IGNORED

I got a Lynx!

atari2600land

Here's what I got for $50:

Lynx system (with instruction manual & carrying case)

Toki

Baseball Heroes (with manual)

California Games (with manual)

Now all I need is some more games. I'll be posting in the Wanted forum very soon. I think $50 is good, seeing as how this is the first time I ever saw a Lynx anywhere and I don't want to hassle buying a whole system over the Internet (might break, who knows?) Games yes, the Lynx itself, no.

I can share a story right now. I have them going all the way back to the launch of the Lynx. I've always owned one, but just recently I've decided to collect for it more 'hardcore' so to speak. This story is from 1990 I think:

When I was 15, I owned a Puch Moped as my means of transportation. I lived in a small town called in northern Indiana called Goshen, which is about 30 miles from South Bend, or basically what was the only real city with true video game stores I had access to.

Dead of Winter, I put on my leather coat, plus my ATV helmet (I looked like a complete jackass) and made the over 1 hour trip to Toys R Us in Mishawaka/South Bend on my little Puch, freezing my ass off to buy a Lynx console, Checkered Flag and Warbirds.

Wait, I almost forgot to mention I wasn't alone in my journey. No, my best friend at the time rode with me on his own Puch moped! Yes, that's right, two 15 year olds riding mopeds in below freezing weather, 30 miles each direction to both buy Lynx's, and the same two games. So, we strapped the gear to the back of our 'bikes' with bungee cords, and made the long 1+ hour adventure back home to Goshen, with a top speed of about 42 mph if the wind was at our backs and we crouched down a little bit. All on a school night.

It was worth it.

Edited by Gunstarhero

That was a awesome story Gunstar,i got this mental image of you and your friend hauling butt in a snowstorm with snow and ice all over you guys pulling into the Toys-R-Us.

Thank goodness it wasnt closed,that would of sucked but still made a great story.Thanks for sharing. :)

Hey, my Lynx arrived today which is awesome! But i just notice it has two dead pixels :( .

But what are you going to do about it,thats life.It was CIB and came with four games which balances everything out. :)

My lynx also have some bad pixels Image.

Lets see the Lynx came with four games,Robotron,Shanghi,Electrocop,and Gates of Zendocon.

Then me and my pal Dalum dug up four more in his storage unit,Ninja Gaiden,Warbirds,Baseball Heros,and Pinball Jam.

No chips challenge?!? :? :sad:

I just got Chip's Challenge today. I remember playing this on Windows. It was a long time ago, back when I was a kid!

Its a great game, can get really though. Sometimes makes me want to throw my lynx in frustration. :cool:

I just got Chip's Challenge today. I remember playing this on Windows. It was a long time ago, back when I was a kid!

Its a great game, can get really though. Sometimes makes me want to throw my lynx in frustration. :cool:

If you can grab it, I'd say grab a copy of Desert Strike. Very good game that keeps you busy. I think it is a very good game for the Lynx in playability. I haven't spent enough time with it to beat it, or anything like that, but I've enjoyed it nonetheless. So if you played it before on Sega, you'll enjoy it again on the Lynx.

Chip Challenge is a great game as well. A great puzzle game that is fairly cheap. Cali. Games is pretty good as well. I'm not a huge fan of it, but it is still pretty nice to have. I have a few flat carts of it as well if someone still needs one. I'll take a look at any extras I may have.... and post them sometime. I am still looking for a few regular releases and different cart types as well (Gates of Zendocon... curved and ridged.... Krazy Ace, Super Asteroids/Missile Command)