IGNORED

FA: Venture II (#11 of 20)

Andrew Davie

Hey Andrew!

Sad to see you auctioning this off, but sometimes "you gotta do what you gotta do."

You'll want to clarify in your eBay ad that this is the Treasure Chest Edition sold only collector-to-collector at Classic Gaming Expo 2001. The reason you'll want to specify is that I've been liquidating the Venture IIs that didn't sell from the recent Ohio convention (CCAG) on eBay too. People may assume that it's one of the CCAG editions and not the much-sought-after Treasure Chest Edition. Just want to make sure you get the fair asking price rather than the much, much, much lower price the CCAG editions are going for. Good luck.

Sniderman

Auction ends in a few hours.  Still dirt-cheap, at the current price :)

And I saw this message just in time to get to the auction 30 seconds before it ended. In that time it jumped up another $40 to end at $213.50. Mayhem_UK is the winning bidder. I think that auction turned out pretty well for you, Andrew! :)

..Al

I have a question (maybe it should be a poll??):

Are selfpublished limited homebrew games collectors items?

This game went for a lot of money, you could buy a tooth protector for that money.

- Sandy.

ps.

To Sniderman, please dont take it the wrong way, I think your game looks like a million bucks

I say yes, they are collector items.

But I don't want to buy them for such a high price. Better buy them, when they are new. Then you must not pay so much.

I will not know, for how much QB Special Edition will sold later. Or other games they are limited.

I don't have Venture II, but that only a hack of Venture, so its not so importent for me. Or is this complete new? :?

Why pay so much for a hack? Only for the package? :?

Other homebrews are better, they are no hacks from older games like:

QB Special Edition (ok a hack from QB, but I don't own it and one QB is better then nothing),

Thrust + (same thing here, a hack from the new game Thrust which I don't own),

and some new Prototypes which never release like Bugs Bunny and Snow White.

These are more importent for me then hacks from old games. :D :)

//dodges the wrath of Marco!!! :D

It's going to Europe at least. Well it was for a good cause too... and something very nice to look at and play I am hoping :)

Will no doubt try to pick up a few more at CGE this year...

since i'm a collector and i do collect them i will agree with matthias that they are collectors items. (and wanted by collectors) and that you try to get them as they come out! so you don't spend $$$ later on.. but not all of them limited ed. games will fetch $$$!

some people think homebrew games are not worth anything! original or not.. i disagree, but that is my opinion!!

sure it's just a hack but i think it's the packaging that makes venture II stand out! is venture II the First homebrew that had "special" packaging??

i like the idea that programmers/hacker are being CREATIVE and different!

and about why they are comming out with limited ed. games with only 20-50 carts! it costs a lot to make Large Numbers of these games! most are spending every cent they have just to make a few!

just my 1 cent

Take care,

Rick

I have started to collect them my self, right now I have just a few but will soon be adding more. I think hombrew games are great and they do have value in collections. For now I am waiting for my copies of QB & Thrust Plus, but for now I have Venture II, MST2600, Gunfight, Waring worms, Polo and a few others and I will continue to buy them as they come out like Mental Kombat, Adventure II & Airworld.

:) :) 8)

*Sigh* I've said it before. I'll say it again. Venture II was never, NEVER designed to be a "collector's item." It ended up that way, but it was never, NEVER my intent.

I've blathered on about this way too much in the past. How do I feel about it? Go here:

http://www.tomheroes.com/Video%20Games%20F...trotimes_49.htm

Tim, Sorry!! i did not say you made it to BE a collectors items!! just stating that V2 was one of the first homebrews that had "special" packaging!!

and any other game that comes out with special packaging (most special eds. not all!!) and that is limited #! most collectors (not all) will want them!

Take Care,

Rick