IGNORED

Price Checks! Please help!

Hounder

Do you live in Nashville?

:rolling: Sorry couldnt help but laugh. No offence hounder. ;-)

Mcgrail, i thought the same thing-- :ponder:

I must be missing out on something here.....I take it it's not good though! Lol

Wonder: Once I have it all in my possession and can get pics, I will make a thread for people to pick and choose what they want. Some stuff isn't being sold while others are :)

Wonder: Once I have it all in my possession and can get pics, I will make a thread for people to pick and choose what they want. Some stuff isn't being sold while others are :)

Hey Hounder, the following link should answer some of your questions......

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=105207

Interesting topic. Well, you can all rest assured that it's not a scam or anything like that. Like I said, dreamTR can attest for me as can many other collectors that collect NES. I know I've never done business with anyone on this site (save dreamtr and tradengames) so it is probably hard for you guys to believe me. Hopefully my pics will put aside the doubt in everyones minds though :)

I've been doing some research on this stuff and alot of it looks to be very rare. Mostly R9s and 8s. Which floors me since I do know that atari stuff is so hard to find. Too bad it wasn't all NES stuff because then I'd have myself a HUGE hayday! Lol Anyways, what's the value of some of these things separate and not with the lot??? I'm very curious now :)

Hey Hounder, the following link should answer some of your questions......

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=105207

I can assure you if Hounder says he has them he has them.

And I staked claim to that Mr. Do's Castle since I have only had a WANTED post offering crazy money for a year!

Some of the estimates I see here are a bit wrong, though. Stronghold boxed won't hit more than $500.

Glib boxed? Around $350-400.

River Patrol loose? About $225-250 nowadays

X-Man LOOSE? A boxed US one went for $399 BIN after it was sitting for 4 days. Loose US one about $180-200

And I staked claim to that Mr. Do's Castle since I have only had a WANTED post offering crazy money for a year!

Some of the estimates I see here are a bit wrong, though. Stronghold boxed won't hit more than $500.

X-Man LOOSE? A boxed US one went for $399 BIN after it was sitting for 4 days. Loose US one about $180-200

Are you kidding me. Stronghold boxed $1,000 guess what X-Man just sold for $290 loose. The boxed X-Man you site I bet was PAL. I also bet the Stronghold you saw was also PAL. Hounder, put the stuff on Ebay. Trust me on this one. You can get alot more money than what DreamTR is offering.

Edit: box quality does mater somewhat. If the boxes are tattered than DreamTR would probably be correct with atleast the Stronghold estimation.

Edited by homerwannabee

Where can I get a loose River Patrol for $225-$250? Unless I get lucky with a Buy It Now (or the label is missing) I doubt that I can get one for that price.

homer: $1000 for Stronghold? Where do you come up with these numbers???

I know boxed games are slightly on the rise, but that # is bs.

Apparently you missed it when these were being sold for $300 apiece a couple of years back, and Darth Vader just sold one boxed and it sure as heck was far less than the $500 I am quoting for a boxed one. AND IT WAS NTSC.

The "boxed" X-Man for $400 was definitely NTSC.

I'm not losing my mind on these prices, you are HEAVILY overestimating the value of some of this stuff.

River Patrol was sold recently on Atari2600.com for $275 (mind you, I am estimating these on average condition because "mint" is not what you will find these days).

Edited by DreamTR

Apparently you missed it when these were being sold for $300 apiece a couple of years back, and Darth Vader just sold one boxed and it sure as heck was far less than the $500 I am quoting for a boxed one. AND IT WAS NTSC.

I'm not losing my mind on these prices, you are HEAVILY overestimating the value of some of this stuff.

River Patrol was sold recently on Atari2600.com for $275 (mind you, I am estimating these on average condition because "mint" is not what you will find these days).

I would take the $ DreamTR is offering. If recent e-bay sales I have seen are an indication, you won't get more than he is offering. I have had the opportunity to pick up 2 boxed NTSC X-man's in the past 2 years, both below $300. Stronghold boxed sold for $1,000 is insane. Sure, every now and again you have a cart go for way more than the current market trend, but you can't expect taht you'll get great results from e-bay each time.

Check!

Ask yourself this question. When was the last time Stronghold was sold on Ebay. :ponder: that was a couple of years back. In a day when Frontline a rarity 5 game goes for $161 yes I can see something like Stronghold getting a major payday. Tell you what hounder put a Buy It Now price on Stronghold for $600. I guarentee you that it will be sold within 1 hour. Actually I just read my original post I said Stronghold could go for $700. $2,700-2,000=$700. To come to think of it $700 is about more in the range of what he could get.

