IGNORED

Scans For Rom

pangasinan

I've never had any trouble playing NTSC games on my console or TV.

I don't unfortunately have a harmony cart to test.

I guess comparing colours is no good?

Is there any other way?

Colors may not tell the whole story, because they might have been changed by the pirate company. A rom dump is much better way as you can easily verify the number of scanlines the game is using. While playing the game in the Stella emulator, press Alt L to display the number of scanlines. NTSC games will be around 262 lines, and PAL around 312 or so. Once a rom is dumped it can also be disassembled and reverse engineered to determine what the exact differences are (between the original and pirate roms).

Converted 7800's are mostly used to dump games (Dino has one). The future though might lie with the Harmony cart. Batari is working on something that will allow the Harmony to dump games as well. I'm just waiting to see what he comes up with. In any case if/when it gets done I'm sure it'll be a lot easier to use then the 7800 dumper.

That's Crazy Climber.

What the hell is that game doing on a pirate cart?

Is it truly PAL?

Does your TV accept NTSC signals, nofrills? Actually, a better way to test would be to load up a Harmony cart with the NTSC rom and play it on the same TV. That way you'll get a direct comparison.

I've never had any trouble playing NTSC games on my console or TV.

I don't unfortunately have a harmony cart to test.

I guess comparing colours is no good?

Is there any other way?

NTSC ;)

icon_eek.gif

wow.... you know what I just discovered...

check out the chinese on the front of the red funvision console... and then check out the end label on the cart I scanned in the post above it (the one I said translated to 'adventurer')

so funvision = 冒險家 = adventurer

so is that then a funvision cart or a cart entitled 'adventurer' icon_wink.gif

edit.. the same chinese for funvision is on the front of the other boxed console I posted recently...

well there you go..!

Edited by nofrills100

icon_eek.gif

wow.... you know what I just discovered...

check out the chinese on the front of the red funvision console... and then check out the end label on the cart I scanned in the post above it (the one I said translated to 'adventurer')

so funvision = 冒險家 = adventurer

so is that then a funvision cart

Must be that.

Nice catch, Nofrills!

I will double-check all other chinese cart pictures.

8)

edit.. the same chinese for funvision is on the front of the other boxed console I posted recently...

The first symbol looks different. On the Funvision console the top box is closed, and on the cart it is open. If you have a Chinese friend translating these for you ask them if it is the same word.

Google Translate is also a good place for definitions:

http://translate.google.ca/translate_t?hl=en&biw=1280&bih=685&q=adventurer&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sl=en&tl=zh-CN&sa=X&ei=mti8TJKxN8mFswbr2onaDQ&ved=0CBUQrgYwAA#en|zh-TW|adventurer%0A

Just make sure you choose Chinese Traditional over Chinese Simplified.

The first symbol looks different. On the Funvision console the top box is closed, and on the cart it is open. If you have a Chinese friend translating these for you ask them if it is the same word.

Google Translate is also a good place for definitions:

http://translate.google.ca/translate_t?hl=en&biw=1280&bih=685&q=adventurer&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sl=en&tl=zh-CN&sa=X&ei=mti8TJKxN8mFswbr2onaDQ&ved=0CBUQrgYwAA#en|zh-TW|adventurer%0A

Just make sure you choose Chinese Traditional over Chinese Simplified.

post-7232-128745153169_thumb.jpg

Both the same: Adventurer ;)

I think that its a bit tenuous to say that Funvision = "adventurer" though... These consoles have all sorts of random words printed on them ;)

post-7232-128745197602_thumb.jpg

It might be the Funvision "Adventurer" though :ponder:

Look closer, Dino. The place I'm talking about is here:

post-7074-128746176237_thumb.jpg

On the Funvision Console it is two complete boxes, while on the cart it is an upsidedown "U". What I wondering is if this a different word, or the same word written written slangishly, eh?

I can't read Chinese myself. However I've worked with lots of Chinese people in the past. What I remember of Chinese written language is that sometimes words look very close, but by adding a single extra tick to the base set it becomes a whole different word. So I'm hoping Nofrills has a friend that can confirm it's the same word. Neat discovery really.

