IGNORED

what are the best platform games for 8bit computer?

lucifershalo

I'll say...

Donkey Kong :D

Spelunker

Pitfall II

Jumpman/Jumpman Jr.

Beef Drop

Candy Factory

Canyon Climber

Hard Hat Mack

H.E.R.O.

Lode Runner

Rebound

Montezuma's Revenge

Miner 2049er

Mr. Robot and His Robot Factory

Shamus Case 2

Edited by vdub_bobby

"Beer Belly Burt's Brew Biz" was one of my favourites

I enjoyed most of Frank Cohen's games.

Ghost Chaser was one of my favourites back in the eighties, even if it was a little simplistic.

Umm... I cannot think of anything more appropriate to say than wat Pengwin wrote so...

I enjoyed most of Frank Cohen's games.

Ghost Chaser was one of my favorites back in the eighties, even if it was a little simplistic.

*edit*

Changed favorties to the more proper American spelling :)

Edited by FastRobPlus

Bruce Lee had an ending--you fight an evil wizard who shoots fireballs. Actually you just press a

button on the far wall to destroy the wizard. Why he would leave a self-destruct button in his

throne room is unclear. Anyway, in a way, the game gets easier after the first bits. There's less

fighting, so once you know how to avoid the traps you can get through a good chunk of the

game without getting your health worn down. Oh, and you can have player 2 control the green

Yamo to help you out (by not attacking you) if you want an easier time of it.

Speaking of platformers, I forgot Zorro. I enjoyed it a lot at the time, though the puzzles can be

a bit frustrating and unclear. I did manage to finish it, but now when I try it on my Datasoft

multicart I can't remember how to get past the first area. I guess I gon't have the patience of a

14-year-old any more...

Montezuma's Revenge is also great, as noted. (I only played it on the 5200, but even with the

analog controllers we had a lot of fun with it.)

Oh, and you can have player 2 control the green

Yamo to help you out (by not attacking you) if you want an easier time of it.

That's probably how I managed to beat the game, back then.

Montezuma's Revenge is also great, as noted. (I only played it on the 5200, but even with the

analog controllers we had a lot of fun with it.)

Do you know whether Montezuma's Revenge on the 5200 has an ending? I've gotten to level 4 on the Atari 8-bit disk version (same as the 5200 cart, as far as I know).

Does Impossible Mission qualify as a platformer?

If so, that's my recommendation - and it's soon to be out for the DS and Wii which I for one am looking forward to.

It counts as a platformer, but there's no version of it for the Atari 8-bit computers...

It does exist as an Atari 7800 cartridge, but due to a bug in the game, it's unwinnable (truly impossible).

Sort of surprised they're doing it for the Wii... is it going to be faithful to the original, or are they doing it as a 3D perspective with powerups and stuff?