Edited by homerwannabee

Last time it was sold on eBay was when Darth Vader tried to sell it just a coupole of months ago, and he ended up having to sell it privately for significantly less.

It was boxed, and he sold it for around $200 IIRC.

I think he originally had a $699 BIN, and some 0 feedback bidder screwed it up. Relisted it, no one bit at lower price, then sold it.

As for Front Line, those Coleco mid range boxes are rare, so I could see it hitting that price; I am fully aware of the market of this stuff because I have been collecting 2600 boxed games in the past year and half and paying very close attention to the prices.

Last time it was sold on eBay was when Darth Vader tried to sell it just a coupole of months ago, and he ended up having to sell it privately for significantly less.

It was boxed, and he sold it for around $200 IIRC.

I think he originally had a $699 BIN, and some 0 feedback bidder screwed it up. Relisted it, no one bit at lower price, then sold it.

As for Front Line, those Coleco mid range boxes are rare, so I could see it hitting that price; I am fully aware of the market of this stuff because I have been collecting 2600 boxed games in the past year and half and paying very close attention to the prices.

I think I remember that. I think there was mention that the boxes were PAL.

Here is a link to what you are talking about, If you notice there are no instructions with these games. Also note that this was August which would actually be 8 months back. So it has been 8 months since one that even had a box to it came on Ebay. This would tell me that there is a pretty good demand for this game.

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?s...c=92661&hl=

Edited by homerwannabee

Darth Vader's Stronghold, the game we are talking about, was NTSC, as I have mentioned in my posts earlier.

His Cakewalk is PAL.

I know it does not have a manual, I stated that it is "boxed" in my posts. So according to you, a manual is worth $500-600?

Atari2600.com sells rare manuals usually ranging from $60-140 maximum, and that $140 is a serious overstatement. They have a River Patrol manual up right now for $85 I believe.

You also have to realize that those in the "know" already have Stronghold. Many collectors got them from the source when the opportunity was available. Most people I know have this game boxed. I think if this game was hitting $1000 apiece, you'd see em popping out a bit more.

8 months is not a long time to go without a box showing up for this game, but that does not mean the value and demand has increased tremendously.

This happens a lot on most message boards, and it seriously confuses the person(s) trying to sell stuff. They ask a question about game values, then someone comes on here telling him he found stuff that is wroth so much money they tend to hold onto it thinking they will get even more money and value (see jollerancher find for NES stuff) hurting the value of said stuff and creating an incomprehensible frenzy of sorts for no reason.

We all know eBay is the kicker for a lot of things, but I have seen things sell privately for less and more of the $ amount of eBay, plus you don't have to deal with bs fees if you sell it privately.

I have no doubts he will get his money for most of these games, but you can't overestimate values on stuff.

Darth Vader's Stronghold, the game we are talking about, was NTSC, as I have mentioned in my posts earlier.

His Cakewalk is PAL.

I know it does not have a manual, I stated that it is "boxed" in my posts. So according to you, a manual is worth $500-600?

Atari2600.com sells rare manuals usually ranging from $60-140 maximum, and that $140 is a serious overstatement. They have a River Patrol manual up right now for $85 I believe.

You also have to realize that those in the "know" already have Stronghold. Many collectors got them from the source when the opportunity was available. Most people I know have this game boxed. I think if this game was hitting $1000 apiece, you'd see em popping out a bit more.

8 months is not a long time to go without a box showing up for this game, but that does not mean the value and demand has increased tremendously.

This happens a lot on most message boards, and it seriously confuses the person(s) trying to sell stuff. They ask a question about game values, then someone comes on here telling him he found stuff that is wroth so much money they tend to hold onto it thinking they will get even more money and value (see jollerancher find for NES stuff) hurting the value of said stuff and creating an incomprehensible frenzy of sorts for no reason.

We all know eBay is the kicker for a lot of things, but I have seen things sell privately for less and more of the $ amount of eBay, plus you don't have to deal with bs fees if you sell it privately.

I have no doubts he will get his money for most of these games, but you can't overestimate values on stuff.

If you read the thread though it is evident that people were worried that this was PAL. That had to affect the sale of this in a negitive way. Also you seem to forget that there are people still coming into this hobby. Just because all the old school people have them does not mean the New School people have them. Also Rarity 9 boxed games do not show up on Ebay too often anymore. Fact is though that Ebay is the only true way to find out what something is worth at the current moment. Still because the Supply has been non existent for 8 months I really believe he could get $700+ if he put it on Ebay.