IGNORED

Orange Box Warlords

King Asmo

I just picked up a NIB copy of Warlords today.. the odd thing is, all the other ones I've seen/owned have been this Mustard Yellow/Dark Gold kinda color, whereas the one I got today was bright orange (kinda like the box for Star Raiders).

Did 2600 often come in different colors, and are there other Warlords boxes (blue, green, etc?)

KA

To the best of my knowledge, Warlords is the only box that was released in two different colors (the brownish and the orange) in the US. I have seen color variations between the US and International versions, though. I'm sure somebody else can add to this list, but off the top of my head:

Berzerk green box in US, orange international

Slot Racers brown box US, blue box international

From your history, which Warlords box seems rarer? I have seen several brown ones, but few orange ones.

I can recall seeing 4 or 5 of the darker box color, but this is the first orange box I ever remember seeing. I'm not much of a boxed game collector, tho, so I may have seen more and not really thought anything of it.

Cheers,

KA

what is the copyright date on the back of the orange box warlords? if it is 1986,7,8, it would be the "post-crash" re-release. the cartridge label probably would have the same copyright date. some of the re-releases had some color variation in the boxes...not obvious from an ebay picture, but obvious when you hold them side-by-side.

i'm trying to collect the 1986+ atari re-releases. so if your warlords is that type, would you be willing to trade for something more rare?

the warlords box on atariage shows a 1981 copyright. i wanted to point out a post-warner communications era box on atariage, but cannot find one.

i think that post-warner labels/boxes would be a good addition to the atari cartridge label and box variations. flag capture, concentration, fun with numbers, have pics of the picture label on atariage currently, but do not have pics of the box. blackjack with a picture label isn't listed (or i can't find it) on atariage, but i have it with a grey color box.

• 3 weeks later...