IGNORED

Brand New Video Life Anyone?

RIVER

Uh Oh! Bidders 4 and 6 have been outbid! I wonder who bidder 5 is!

I don't think it's Wonder007 because he already has one ;) By the way the total is now up to $3201. I am starting to get a feeling this auction may not last six more days and that someone may hit the buy it now.

Bid history on bidder 5 doesn't look like Wonder007. I wonder what the reserve is. I figured it was $3K, but it looks like I was wrong.

Edited by DeusExMachina

i didnt even remember having Cabbage Patch Kids Workout CES proto... that was a fun re-discovery today

Huh. Funny that I knew you were in possession of that, yet you forgot.

Here I thought I was the only one who (mentally) misplaced significant items in that way.

Uh Oh! Bidders 4 and 6 have been outbid! I wonder who bidder 5 is!

I don't think it's Wonder007 because he already has one ;) By the way the total is now up to $3201. I am starting to get a feeling this auction may not last six more days and that someone may hit the buy it now.

Bid history on bidder 5 doesn't look like Wonder007. I wonder what the reserve is. I figured it was $3K, but it looks like I was wrong.

Just one more thing. Bidder 5 is not me. I personally have not bid on this auction. This game is too rich for my blood at the moment.

Bidder 5......I don't mind having two Video Life's........

just kidding, it is not me and I will not be bidding. Good luck to whoever wins!! :) This item could be the cornerstone to any Atari 2600 collection.

Edited by Wonder007

This item could be the cornerstone to any Atari 2600 collection.

And probably the last chance to get one, for a long long time. I turned down an offer for $5500.00, for mine, last year. ;)

Someones going to hit the BIN for sure now :)

I am sure that would make Willie very happy. :D

I am surprised it hasn't BIN'ed yet!!!!!

CPUWIZ is right, this might be the last chance to acquire a complete Video Life for a very long time....that is until they find a bunch of them in South America....LOL!!!! ;) Just kidding. Whoever is serious in collecting, you need to get this one!!!!!

I am surprised it hasn't BIN'ed yet!!!!!

CPUWIZ is right, this might be the last chance to acquire a complete Video Life for a very long time....that is until they find a bunch of them in South America....LOL!!!! ;) Just kidding. Whoever is serious in collecting, you need to get this one!!!!!

I agree with you to a certain extent. Say some rich guy comes into this hobby a year from now and puts a $10,000 bounty on this game. I have a feeling he would be able to acquire this item for that price. Maybe not from you but maybe from someone else. Almost any item has a sell price.

True Homerwannabee, I have been able to get some ultra rare games by offering more than the market value. However, after this chance, if you want a Video Life you will have to offer a lot more than Willie's $5,000 BIN...this is why that if you want to get a CIB Video Life for a cheaper price than $5,000.01, then the time to get it is now.

Edited by Wonder007

True Homerwannabee, I have been able to get some ultra rare games by offering more than the market value. However, after this chance, if you want a Video Life you will have to offer a lot more than Willie's $5,000 BIN...this is why that if you want to get a CIB Video Life for a cheaper price than $5,000.01, the the time to get it is now.

That is something I definetly can agree with you on. If I had the money I would of definetly bought it. And there is a real possibility I will never be abel to afford this game boxed. Well atleast I have a Atlantis II with a box sticker and a Atantis II with documents that are sort of on the cool side as well. ;)

Edited by homerwannabee

True Homerwannabee, I have been able to get some ultra rare games by offering more than the market value. However, after this chance, if you want a Video Life you will have to offer a lot more than Willie's $5,000 BIN...this is why that if you want to get a CIB Video Life for a cheaper price than $5,000.01, the the time to get it is now.

That is something I definetly can agree with you on. If I had the money I would of definetly bought it. And there is a real possibility I will never be abel to afford this game boxed. Well atleast I have a Atlantis II with a box sticker and a Atantis II with documents that are sort of on the cool side as well. ;)

You should sell one of your Atlantis 2 carts to help get you another rare cart you need. Really no need for 2 of them in your collection if you ask me, you could help someone else become closer to a complete collection and also a nice chunk of change to buy yourself another treasured rarity. Hope you don't take my comment the wrong way or anything because it isn't meant to be rude I just personally never understood owning more than 1 of a rare game :) Especially Atlantis 2 since there are so few of them found.

