IGNORED

The Magicard on eBay...

Mayhem

Besides, you know you will find one at a Goodwill store 2 weeks after you spend 2500 on it on ebay.

If spending $2500 on a Magicard meant I'd find one at a Goodwill the following week, I'd do it! At least you know you could put the second Magicard up on eBay and recoup your investment in the first one! And you'd be saving a Magicard from potential destruction! :)

..Al

For the uninformed, who is Dave Aker?

The only Aker I know of is the 1970's baseball relief pitcher Jack Aker. I suppose it would be interesting to have Atari games which were formerly owned by major league athletes.

Next time I'm at an Expos game, maybe I'll get Frank Robinson to sign my Combat cart. :D

KA

Why not just buy one of the new ones?

Much cheaper and brand new, they are also available in limited numbers.

I would never pay that price when you can buy one for less than $90.00, but then again I am not a hardcore collector.

Just my 2 cents................ :P

Well, 7800 Marco heh ;)

Seeing as I have the Venture 2, and am down for #8 of the limited "Mental Kombat" game... and going to CGE... might start collecting special releases for other systems than the C64. Christ, there's little left for me to get there :D

Anyhow, the Magicard might be too rich even by my manic bidding standards... I said MAYBE! :twisted:

Well, 7800 Marco heh  ;)  

Seeing as I have the Venture 2, and am down for #8 of the limited "Mental Kombat" game... and going to CGE... might start collecting special releases for other systems than the C64. Christ, there's little left for me to get there  :D  

Anyhow, the Magicard might be too rich even by my manic bidding standards... I said MAYBE!  :twisted:

Ah, good to see you've come to your senses and realized what a crappy system you've been collecting for so far. All members of this board could have told you so: Atari 2600 is the King :wink:

Cheers,

Marco

Oi! :twisted:

The C64 will ALWAYS be king to me... but as I owned a 2600 before I got it, then it will have a place also... the queen perhaps? :P

Seriously though, there's very little left for me to get C64 cart wise, so my attention will naturally wander to 7800 stuff I still need and 2600 specials ;)

The C64 will ALWAYS be king to me... but as I owned a 2600 before I got it, then it will have a place also... the queen perhaps?

I've been battling lately with people on #rgvc who claim Videopac (Odyssey 2) is the King. Of course, I won't have any of that. You phrased it nicely though: "will always be king to me", so good for you! :)

Cheers,

Marco

Well exactly... people are always going to have a favourite console/computer, usually the one they've spent the most time with. Arguing about it will never get a definitive answer! For the C64 it's been 18 years since it appeared one morning on the table. We only had a 2600 for 2 years or so beforehand, but the games we did get I recall being fun. Slightly different light now admitedly, but 20 years ago, they seemed great :D

Of course the C64 0wnz 2600 and Odyssey in the number of games made ;)

But you know I'll be supporting 2600 because I had one...