IGNORED

Current Jaguar Homebrew Projects

Pocket

You guys better know your Jaguar Bus...Just throwing a fast processor out there does not equal faster Jaguar. You need to remember the cart address area is SLOW.

Who has said Jaguar bus ?

Be fast, be JagCF !!!

GT Turbo :thumbsup:

If you are planning to use the CF to pump data across the cart to the Jag

then you wil have lots of trouble. However, if you are using the video lines

in the cart port, why not blow the Jag off all together and make a hobby

console? if this is how the DSP will work, You are only a case and a little

vid circuit away. Unless of course you plan to use the Jaguar for back

drop processing and just mix the video. That could be interesting. Here at

3DSSS, we want to see what the stock Jag can really do first before using

any outside muscle. I think we are going to do pretty good.

:)

Hi!

Exactly what I think. :) It's up to the developer if he wants to use the DSP.

I think it's just a matter of what the goal for your project is. If you want a proof of concept for tech demo to prove what the original Jaguar can do or if you do a game that runs fine on the Jag, then you don't need to use the additional DSP.

Those who create a game based on ideas that the Jaguar itself can not handle, will be glad to use the DSP.

It's really just a question of design/code philosophy. If you want to push a system to its limits with your code then you can do that with both the DSP and the standard Jaguar. Which one you choose is up to you. If you want to make a game that pushes the system to its limits because your goal is the best possible game experience you will be glad about the additional features of JagCF.

Personally I totally hate ruining a good game idea by cutting away content I consider important as designer, due to technical limitations.

(due to memory for example) I know at least one developer working on a 3D game who might be glad to use the DSP, as it might allow amazing game detail the Jaguar itself would never be capable of and thus creating a much greater game experience than possible on a stock Jaguar.

And as the Jaguar is a game console, I am sure most fans care about games most and will therefore be glad about better game experiences.

That's what the Jaguar CF cart can do. It provides everything I personally ever dreamed of on the Jaguar. At least judging from what was said on Jagware so far. Of course I still have to get my hands on the cart to try it myself ;) But I am more than confident that our french friends know what they are doing. :)

Regards, Lars.

Hi!

Exactly what I think. :) It's up to the developer if he wants to use the DSP.

I think it's just a matter of what the goal for your project is. If you want a proof of concept for tech demo to prove what the original Jaguar can do or if you do a game that runs fine on the Jag, then you don't need to use the additional DSP.

Those who create a game based on ideas that the Jaguar itself can not handle, will be glad to use the DSP.

It's really just a question of design/code philosophy. If you want to push a system to its limits with your code then you can do that with both the DSP and the standard Jaguar. Which one you choose is up to you. If you want to make a game that pushes the system to its limits because your goal is the best possible game experience you will be glad about the additional features of JagCF.

Personally I totally hate ruining a good game idea by cutting away content I consider important as designer, due to technical limitations.

(due to memory for example) I know at least one developer working on a 3D game who might be glad to use the DSP, as it might allow amazing game detail the Jaguar itself would never be capable of and thus creating a much greater game experience than possible on a stock Jaguar.

And as the Jaguar is a game console, I am sure most fans care about games most and will therefore be glad about better game experiences.

That's what the Jaguar CF cart can do. It provides everything I personally ever dreamed of on the Jaguar. At least judging from what was said on Jagware so far. Of course I still have to get my hands on the cart to try it myself ;) But I am more than confident that our french friends know what they are doing. :)

Regards, Lars.

All Im saying(to each his own btw) is that I now KNOW we have not even seen yet what the

Jag by itself can do. I want to beable to do it just to nullify the naysayers more than anything.

You know me...I like a good challenge.

:D

Can you explain what's going on, exactly? Is the player jumping on some kind of footpad sensor?
Yes. Actually it's a PlayStation dance pad, originally meant to be used with the game Dance Dance Revolution, connected to an adapter I made (that's the circuit board on top of the Jaguar) which converts the signals to those of a standard Jag pad.

For info on the gameplay, see the Wikipedia article about Dance Dance Revolution, as Jag Jag Revolution is based on the same concept. The version shown in the video is an early alpha, so not much is implemented - basically only the scrolling arrows, the sound, and a brief green or red flash each time the user presses an arrow, depending on whether (s)he's doing OK (actually, the flash is often not visible on the video, as it's very short and the camera frame rate was too low).

Edited by Zerosquare

The video shows nothing of gameplay. Just a still shot of a girl on the screen and a guy jumping up and down on a dance pad.

If you look closely you should see that different direction arrows are scrolling up one side of the screen and that there are green flashes around the edge of the screen, persumable these flashes occur when the correct directional pad is stood on at the correct time and you earn points for that.

As far as I know thats all there is to dance games, not the type of thing I would play myself.

I belive an FMV vid of that babe dancing in the backdrop is eventually going to be added..
That's right, the final version will have video backgrounds (I'll have to convince one of my female friends to dance in front of a video camera, but that's another matter :D)

If you look closely you should see that different direction arrows are scrolling up one side of the screen and that there are green flashes around the edge of the screen, persumable these flashes occur when the correct directional pad is stood on at the correct time and you earn points for that.
Correct (see my previous post)

As far as I know thats all there is to dance games, not the type of thing I would play myself.
Other things I plan to add are scoring based on how "synchronized" you are, different difficulty levels, two-player mode, etc. The gameplay of dance-based games is indeed basic, but they can be much fun, especially when several persons take turns or just stand there watching your performance :P Edited by Zerosquare