IGNORED

PCB enclosure

Richard H.

I'm not sure how big the Stella adaptor case is but my suggestion would be to use a 9 pin D Gender changer case as not being much bigger than being able to fit two D connectors in back to back they are probably some of the smallest and lightest cases around what will accecpt a D connector and a USB plug.

Alternatively albeit a bit wasteful you could buy a USB to serial adaptor, take the case appart (if not moulded) and throw the guts away.

I'm not sure how big the Stella adaptor case is but my suggestion would be to use a 9 pin D Gender changer case as not being much bigger than being able to fit two D connectors in back to back they are probably some of the smallest and lightest cases around what will accecpt a D connector and a USB plug.

I know what you mean, but I've never seen one made for DB9 and USB A. Have you ?

Alternatively albeit a bit wasteful you could buy a USB to serial adaptor, take the case appart (if not moulded) and throw the guts away.

Good idea, but it's going to be too expensive as it's not a one-off project, I'm building quite a lot.

I know what you mean, but I've never seen one made for DB9 and USB A. Have you ?

They probably exist but I have not seen any to date although until a quick search through the catalogues of our usual suppliers yesterday I have not been looking for them. If I come across any I'll let you know.