IGNORED

360 RPGs

moycon

I saw a hands on update on IGN about Eternal Sonata

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/773/773425p1.html

and realized there's some kick ass RPGs coming very soon to the 360. This is easily my favorite genre (I blew through Enchanted Arms) and between Blue Dragon, Two Worlds, Mass Effect, Shivering Isles and now Eternal Sonata I honestly don't know how I'm going to get much accomplished in the coming months.

Anyone else really looking forward to these titles or a huge fan of the RPG in general?

I'm mostly interested in an Oblivion expansion pack or anything similar to Oblivion. I've had this game for so long and I'm still just discovering things. Right now my character contracted the vampire disease so now I have to find the items to cure myself. I haven't gotten Knights of the Nine expansion yet. I think I'm going to go with Shivering Isles. Mass Effect is the only other RPG thats really gotten me excited.

I'm mostly interested in an Oblivion expansion pack or anything similar to Oblivion. Mass Effect is the only other RPG thats really gotten me excited.

You might want to consider picking up Two-Worlds or at least keep an eye on it. It looks to be right up your ally:

http://xbox360.ign.com/objects/815/815215.html

Its supposed to come out in a couple months!

Absolutely anticipating Mass Effect, as a self-professed KoToR fanboy. That game and its sequel owned my free time for the better part of a year as I opened every crate, locker, and closet within the game. Maybe OCD is not a good trait for RPG players ...

Blue Dragon interests me because of its art style, not so much because of what I know about the game, and Eternal Sonata interests me only slightly as a musician curious to see what nonsense they do with Chopin.

I've still got a lifetime of things to do with the original Oblivion content, so Shivering Isles is not really on my radar. Two Worlds is not high on my list either, probably due solely to Mass Effect's squash-all-competitors spot at numero uno.

Edited by SomeGuyWithDSL

For those interested I was in Target today and they were selling Final Fantasy XI for $19.99

For that price you get 30 days free.

I didnt pick it up because I have way too many games to play before investing time in something like that but I figured it was worth mentioning.

Absolutely anticipating Mass Effect, as a self-professed KoToR fanboy. That game and its sequel owned my free time for the better part of a year as I opened every crate, locker, and closet within the game. Maybe OCD is not a good trait for RPG players ...

Mass Effect is my most wanted game at this point. I can't wait to play that one :cool:

• 10 months later...

Wow RPGs must be selling well on the 360 (Except Two Worlds :ponder: ).

2008 looks like another big year for RPGs :

Action RPGs

February 12, 2008 Dark Messiah of Might and Magic Elements

May 2008 Age of Conan - Hyborian Adventures

Q3 2008 Fable 2

Q4 2008 Borderlands

TBA 2008 Elveon

TBA 2008 Gothic IV

TBA 2008 Obsidian RPG Project

TBA 2008 Rise of the Argonauts

RPGs

February 12, 2008 Lost Odyssey

March 25, 2008 Spectral Force 3

Q2 2008 Sacred 2 -- Fallen Angel

Q2 2008 Two Worlds: The Temptation

Q3 2008 Fallout 3

TBA 2008 Cryptic Studios MMO Project [untitled]

TBA 2008 Spectral Diario

TBA 2008 X Quest

The biggest shocker to me. Two Worlds : The Temptation expansion. I mean the sales for that game were dismal, and those that did buy it probably traded it in and the disks are sitting in Gamestops now. I still have my copy though. I kinda liked it. In fact I've been playing it the past couple days trying to snag the last couple achievements. I'll for sure be snagging Lost Odyssey and Fable 2, most of the others I haven't heard much about.

I'm mostly interested in an Oblivion expansion pack or anything similar to Oblivion. I've had this game for so long and I'm still just discovering things. Right now my character contracted the vampire disease so now I have to find the items to cure myself. I haven't gotten Knights of the Nine expansion yet. I think I'm going to go with Shivering Isles. Mass Effect is the only other RPG thats really gotten me excited.

