yes i will be ragging on this for about a year :)

For those of you who don't know Willie, he probably has the biggest Colecovision collection out there. ;)

Really? I love Colecovision, but never found a Colecovision site like AA. I've always just collected for the 2600 as I found alot of info here. I would love to see a great Colecovision collection let alone the biggest.

Really? I love Colecovision, but never found a Colecovision site like AA. I've always just collected for the 2600 as I found alot of info here. I would love to see a great Colecovision collection let alone the biggest.

i dont have any pics, but that is the one collection i will NOT be parting with for the label.

i was looking at teh collection today and was kind of amazed at it myself... i forgot a lot of the cool stuff..

i have a lot of protos and every released game (US) complete except for sir lancelot / robin hood double ender.

i didnt even remember having Cabbage Patch Kids Workout CES proto... that was a fun re-discovery today

willie

Were there really only 20 ever made? I know the description listed right here on AtariAge of the game states that it is believed fewer than 500 were made.

Well, I know 20 is indeed fewer than 500 but that is a big gap. Anyone have any idea of which is more accurate. By the way, this is an amazing auction and I am certainly not trying to question your statement to discourage your auction. I am only curious about the big difference in estimates regarding how many were made available.

Good luck, I hope it sells for you and goes to a good home.

Were there really only 20 ever made? I know the description listed right here on AtariAge of the game states that it is believed fewer than 500 were made.

Well, I know 20 is indeed fewer than 500 but that is a big gap. Anyone have any idea of which is more accurate. By the way, this is an amazing auction and I am certainly not trying to question your statement to discourage your auction. I am only curious about the big difference in estimates regarding how many were made available.

Good luck, I hope it sells for you and goes to a good home.

I will let others answer this, because my word would be questioned since I am the seller.

willie

This information came from the original owners of CommaVid, who sold everything they had stashed away to Sean K. and John H., IIRC they also signed over the rights to CommaVid to them.

willie

I was in the running for that loose one a few years back, and passed cause I got a shot at a NWC gold. This complete one is very sexy though. If I remeber correctly, this was NOS from the commavid sale which makes it as mint as they come.

One question though, is the label on right on this one? I thought one of these had an upside down label.

GL with the sale, as I just dropped a ton on cash on SNES stuff, otherwise I'd be thinking about this.

I am sure that this auction is legit but I have a(n) question/observation, use the following link to answer the following question:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?a...st&id=19571

does this auction look more like the box on the left or the one on the right based on the above link????

Edited by Wonder007

I am sure that this auction is legit but I have a(n) question/observation, use the following link to answer the following question:

does this auction look more like the box on the left or the one on the right based on the above link????

i can tell you for sure that the top border is not black on my box.

mine looks like the one on the right

willie

willie

No, it doesn't, go look at it again. The one on the left is purple, I made the one on the right, and I threw off the colors on purpose. ;)

eric- the cardboard on this box feels heavier stock than any reissue i have felt-

what is the story between those two examples in the picture?

willie

willie

No, it doesn't, go look at it again. The one on the left is purple, I made the one on the right, and I threw off the colors on purpose. ;)

you're right- i was looking at the border surrounding the words "video life" it looks black on the left example on my monitor- but when i look below at the Atari Video Computer System line- there is no doubt.

you silly kids and your trickery

heh

i would be willing to do high res scans for anyone that is in doubt though-

i will guarantee this items authenticity 100%.

willie

CPUWIZ, which border are you talking about????

The box on the right (in Cassidy's picture) is fake.

@homerwannabee: Before you get your panties in a bunch again, Cassidy is a very trustworthy friend of mine. ;) :P