IGNORED

Atari E.R.I.C. Laserdisc for sale

Klove

Hey Gang!

Over the weekend, I went to a local thift store and much to my surprise, I came across an Atari E.R.I.C. Laserdisc.

For those of you who don't know, the Atari E.R.I.C. was used as a Point of Purchase Marketing / Sales too for the Atari 400 / 800 computer system. It basically comprised of an Atari 800 computer hooked-up through some-sort of special control box that was connected to a standard Pionerr Laserdisc system.

Basically, you as a user ("or potential buyer") could type interact with the laserdisc system ala Atari 800 computer.

What I have here, is the actual Laserdisc that worked in the system. THE DISC WILL PLAY IN A NORMAL (Joe-Blow) Laserdisc player if you have one.

It's a pretty entertaining and funny to watch. The entire playing time, is probably in the vicinity of 30-40 minutes.

I know that it's pretty hard to come by too.

The disc comes in a stadard Scotch (brand) Laserddisc jacket with Atari labels on both the jacket and laserdisc label itself.

Here's what the ATARIMUSEUM had to say about the system...

"ERIC" stood for Electronic Retail Information Center. It was an interactive Laserdisc demonstration system controlled by an Atari 800 through an Atari 850 Serial interface port to a Pioneer PR-8210 Laserdisc player through its remote input. For those who came to the Vintage Computer Festival 4.0 in San Jose this past Sept 30-Oct 1 you were able to see and try out first hand one of the only complete and working units left in existence.

"A very interesting piece of history for sure."

I'd be interested in hearing offers if you're interested.

I sorta' REALLY doubt that there are many of these around anymore at all.

- Ken