IGNORED

AVP Lynx Proto or reproduction?

4ever2600

Anybody have any contact on this guy about his 'prototype'? I emailed him twice and don't get a responce back... I can only assume a repro... and that this guy hasn't even tried it... I hope I'm wrong... I really like to own this prototype...

PS... I'd really like to find either a repro or an original ALPHA AVP for the Jag... Anyone know who to ask?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...ADME:B:AAQ:US:1

If this is the one on ebay right now for a $799 obo... I've chatted with him.

I can't check the link as I am at work... but if that is the one here is what I sent him and the response:

Eric DeLee wrote:

Just hoping to get a look.

Are you a member at AtariAge?

What version do you have? How many playable characters? Where did you get this from?

He wrote:

Nope, not a member. Just like my video game stuff.

Friend worked for the old company when Jaguar was still kicking. She snagged the copy that was pulled from production cause it was scrapped, so she kept it, and gave it to me a long time ago.

Oddly, it was sold back and forth, and I rerequired it almost a year ago threw different collectors.

I agree. What did the last one go for though? Close to $800 and all 3 characters were playable. I think that's what I remember on that proto.

If recall correctly, Vanadium sold his AvP Proto (3 Character Version)

for $600 through the AtariAge Marketplace a while back. I've mailed

the fellow above about his Prototype a few days ago. He responded

with his email address, saying he would send out some photos and

he "just put the auction up quickly because of the low insertion fee."

Haven't received any photos from him yet, but it will be interesting.

I agree. What did the last one go for though? Close to $800 and all 3 characters were playable. I think that's what I remember on that proto.

If recall correctly, Vanadium sold his AvP Proto (3 Character Version)

for $600 through the AtariAge Marketplace a while back. I've mailed

the fellow above about his Prototype a few days ago. He responded

with his email address, saying he would send out some photos and

he "just put the auction up quickly because of the low insertion fee."

Haven't received any photos from him yet, but it will be interesting.

That's too bad. If I had known about this sale, I would have bought it, and then sent it away to be dumped. The only other Lynx cart that I'd even consider spending this type of money on is EotB, and that game is complete (and fun too, from what I've heard).

Very strange auction, its been up for days and the seller has no pictures? Yet all his previous auctions have pics and

are for relatively worthless items (DVDs and Dreamcast games). But the seller does have some decent feedback

but I'd be pretty wary about buying. Someone who knows what this game is and lists it at such a high price would

know it won't sell without photos and a more detailed description. What little there is in the description is comicly

bad.

He says he's open for offers, so if he does come up with better documentation I'd suggest offering less and

negotiating a better rate. That opening bid sems really high for such a niche system.

This was also posted in the LYNX section... Check it out... Here is my latest... I emailed him THOUGH EBAY AND YAHOO ACCOUNT and said on Friday,

"Still waiting on those pics... Kinda funny, alot of your past auctions were small dollar items and they have PLENTY of pictures... Why after several days for a HIGH TICKET PRICED ITEM can you not provide pictures? Why don't you answer one simple question... How many characters are playable on this 'prototype'? It's a simple one word or number answer and it takes 5 minutes to reply? You must not be very serious about this considering I've emailed you several times telling you I'd be WILLING to pay the $800.00 OR MORE if you'd just provide a few little answers to my questions, let your gonna let it go to someone for 600.00 plus fees? Cmon, what gives? Email me... Either VIA ebay, my handle is NIL8 or my email dmanlv@cox.net. This is the last time I contact you about this, if you can't provide me some answers or pics, this isn't real... And how sad, I'm willing to pay TOP DOLLAR for this... Your call... Later - D"

He replied, "Bloody hell. My email is all messed. I have no problem sending you pix of whatever you like. I just have had email problems. This is the beta version with all the characters. I will probably have to relist, but I have an offer. I listed quickly for the cheap fee from ebay. I usually do not sell high end stuff, cause I like to keep it for my collection, but am willing to get rid of this cause I have other kool stuff. What else do you want to know? I have redone my auction with a note about my email issue."

Now In his auction he states that it's the version on wikipedia, (which only has ALL two characters). He claims that is has ALL the characters, which by the way he doesn't say wether it's ALL TWO OR ALL THREE!!!!!! That kills me... I told him specifically that I wanted to know HOW MANY PLAYERS CAN YOU PLAY, TWO OR THREE in several past emails and then he says, oh all of them? ALL TWO OR ALL THREE!?!?!?!??!?! I could smash my head into the wall... so I email him right back and say...

"You have my email address, send me some pics! I need some real proof other than words that this is truely a prototype with all THREE characters playable before I spend in the upwards of $1000.00. When you say ALL the characters do you mean two or three? How complete does this game seem to you... Do the characters have weapons? Please let me know tonight...

Another reason I ask you about how many characters are playable.. The website you stated in your auction under wikipedia, is the prototype that only has TWO of the characters playable, the marine and predator... According to you, that is the version you have... But yet you tell me that ALL the characters are playable meaning also the alien, which makes your version DIFFERENT than the one that's pic'd on wikipedia... You can see the confusion right?

So when you say ALL characters, do you mean, two characters or three characters? And have you even played this prototype on a lynx unit? So let's see, pics pics pics... Thanks - Daryl"

Now this was earlier in the evening on Friday, still as of this posting NEVER HEARD BACK... AND I emailed him through Ebay which means as much BS as you want to say your yahoo acct is giving you problems... Your ebay still works!!!!

How do you guys like that one??

Edited by 4ever2600

There is the funniest part about the entire thing... Auction gone... Want to hear the funniest part about it... I offerered him $800.00 for it on Friday if he'd answer the questions I was asking him, still didn't hear anything from him... Looks like the person offering him $650.00 for it plus ebay fees makes more sense than selling to someone offering you $800.00... Looks like that poor person doesn't just doesn't ask questions... Or it was all bullshit to begin with... Not that I think this isn't the end of this story... We'll see! HAHA! - D

Bet he relists it!