You should sell one of your Atlantis 2 carts to help get you another rare cart you need. Really no need for 2 of them in your collection if you ask me, you could help someone else become closer to a complete collection and also a nice chunk of change to buy yourself another treasured rarity. Hope you don't take my comment the wrong way or anything because it isn't meant to be rude I just personally never understood owning more than 1 of a rare game :) Especially Atlantis 2 since there are so few of them found.

You mean i should sell my other 3 Mangia CIB NTSC versions?

Oops sorry i was dreaming! :)

Sometimes you want to hang on to your rare doubles for trade bait though. You never know when you'll find something you want from a fellow collector, but they don't want cash.

Hmm, this is a hard one. I actually have had the chance to sell one for a very decent price and turned it down. And although it is super tempting to sell one of them I don't do it for a few reasons.

1.) I value this cart more than any other Atari 2600 cart. Not only is it rare it is also the first competition cart(or atleast the oldest competition cart known to exist)

2.) Both carts are different. One has a box sticker and could be upgraded to a boxed game since the only difference between a regular Atlantis box and the Atlantis II box is the sticker. The other one is loose but has the documents. So if I sell the one with the box sticker I don't technicqley have a boxed Atlantis II anymore. If I sell the one with the documents I lose the historical value that came with the cart. So in a weird way they are the same yet different in their own unique way.

3.) This cart has changed hands atleast 2 times in the past 5 months. Wonder007 may have gotten a more complete version of this cart and so that would make it changing hands 3 times in the past 5 months. You are probably able to get more than what you want for it if you wait awhile after it has changed hands. Not only that, too many rares have been sold recently. This boxed Video Life, 2 pepsi invaders and atleast 2 Atlantis II's

4.) I am the only person(I think) that has 2 Atlantis II carts. So in a weird way that makes my collection special. If I sell it or trade it for another rare game there is nothing special about my collection anymore.

5.) Bloated Monkey kept his 2 Atlantis II carts for over 5 years before he even sold one of his. I have only had my II carts for only 4 months, so there is presedent in what I am doing.

6.) I really believe this cart will sell for over $1 million dollars in the future. Yes I stated this correctly. I am not insane enough to think that it will go for something like that now, but I do believe 15 to 20 years from now that it will sell for something to close to this amount. If I am wrong, I am a complete idiot and you all can laugh at me. If I am right then I can sell it and get a whole bunch of games I don't have and retire at the same time.

In my opinion a cart needs more than just rarity going for it. It needs actually 3 main things to go for it. 1.Primarily a cart needs to be rare and that is important and Atlantis II is rare. 2. A cart should be fun to play and if you master Atlantis, than Atlantis II would probably be a pretty cool and challenging game to play, alot of carts here fail in this category an example would games like Eli's Ladder and Karate. 3. The cart should have historical value and this is something this cart has plenty of being that it is the first competition cart and that the game Atlantis actually had a documentry made of it.

Also, one more thing needs to be noted. I did not intentionally go after 2 Atlantis II carts I was only going after 1. The Atlantis II cart with the docs fell into my lap when it was offered to me for $2,000 as a second chance offer. If I were to somehow find another Atlantis II at a yard sale or something, I would imediatley sell one of them or trade one of them. If another goes up for auction I will not go after it, 2 is more than enough for me. So I hope this answers some questions in regards to my line of thinking for this cart. :) Tell me with your current hindsight, if 30 years ago you had 2 Action Comics number #1's would you have sold it to get something like Green Latern or the first Batman appearence :ponder: It's a tuff call when you think about it.

Edited by homerwannabee

I wonder if being close to tax time hurts or helps this sale? Assuming there is a market that is identifiable for this sort of item, would this be a good time for a listing? I am kind of amazed the BIN has not been used. If you are of the means to afford 3500 on a game, how far is it to say you could do 5K? Just a thought.

Would this be the only new-in-box one left? I am guessing all the others CGE had have been opened/tested etc. Marco's and mine have been opened, etc. CPU? I suppose it doesn't matter because his won't ever be available:)

C

I wonder if being close to tax time hurts or helps this sale? Assuming there is a market that is identifiable for this sort of item, would this be a good time for a listing? I am kind of amazed the BIN has not been used. If you are of the means to afford 3500 on a game, how far is it to say you could do 5K? Just a thought.

Would this be the only new-in-box one left? I am guessing all the others CGE had have been opened/tested etc. Marco's and mine have been opened, etc. CPU? I suppose it doesn't matter because his won't ever be available:)

C

Willie opened his. ;)