IGNORED

AIR RAID!

ItsAtariTime

How the hell the cart is PAL if the seller is located in the US?

If you think that TV is rolling, it's not. It's just the camera catching the refesh rate of the TV.

Oh yeah, auction is for US and Canada only (learn to read people).

Some times it's good to have common sence.

Quite the researcher, you are. yoda.gif

I've got some really rare Bomb games for sale for you, since I am in the U.S., they must be NTSC.

There you go! All you friggin' "NTSC only" collectors back off, and retract your bids!

(or sell me your copy in case you regret getting a PAL game)

Cheers,

Marco

Not "NTSC only", one at a time, I still need to get a shelf that stops these filthy PAL carts and boxes from rolling. :P

So what is the deal? Is this cart pal or not??

Jim

If you think that TV is rolling, it's not. It's just the camera catching the refesh rate of the TV.

Ya sometimes it's good to use the search button too. The debate weither this is pal or ntsc has been on for awhile. So since I live in the usa then i cant have any pal carts cause this is the usa. Common sense my ass.

Quite the researcher, you are. yoda.gif

I've got some really rare Bomb games for sale for you, since I am in the U.S., they must be NTSC.

I herd some bad things about those Bomb games.

Ya sometimes it's good to use the search button too. The debate weither this is pal or ntsc has been on for awhile. So since I live in the usa then i cant have any pal carts cause this is the usa. Common sense my ass.

It's because we're hardcore.

Lore says it's an American company.

From what I've read today apart from this thread it appears PAL.

Looks like a crappy pirate/hack to me =)

Well the cart looks real to me. Hell, we never saw the game box in our lives.

Edited by Fighter17

Bulla.

Don't think that cart is PAL or an fake (or even an hack).

If you'd checked the forums, you would have found out that:

• Air Raid is a hack of Space Jockey (an elaborate one, but still a hack)
  • NTSC has 525 scanlines, PAL has 625 scanlines, and Air Raid has 580 scanlines

which shows it's, at best, not a normal / regular US NTSC release.

The cart on eBay is the real deal, well as real as real goes in this case.

Cheers,

Marco

Edited by Marco

Bulla.

Don't think that cart is PAL or an fake (or even an hack).

If you'd checked the forums, you would have found out that:

• Air Raid is a hack of Space Jockey (an elaborate one, but still a hack)
  • NTSC has 525 scanlines, PAL has 625 scanlines, and Air Raid has 580 scanlines

which shows it's, at best, not a normal / regular US NTSC release.

The cart on eBay is the real deal, well as real as real goes in this case.

Cheers,

Marco

Never knew about the scanline number.

Well according to the auction the picture of the game looks just fine on an NTSC TV set.

Then again most Atari titles don't cover the whole screen when playing on an SDTV set like I have.

Edit: Are you kidding me? Air Raid is not a hack of Space Jockey!

Edit 2: You think Air Raid is an jack of Space Jockey because it sounds similar to Space Jockey and the gameplay is somewhat silimar?

Edited by Fighter17

Edit 2: You think Air Raid is an jack of Space Jockey because it sounds similar to Space Jockey and the gameplay is somewhat silimar?

Tip: do us a favor, do your homework and use the search function before you post: Air Raid contains 56% of the Space Jockey code.

The topic of Air Raid has been discussed many times before here, and while we still do not know the whole story, the weird number of scanlines and the Space Jockey code sharing are established facts.

Cheers,

Marco

Air Raid is from Mexico, at least thats where the last one found was from (at a garage sale) my guess is it was sold in a bag or something. Doubt it ever had a box, that story I read about it sounds like BS to me. PAL? NTSC? Who knows, my guess is shitty, rushed programming that resulted in a crappy hack that nobody bought or wanted leaving a few "rare" copies of it floating around Mexico that will slowly turn up over the years :)

first Brazil (good call there CPU!!) , now Mexico.. what will it be in the next couple of years? :ponder:

can't wait for a boxed one to pop up, would love to get this cleared up for good. :)

Rick

Didn't someone have a box in storage, or has that years-old story been put to rest?

first Brazil (good call there CPU!!) , now Mexico.. what will it be in the next couple of years? :ponder:

can't wait for a boxed one to pop up, would love to get this cleared up for good. :)

Rick

Didn't someone have a box in storage, or has that years-old story been put to rest?

I think that rumor has been debunked. Several carts have appeared over the years and no boxes, so I'm guessing it's like Eli's Ladder and there is no box.

As for the scanline thing, If it's between NTSC and PAL wouldn't that make it PAL-M? So wouldn't that point to a South American origin for this game? To me that would make sense.

Tempest

FYI: There are enough members willing to ship to outside the US or Canada.

Haven't you learned to read yourself, some people do have friends. :roll:

And the info posted about Air Raid that you seem to be refuting with all fervor has been re-hashed, then the re-hash has been microwaved enough times not to want to touch again. Search functions I hear are the "in thing" nowadays.

Hoppy Easter, Happy Spring, Happy Hoppy Everything, all. :)

Now if you are around Cleveland there's about a foot of snow on the ground in the last 3 days, lol. :ponder:

Edited by Chickybaby

Tip: do us a favor, do your homework and use the search function before you post: Air Raid contains 56% of the Space Jockey code.

The topic of Air Raid has been discussed many times before here, and while we still do not know the whole story, the weird number of scanlines and the Space Jockey code sharing are established facts.

Cheers,

Marco

Wait a minute.

You said Air Raid shares 56% of Space Jockey source code right?

How can you call a game a hack when just about all of the sprites were different (to some extent), and the shooting is vertical (not the other way around like in Space Jockey)?

Of all the hacks I saw in my life, they were just graphical changes or enhancements, not a totally different game all together like Air Raid.

I do admit that Air Raid plays the same like Space Jockey, but when the shooing direction is totally different than the original game (with also different sprites, and buildings than a moving mountain), I have my reasons.

Also I only call a hack a real hack if the hack version shares at least 80% of the original source code.