IGNORED

Price Checks! Please help!

Hounder

ianoid is 100% correct. I am sick of people not knowledgable being given privileged information that may or may not have takens years and tons of research to acquire.

Happens all the time with stuff and the majority of the time the information is given by people NOT EVEN COLLECTING THE ITEM, NOR WOULD THEY HAVE THE MONEY TO PURCHASE IT IN THE FIRST PLACE.

Hounder here is all you need to know about DreamTR estimates on how much your stuff is worth. :ponder:

ianoid is 100% correct. I am sick of people not knowledgable being given privileged information that may or may not have takens years and tons of research to acquire.

Happens all the time with stuff and the majority of the time the information is given by people NOT EVEN COLLECTING THE ITEM, NOR WOULD THEY HAVE THE MONEY TO PURCHASE IT IN THE FIRST PLACE.

Hounder here is all you need to know about DreamTR estimates on how much your stuff is worth. :ponder:

Sorry dude, DreamTR is pretty much spot on with his estimates, I've been watching those items for 8 years. Granted, some items in the last couple of years shot through the roof, but that is only due to the "Must Check Mental Sanity™" type of collectors. Remember, eBay does not determine price, it only shows how much two people want the item. I call them SpeedCollectors™.

Patience is your friend. ;)

Sorry dude, DreamTR is pretty much spot on with his estimates, I've been watching those items for 8 years. Granted, some items in the last couple of years shot through the roof, but that is only due to the "Must Check Mental Sanity™" type of collectors. Remember, eBay does not determine price, it only shows how much two people want the item. I call them SpeedCollectors™.

Patience is your friend. ;)

With very rare Atari 2600 games you are probably correct. I will admit that it is hard to get an acurate indicator of games when something only goes on ebay once or twice a year. Something like Amazing Spiderman #1 although more expensive is easier to tell because it shows up for auction on a weekly basis. I guess the if this does not go to auction it is not that bad because Atariage is so big it includes most Atari 2600 collectors so Hounder probably has a good idea what he can get for it.

Lots of fuss over a list of games that no one is sure are in Hounder's hands yet. I know Hounder as a strong NES collector and an honest guy, but if I had to put my money on it, he responded to a bogus craigslist add and the "seller" is taking him for a ride. The seller claims to have had all these games, plus unbelievably rare games for the NES (Stadium Events) and SNES (Star Fox Super Weekend). No one on craigslist has 30 some odd games and they just all happen to be super rare. This will blow over shortly and we can all argue about the price of something else...

Darth Vader's Stronghold, the game we are talking about, was NTSC, as I have mentioned in my posts earlier.

His Cakewalk is PAL.

I know it does not have a manual, I stated that it is "boxed" in my posts. So according to you, a manual is worth $500-600?

Atari2600.com sells rare manuals usually ranging from $60-140 maximum, and that $140 is a serious overstatement. They have a River Patrol manual up right now for $85 I believe.

You also have to realize that those in the "know" already have Stronghold. Many collectors got them from the source when the opportunity was available. Most people I know have this game boxed. I think if this game was hitting $1000 apiece, you'd see em popping out a bit more.

8 months is not a long time to go without a box showing up for this game, but that does not mean the value and demand has increased tremendously.

This happens a lot on most message boards, and it seriously confuses the person(s) trying to sell stuff. They ask a question about game values, then someone comes on here telling him he found stuff that is wroth so much money they tend to hold onto it thinking they will get even more money and value (see jollerancher find for NES stuff) hurting the value of said stuff and creating an incomprehensible frenzy of sorts for no reason.

We all know eBay is the kicker for a lot of things, but I have seen things sell privately for less and more of the $ amount of eBay, plus you don't have to deal with bs fees if you sell it privately.

I have no doubts he will get his money for most of these games, but you can't overestimate values on stuff.

If you read the thread though it is evident that people were worried that this was PAL. That had to affect the sale of this in a negitive way. Also you seem to forget that there are people still coming into this hobby. Just because all the old school people have them does not mean the New School people have them. Also Rarity 9 boxed games do not show up on Ebay too often anymore. Fact is though that Ebay is the only true way to find out what something is worth at the current moment. Still because the Supply has been non existent for 8 months I really believe he could get $700+ if he put it on Ebay.

Both games were Pal i won the auction for Cakewalk but he contacted me and let me know he found out they were both Pal! He was supposedly in good with Sean Kelly and was supposed to see if Sean had the NTSC version as he had bought them off Sean thinking that they were NTSC. I never heard back from him on whatever happened!

$1000 for Stronghold is ridiculous.

I sold my loose River Patrol for $250, I'm pretty sure that another collector here mentioned to me that he had just recently bought one on these forums for $250. I know one was on Atari2600.com recently for $275. That makes 3 in the last few months for under $300. When UKwomble sold his loose River Patrol on Ebay about 6 months ago it pulled $300 exactly and if I remember correctly it was mint. Just my 2 cents :)

$1000 for Stronghold is ridiculous.

I sold my loose River Patrol for $250, I'm pretty sure that another collector here mentioned to me that he had just recently bought one on these forums for $250. I know one was on Atari2600.com recently for $275. That makes 3 in the last few months for under $300. When UKwomble sold his loose River Patrol on Ebay about 6 months ago it pulled $300 exactly and if I remember correctly it was mint. Just my 2 cents :)

Still $700 is about right. As you can see from Atarimania the boxed Stronghold went for $200 because it was PAL. As far as River Patrol is concerned, believe it or not $250 to $300 sounds about right. I think this price may go up though for one main reason Atari2600.com had 4 of them in their store for the longest time ranging from $250 to $399. Now all of those carts are gone. So the option to get River Patrol somewhere else is eliminated. Which means that anyone wanting to actualy get this game is going to have to have a free for all fight if it goes up for auction. For some reason this tends to raise the price on things.

Also a word of advice to anyone who is just starting to collect. Get your rarity 8 and 9 games now. The market is really starting to dry up for these games. You can only go to the oil well so many times before you have a scarcity issue on your hands.

• 2 weeks later...