IGNORED

Scans For Rom

pangasinan

time to decipher the chinese game names:

strange but spinning plates is two of the four game options... just in different colours - i didn't stop to play them.. perhaps there was some game play variation?

edit - tried it again - this time got mission 3,000AD instead of the second dancing plates.

but... also discovered something very strange on the same cartridge - when I arrange the switches to play 'open sesame' and then switch it on - very briefly for a second you get a sort of crown image and what sounds like two words spoken in some language... perhaps taiwanese? As I don't have a copy of Open Sesame.. i don't kno if this is normal... anyone care to check?

here is a quick video of it - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i57eXFrL8fQ

This is a scan from the back of the cart Strawberry Shortcake from Parker. i wonder about the "Made in Australia".

are there other parker titles?

The box and the manual are exactly the same as in the NTSC US version. The number at the side of the cardboard-box is No.5910

post-17534-128022848186_thumb.jpg

Edited by Schitti

This is a scan from the back of the cart Strawberry Shortcake from Parker. i wonder about the "Made in Australia".

The box and the manual are exactly the same as in the NTSC US version. The number at the side of the cardboard-box is No.5910

possible... wouldn't surprise me - they release a lot of stuff in Australia

• 2 weeks later...

Some new ones.

Rom - Learning English comes up on the screen as Word Zapper

http://www.atarimani...ckey_16804.html although the spelling of two of the games are Learning English and Space Jockney

And the game Space Jockney game is back-to-front on the screen

http://www.atarimani...kong_16814.html

and two new titles for your SpaceVision database:

post-23929-128109245842_thumb.jpg

post-23929-12810924666_thumb.jpg

post-23929-128109247362_thumb.jpg

post-23929-128109248031_thumb.jpg

post-23929-12810924876_thumb.jpg

post-23929-128109249701_thumb.jpg

Edited by nofrills100

I'd be interested to know how many Parker Brothers titles have this. I'd like to add it to the giant variation list. Can you do me a favor and scan the front and end labels so I can do a comparison. You say the box and manual are the same, but is the label? Sometimes the subtlest of details are overlooked. :)

Phil

Edited by Philflound

space jockney back-to-front screen shot - the weird thing is that the game play is the correct way around?!

also a back-to-front and mutated 'space jockney' at the bottom of the screen

I think Pang had a Space Jockey with reversed letters too. Now I'm wondering if this was a legitimate badly glitched pirate? I mean if they are all like that then you'll know the had a F'd up quality control and once it was done it was too late to stop the release of carts.

That must be the ultra-rare Space Jockey cartridge for the Atari VCS Arcade Coin-Op System. The system is in a cabinet like the early Space Invaders, where the monitor faces up and there's a sheet of glass at a 45 degree angle to reflect it to the player. Behind the glass is a dimly-lit cardboard backdrop. The glass gives the illusion that the onscreen objects are superimposed right onto the printed backdrop, but because it's really a reflection, the screen image must be reversed. The cabinet has generic artwork, and each cartridge for the system comes with its own cardboard backdrop and marquee.

;)

JK of course! If this were really the case, controls would be reversed too (stick left moves the sprite right, etc.)

Some new ones.

Rom - Learning English comes up on the screen as Word Zapper

http://www.atarimani...ckey_16804.html although the spelling of two of the games are Learning English and Space Jockney

And the game Space Jockney game is back-to-front on the screen

http://www.atarimani...kong_16814.html

and two new titles for your SpaceVision database:

Thanks, man.

Will add these asap.

8)

I'd be interested to know how many Parker Brothers titles have this. I'd like to add it to the giant variation list. Can you do me a favor and scan the front and end labels so I can do a comparison. You say the box and manual are the same, but is the label? Sometimes the subtlest of details are overlooked. :)

Phil

hi phil,

sadly i dont have the game anymore. if you are still interested in some scans from the box, manual and cart, i can send it to you. but i havent scanned the endlabel. maybe i have a good photo from the cart where the endlabel can be read. i have to take a closer look at home.

Mr Postman Scan for Fantastic Game / Marpes.

I just bought an 8 in 1 multi-cart that has the exact same artwork as that - "Fantastic Game"!

It has

Mariana

Ice Hockey

Laser Blast

Space Raid

Boom Bang

Dragon Defender

Ski Run

Enduro

Is Fantastic Game the company name?

Scanner is out of action at the moment, will scan ASAP if required.

• 3 weeks later...