Knights of the Nine is an addon. Granted it is an addon with a good bit of content and it is a good one but it is an addon nonetheless. There are a lot of addons available for Oblivion on Live (and I have them all.) But, Shivering Isles is the only expansion for Oblivion. It is also worth every penny.

Yea, Two worlds didn't get the best reviews (6.8 IGN).

Fable 2 is a definite buy for me. The first was fantastic. Count me in on the Mass Effect wagon too. Still have to pick it up but it looks amazing. Got great reviews too. That and Eternal Sonata... so many games so little time.

Knights of the Nine is an addon. Granted it is an addon with a good bit of content and it is a good one but it is an addon nonetheless. There are a lot of addons available for Oblivion on Live (and I have them all.) But, Shivering Isles is the only expansion for Oblivion. It is also worth every penny.

Especially when the Shivering Isles disk comes with 90% of the DLC (Well at least on the pc it does)

Edited by aikainnet

In case anyone cares:

I saw Blue Dragon at Target for $29 yesterday.

I also downloaded and played DM: M&M elements. (whatever....)

Didn't like it that much at all. (I'm too spoiled from last years Oblivion)

Fable 2 looks very cool.

I'm finishing up Sonata....this one I recommend but to certain people. Its definitely not for everyone, maybe more for the hardcore Japanese RPG fan....

DM: M&M elements hasn't gotten very good reviews. Apparently they have removed most of the RPG elements. Stupid move.

I've seen a few friends playing Lost Odyssey recently. That game interests me. I like the old school turn based RPGs.

Another RPG confirmed.

Tales of Vesperia:

I got all excited there for a second until I found the video clip. Another JRPG game featuring tweens with dinnerplate eyes. Ewwwwww. :woozy:

On another note, it bears repeating that DM: M&M elements does in fact blow dead goats.

I picked up Shivering Isles, and it's a hoot so far. That Prince of Madness is a fun guy, and the dungeon where you play DM is hilarious! :D I just picked up an Elite this week and gave my other 360 to a friend. Had to transfer my HD data without help from MS. :P

Edited by remowilliams

I snagged Lost Odyssey.

My first impression is that it's VERY old-school/traditional. If you want to play a RPG like something from the mid 90s with in game visuals matching the CGI cutscenes of the early 2000s, then this is the one to get.

So, it was a pleasant surprise to me. Although, I do prefer the visual design in Enchanted Arms to this one.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm a big fan of RPG's, although as I age, I realize that I have less and less time for them. I have been playing Mass Effect and Blue Dragon, and I've definitely got a spot saved for Lost Odyssey, just out of respect for Hinorobu Sakaguchi. It's about time for a classic "final fantasy" to appear.

• 2 months later...

Square Enix announced yesterday more RPGs for the 360!!!

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/880/880494p1.html

Star Ocean: The Last Hope

http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/903/903309/imgs_1.html

Infinite Undiscovery

http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/821/821710/imgs_1.html

The Last Remnant

http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/904/904861/imgs_1.html

These look great. The complaints from gamers that Xbox is a FPS only system are getting weaker and weaker me thinks.

If you're an RPG fan the 360 is the system of choice in my eyes.

Also a Tales of Vesperia bundle is being released in Japan (Probably wont be coming to the US though.)

http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/142/14225689/imgs_1.html

ToV is one I'll be picking up on day one.

I USED to be a huge RPG fan. However, it all died when Final Fantasy 7 came out.. I really don't know why (I think it was the polygon graphics) but I just sort of burned out on them finally and haven't looked back. Ironically, FF7 was a title that turned on a lot of people to the genre.. but for me it was the end. :lol:

That being said, a lot of the current ones look appealing to me.. stuff like Mass Effect, Lost Odyssey, etc. I think the time is coming when I'll probably try playing one again. But that's the trick isn't it?.. "time" :P

Edited by NE146