IGNORED

360 RPGs

moycon

Just a heads up for RPG fans.

Amazon is listing INFINITE UNDISCOVERY for -$20 right now.

They sometimes do this a few weeks after a game launches, but it usually doesn't last but a day.

If you are interested in this title, nows a good time.

http://www.amazon.com/Infinite-Undiscovery...0090&sr=8-2

Talk about a dilema.

Both Lost Odyssey and Infinite Undiscovery came yesterday.

Fable 2 was delivered today.

The dilema!?? What to play first!!

Actually I started Lost Odyssey yesterday since it's the oldest. (This was before I knew Fable would be here)

As far as LO is concerned. All I can say is WOW!! Awesome production values. Haven't really gotten into the game too far. Maybe an hour in and it's mostly back story, current story. The game comes on 4 disks because if I remember correctly they wanted all the cut-scenes to be in Hi-Def. Truely a great great looking game. The gameplay seems standard old school turn based so if you find that boring, you probably won't like it.

Edited by moycon

I'm still in the middle of Tales of Vesperia (I haven't had much time to play lately). I'm enjoying it immensely, it's a fun game even if the battle system is sort of odd.

Tempest

The battle system in ToV threw me off at first as well. By the end of the game I liked it, not so much in the begining though.

Lost Odyssey is a much slower game by comparison. It would be hard for me to say which I like batter at this point. I've only been in maybe 8 or 9 battles in LO. Next time I play I should be in the heart of the game. One thing different is the battles just pop up at random. I kinda like ToV, Blue Dragons and Eternals Sonata's ability to avoid battles if you choose. The randon thing gets crappy sometimes when you just want to get to a location.

I know that you enjoy old school RPGs so you will definitily want to snag LO. I think I got my copy for like $25-$30. So far I can tell it's worth every penny. The voice acting is top notch. Everything about the game is top notch. It's another RPG that's just a feast for the eyes (Can't overstate this enough, it's like playing a CGI movie) with the type of traditional RPG gameplay a fan will enjoy

• 2 weeks later...

Another heads up.

Amazon Gold box deal on Infinate Undiscovery for $29.99 (free shipping, no tax)

Damn I should have waited another couple weeks.

As it stands I'm still on disk 3 of Lost Odyssey and have Fable 2 and Fallout 3 to play before even popping IU in.

Thought I'd mention the Gold Box though, that's a great price.

http://www.amazon.com/Infinite-Undiscovery...RGQQ0Z8HHBQMXRJ

Edited by moycon

• 3 months later...

After playing this game for a bit (I'm on disk 2 of 2) I've come to the conclusion Infinite Undiscovery at $29.99 isn't a good price. The synopses of the game mentioning a group called the Order of Chains, chaining up the moon sounded intriguing and imaginative to me. The story is still kind of neat in my eyes, too bad the execution of the tale is so lame. I can't put my finger on any one thing. Some things I don't like.

The combat. Like Tales of Vesperia, you all run around in the area killing the bad guys. You only control Cappel, your main guy who uses no magic. You can issue orders via the thumb pad, focus, conserve, free, etc... That's pretty much it. You can link up with any character and cast their special attacks (MAGIC) Ever try to link up with someone when you have enemies attacking you? That's right, they pummel you. LAME

The voice acting isn't terribly horrible, but nothing great either. The thing is, the characters act in ways that are just stupid. No matter what you do or how many enemies you fight, one character treats you like crap every cut-scene. No-one ever says anything about his stupid pissy attitude, No-one tells him to get lost. No-one just kills him for being a dick. Why? No clue. Oh yeah I know, it's because it's LAME (and annoying)

The graphics, are ok but nothing that will make you look twice. Your group is a particularly ugly lot. The guy with the HUGE muscles. I have no clue what his name is because I don't care. Looks like a PS2 RPG reject. LAME

Most RPGs when I play them I can't wait to get back to to see what's around the bend or to find that rare hidden treasure. This game is in serious danger of getting put down and not picked back up. Mainly because if I get too into another game, I'll probably forget about it altogether. Warning to RPG lovers. Try before you buy.

I'm really late to the 360 party having just gotten one earlier this year. I played through the main quest and a lot of side quests in Fallout 3 and absolutely loved it, going to go back to it once (if) my friend who is borrowing it returns the game. I saw Oblivion Game of the Year Edition for 20 bucks earlier this week and I just had to pick it up. I've barely scratched the surface, but I can easily see how even 200 hours wouldn't be enough time to do everything this game had to offer. Reading through this topic there seems to be a lot of great RPGs out there for the system but at the pace I'm going I won't have to worry about getting a new one until this time next year probably :P

After playing this game for a bit (I'm on disk 2 of 2) I've come to the conclusion Infinite Undiscovery at $29.99 isn't a good price. The synopses of the game mentioning a group called the Order of Chains, chaining up the moon sounded intriguing and imaginative to me. The story is still kind of neat in my eyes, too bad the execution of the tale is so lame. I can't put my finger on any one thing. Some things I don't like.

The combat. Like Tales of Vesperia, you all run around in the area killing the bad guys. You only control Cappel, your main guy who uses no magic. You can issue orders via the thumb pad, focus, conserve, free, etc... That's pretty much it. You can link up with any character and cast their special attacks (MAGIC) Ever try to link up with someone when you have enemies attacking you? That's right, they pummel you. LAME

The voice acting isn't terribly horrible, but nothing great either. The thing is, the characters act in ways that are just stupid. No matter what you do or how many enemies you fight, one character treats you like crap every cut-scene. No-one ever says anything about his stupid pissy attitude, No-one tells him to get lost. No-one just kills him for being a dick. Why? No clue. Oh yeah I know, it's because it's LAME (and annoying)

The graphics, are ok but nothing that will make you look twice. Your group is a particularly ugly lot. The guy with the HUGE muscles. I have no clue what his name is because I don't care. Looks like a PS2 RPG reject. LAME

Most RPGs when I play them I can't wait to get back to to see what's around the bend or to find that rare hidden treasure. This game is in serious danger of getting put down and not picked back up. Mainly because if I get too into another game, I'll probably forget about it altogether. Warning to RPG lovers. Try before you buy.

I thought Infinite Undiscovery was alright. The story got a bit proposterious towards the end and the ending was... lacking, but overall it was pretty decent. I didn't like how you had to link to your party members to use certain skills, it was really clumsy and since the battles are in real time, it was almost impossible to do it and not get the crap beat out of you. There was also way too much backtracking in a game that doesn't have a fast travel option.

Tempest

Not sure anyone will care, but apparently there is/was a Blue Dragon cartoon.

Yep it's based on that amazingly mediocre RPG we all played for $10.

There are 13 episodes available on Live and the pilot episode Blue Dragon : A Fateful Decision is free.

I can't say I'm excited about it, but there you go.

If you like RPGs you should at least check it out if only to say...damn that sucks.

Edited by moycon

Not sure anyone will care, but apparently there is/was a Blue Dragon cartoon.

Yep it's based on that amazingly mediocre RPG we all played for $10.

There are 13 episodes available on Live and the pilot episode Blue Dragon : A Fateful Decision is free.

I can't say I'm excited about it, but there you go.

If you like RPGs you should at least check it out if only to say...damn that sucks.

I hated Blue Dragon (the game)