I also wondering if they are calling the console "Adventurer" as in a model type. Also it wouldn't surprise me if this was another front for Funvision (as they had their hands tied to so many other companies anyhow!). This is a little different situation though, because the Funvision logo is plastered on the console too.

Look closer, Dino. The place I'm talking about is here:

post-7074-128746176237_thumb.jpg

On the Funvision Console it is two complete boxes, while on the cart it is an upsidedown "U". What I wondering is if this a different word, or the same word written written slangishly, eh?

I can't read Chinese myself. However I've worked with lots of Chinese people in the past. What I remember of Chinese written language is that sometimes words look very close, but by adding a single extra tick to the base set it becomes a whole different word. So I'm hoping Nofrills has a friend that can confirm it's the same word. Neat discovery really.

I also wondering if they are calling the console "Adventurer" as in a model type. Also it wouldn't surprise me if this was another front for Funvision (as they had their hands tied to so many other companies anyhow!). This is a little different situation though, because the Funvision logo is plastered on the console too.

I asked a chinese guy and he confirmed the words are the same ;) I'm pretty sure that Adventurer is not another word for Funvision though

I asked a chinese guy and he confirmed the words are the same ;)

Great!

I'm pretty sure that Adventurer is not another word for Funvision

The console is still pretty neat though. You could almost use it as survival gear to flag a rescue plane when you're lost in the woods. It looks very close to another Funvision model, only bright red.

post-7074-128746426185_thumb.jpg

I asked a chinese guy and he confirmed the words are the same ;)

Great!

I'm pretty sure that Adventurer is not another word for Funvision

The console is still pretty neat though. You could almost use it as survival gear to flag a rescue plane when you're lost in the woods. It looks very close to another Funvision model, only bright red.

post-7074-128746426185_thumb.jpg

It is definately one of the best looking Jrs around :lust:

I can't read Chinese myself. However I've worked with lots of Chinese people in the past. What I remember of Chinese written language is that sometimes words look very close, but by adding a single extra tick to the base set it becomes a whole different word.

When I went to China with my girlfriend (now wife) we got pulled off a domestic flight and taken into a back room, totally oblivious to what the problem was... thinking about all the things we should have declared in our luggage ;) only to eventually find out that her plane ticket had her name as OConnor and her passport had her name as O'Connor - they thought she was a trying to pass herself off as someone else! - goes to show what chaos a little ' can do in chinese!

When I went to China with my girlfriend (now wife) we got pulled off a domestic flight and taken into a back room, totally oblivious to what the problem was... thinking about all the things we should have declared in our luggage ;) only to eventually find out that her plane ticket had her name as OConnor and her passport had her name as O'Connor - they thought she was a trying to pass herself off as someone else! - goes to show what chaos a little ' can do in chinese!

Sounds like they were 'ed off.

• Like 1

another funvision console I haven't seen before:

and there was another... but i've lost the link....

edit... no it was this one: eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2606788184111?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=260678818411&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

(haven't seen that box variation before)

aaah i know that foto .... the lady that owns that one has all sorts of funky consoles ... but it seems they're really ard to find. i never managed got arrange any deal with her ...

• 3 weeks later...

Some interesting label artworks found on the back of my Hi-Score console box.

Notably the Funvision Inca Gold T-Handle variation label. And two Ultravision label variations that (probably) were not released.

Also attached is an Ultravision ad I found on the net that I don't think you have Rom.

post-23929-128981760731_thumb.jpg

post-23929-128981884928_thumb.jpg

post-23929-128981885791_thumb.jpg

Edited by nofrills100

Notably the Funvision Inca Gold T-Handle variation label. And two Ultravision label variations that (probably) were not released.

Also attached is an Ultravision ad I found on the net that I don't think you have Rom.

Nice ad!

Never seen it before.

Exactly which two Ultravision label variations were not released?

8)

Nice ad!

Never seen it before.

Exactly which two Ultravision label variations were not released?

icon_cool.gif

i mean these two labels / art works - which are not the labels on the two carts that did end up being released. (which however feature on the back of the hi-score box)

post-23929-128985101148_thumb.jpg

Edited by nofrills100