IGNORED

your vote = my purchase at AtariAge

bomberpunk

i'm also buying SWOOPS! too. i love Cave 1K & Splatform, and game 2 (not 3) is unplayable in the BIN/emulator i use so yeah...

see what happens when you help out a fellow gamer?

thanks Thomas and Manuel (and everyone else) for helping me narrow it down.

my next purchase WILL include Seawolf. so someone remind me of that in June. ;)

same day purchase / ship!! sweet!!

by the way, the Johnny Cash intro and 1 or 2 players was what won me over in the end. and playing Splatform & Cave 1K on real hardware was just necessary after all the time I spent with them in z26. :lust:

it's a shame that Ebivision and a few other titles aren't try-before-you-buy friendly. for someone like me, i like to know i'm having a ball before i sink $ into a new purchase.

still, no Backfire or Crazy Balloon in my future. too damn hard!

Edited by bomberpunk

it's a shame that Ebivision and a few other titles aren't try-before-you-buy friendly. for someone like me, i like to know i'm having a ball before i sink $ into a new purchase.

As far as Ebivision goes, Power Off is pretty good, as is Allia Quest. The rest range from forgettable to awful.

i use z26 because i prefer "drag & drop" over going through windows' menus like stella or whatever else is out there.

Crash N Dive being a paddle game answered the question that i didn't ask. ;)

Not to start a discussion on the merits of one emulator over another, but Stella can do this as well. When started without a ROM, it uses a built-in GUI ROM launcher. But you can just as easily use it as a commandline program, passing it one ROM at a time. In fact, it started out as a commandline program, and still does everything that it did before. All behaviour can be specified from the commandline; setting the paddles can be done with:

"-lc paddles" (set left port to use paddles)

"-rc paddles" (set right port to use paddles)

"-bc paddles" (set both ports to use paddles)

Not to start a discussion on the merits of one emulator over another, but Stella can do this as well.

A soon as you get your emulation better, I will consider switching. :)

Of course, and I know exactly the issues you're referring to (and they're being worked on). I just wanted to clarify that the specific issue being mentioned was a non-issue, since Stella does do it. But there are many areas where the emulator can be improved, and many of them are things that affect you directly. If we're going to critique a piece of software, one should point out flaws that are actually there :)

• 2 months later...
here's the deal. i'm buying a Synthcart today, but i also want to get a second homebrew cart and i'm completely undecided between several titles. so it's up to YOU to help me decide.

rules:

1) whichever game gets the most votes is the one i buy with the Synthcart

2) do not vote for Testcart. i don't want that.

d) contest ends when i find Atlantis II at a yard sale, or sometime later today (whichever comes first).

&) please do not vote for the games i already own (see below)

Q) 2600 titles only

these are the games i already own.

2005 Minigame Multicart

Astar

Fall Down

Ladybug

Medieval Mayhem

Phantom II / Pirate

Qb (still "sealed")

Strat-O-Gems DX

Warring Worms: The Worm (Re)turns

Nice list of homebrews. I probably have alot of games you would like. I'm from the New Orleans area also. Hit me up with a message. Maybe we can get together and play some cool games.

Jeff

from the River Parishes