IGNORED

Pac Man arcade machine, yes or no

AtariJr

Im thinking about picking up an original arcade cabinet of Pac man. its a little rough around the edges but its still pretty nice. only thing is the tv inside is a little dark.. but still.

i really just wanted a couple arcade cabinets to put in my new place when i graduate, thought it would be nice to have a couple cabinets.

this one is going for 550.. didnt know if that was a good price or not. thanks for the help.

Well the price is a little high considering that you will probably have to do some work to the monitor in the near future. I would talk them down to 400 at the most. And make sure you can install a cap kit on a Wells Gardner 4600 monitor, or have someone that can do it for you.

Or you might get lucky and just have to turn the brightness up a little bit. You never know...

Pac is cool but not a great party game. If it is just for you then sure but if you plan on having guests over then you could do better. The average Pac man game can take quite a while and people can lose interest that aren't playing, escpecially once you get good. If you and your friends lose interest then it just sits there. I say go with a VS game for the house or if you do go with a classic pick a harder one where the average game won't take over 30 minutes :) Just some advice from a former Pac owner :)

thanks for the advice both of you. and yea, i was getting the feeling that was a BIT high, but then again, you know arcade machines.. they can get pretty pricey.

id like some of the classic machines , nothing new like san fran rush or anything (although daytona us would be really freakin cool haha). so if you guys have any ideas for vs classic atari games shoot a line. also, if you know any places that are good to find that sort of thing, id appreciate it. all i really have now is craigslist, and well.. its a bit low on selection to say the least. thanks.

Pac Man was probably produced in higher numbers than any other arcade machine. I wouldn't spend a lot on one with potential problems.

Yeah, I agree the parts for Pac are common but can run up the restoring costs quickly. Because everyone wants one and bids on them and drives up the parts cost. I'm still kicking myself in the ass for not getting one in my area that was gutted for $100 even thought that’s high for nothing but a cabinet. I haven't found one even near that cheap anywhere near me ever since then. I really want a Pac and a Ms Pac but I can wait as long as it takes I just pounce on whatever I can if its what I want and the price is right under $100 mostly LOL. I’m getting there with my collection but it’s like scratching your nails on a chalk board sometimes trying to get the one thing you want or the parts you need for it.

Im thinking about picking up an original arcade cabinet of Pac man. its a little rough around the edges but its still pretty nice. only thing is the tv inside is a little dark.. but still.

i really just wanted a couple arcade cabinets to put in my new place when i graduate, thought it would be nice to have a couple cabinets.

this one is going for 550.. didnt know if that was a good price or not. thanks for the help.

>>>>>>>>>

Yea, maybe get him down a little on the price, install a cap kit to spruce up the monitor, and finally, get one of Mike Doyle's 96-in-one multi-Pac kits:

http://home.everestkc.net/mdoyle/multipac.htm

I have this kit in my PacMan, and I cannot sing its praises enough. You get all of the Pac variants and even some other great games like a clone of Space Invaders, Eyes, and my favorite: Pengo.

And I have to disagree with the poster who said that PacMan doesn't get played at parties...whenever I have folks over, the PacMan machine gets TONS of play, particularly Ms. PacMan using the aforementioned kit.

Jon